5.0 out of 5 stars Less salt with good taste!
Due to high blood pressure, I have been trying to cook healthier for my husband and myself; mainly low-salt and low-fat.

Published on December 7, 2011 by Pam

1.0 out of 5 stars recipes are too repetitive with ingredients.
These recipes used lots of peppers and spicy ingredients I don't use. I was looking for ideas for simple recipes that taste good without salt or sugar. Too many recipes with ingredients I can't get in a small town.
Published 13 months ago by bloempje

5.0 out of 5 stars Less salt with good taste!, December 7, 2011

This cookbook is informative: telling how to avoid hidden sodium in foods, list of foods high in sodium and healthy cooking techniques, plus many great recipes. We especially liked the Chicken, Barley and Spinach Casserole, the Chicken Dijon and Scalloped Potatoes. I just wish it included some photo shots of the dishes!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate low sodium cookbook, April 20, 2012
Finally, a low sodium cookbook worth buying. It has a good tutorial on sodium's place in our diet. The recipes are truly tasty and truly low sodium. The Kindle edition's bookmarking and notes capabilities are especially convenient. The barbeque sauce is especially good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Low Salt, February 19, 2012
I purchased this cookbook because I was put on a very low salt diet. It has proven to be a great addition to my cookbooks and I have used many of the recipes. My husband, who is a salt addict, also enjoys the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, July 24, 2012
I've ordered several low sodium cookbooks after my husband was put on a low sodium diet. This one has some of the best recipes of all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to how to eat properly, April 5, 2013
This review is from: American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Reducing Sodium and Fat in Your Diet (Paperback)
I got this book because it fits in with the cardiac diet that my partner was told to low fat, low salt and low-cholesterol and this fits right in with what we needed.

The meals are easy to fix and are very good. It doesn't make us feel like we are going without things we like to eat, just in a different format of ingredients.

Yes, I would recommend this book to anyone I know that would have to watch what they have to eat to maintain good health.

1.0 out of 5 stars recipes are too repetitive with ingredients., November 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, September 13, 2012
Previously I had checked out this cookbook from my public library to figure out if it would be worth the price. And, it was. I'm using the low-salt salad dressings and cole slaw dressing which are full of salt at the supermarket. We love the Tuna Pasta casserole. If you need to reduce sodium in your diet, this cookbook is a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a low sodium diet, April 17, 2013
Perfect recipes for low sodium diet...............easy to digest material and recipes easy to make. I would like to see more vegan recipes

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck!!!, December 12, 2013
My husband will eat anything but 5 out of 5 recipes got got thrown in the trash. Horrible, bland, tasteless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, May 11, 2013
L Kirby (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Gift for my sister who had a heart attack and has high blood pressure. She started using it right away and enjoyed it but did say that she wished they had fewer ingredients in the recipes. She likes it a lot though!

$16.00 $13.53