5.0 out of 5 stars best amp in its class
if you are looking for a compact ,,one rack space amp ,,,you can not find a better quality little amp anywhere,, you wont be disapointed
Published on April 4, 2012 by Joseph J. Freedman

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better choices
Published on October 20, 2012 by Nicholas

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better choices, October 20, 2012
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
I'm not sure if I just got a bad unit or what, but I could not recommend this amp for any critical listener. I originally ordered it to power the center channel in my home theater (meaning I was going to run it bridged mono) but upon hooking it up I realized there was entirely too much noise (similar to ground loop hum). Thinking it was a ground loop issue I tried using a cheater plug along with plugging it into my Furman PL-8C power conditioner (which seems to destroy any noise from other components) but had no success. I decided I would try and live with it and went to play a movie. 10 minutes into it I noticed the highs were just extremely harsh and distorted. The noise I maybe could have lived with, but the distortion drew the line for me. At this point I thought maybe re-purposing it to power my rear surrounds in stereo mode instead of bridged mono would solve the issue (since I know running bridged mono tends to increase THD), but again I was disappointed when I was met with the same results.

I ended up replacing it with a Dayton Audio APA150 and absolutely love it. Noise is almost decreased to the level of my Crown XLS1500 (I.E. almost non existent) and the full frequency range is reproduced faithfully. I was really rooting for this little thing since the price was GREAT for the power output, but as they say, if it looks too good to be true... If you're getting this for casual use like ambient music or outdoor party use, by all means go for it, but for a dedicated home theater/music setup, I would avoid at all costs. Just my $.02.

5.0 out of 5 stars best amp in its class, April 4, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars American Audio VLP 300 Amplifier, February 25, 2012
ewh123 (Westerville Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
I have purchased a total of 5 of these amps from Amazon, 3 on one order and 2 on other orders. I just hooked them up on 2-25-12 and had a problem with one of them. Channel A on one amp would not produce sound. All the other amps worked fine. I am still waiting on a reply from American Audio on repairs to the one amp. But the amps which worked sounded great. My system includes a Gemini preamp, Numark dual cd player, Behringer mastering sound processor, Seismic Audio speakers. After I had everything hooked up and made some basic settings on the sound processor I had great sound from these amps ( no hiss or humming at any volume level ). The cooling fans are somewhat loud but if the amps are rack mounted this will not be a problem. Its too bad one amp was defective but I bought 2 of these as spares so its just a small problem to get the one amp repaired. They appear to be built rugged, but if you plan to use these amps in a portable PA system beware, as they are somewhat heavy for their size ( 22 pounds apiece for a 150 watt, 300 watt max amp in one rack space size, I have 110 pounds of amps alone! ). I have these for my sound system at home so the weight will not be a problem for me. Overall I am pleased with the amps and hope American Audio will make warranty repairs easy. I gave a rating of 4 stars because of the one defective amp.

5.0 out of 5 stars american audio Vlp 300, June 8, 2014
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
works great clean soundplenty of power.slim light weight does't get hot .has two cooling fans.looks goodis a great deal.Thats all

5.0 out of 5 stars Great amp at a very nice price!, March 30, 2014
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
I hooked this amp up yesterday in our church and it is everything that was promised. Our church sanctuary is small but not tiny and this amp pumps out a lot of sound, even through two sets of speakers upstairs and overhead speakers in the fellowship area. I have used this amp to power stage monitors and it has been riding around in a box without any problems. The only con I could come up with is the weight. If it were even 5 pounds lighter, it would be easier to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck, February 25, 2014
ccjunk (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
We use this to power 2 small stage monitors at our church (seats around 150). Does what we need it to do, power output matches our small and simple needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, Lound Fans; but delivers the required power., December 3, 2013
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
It weighs a butt-ton, and is louder than all my other components. Besides that, it works as advertised. I like the blue LEDs on front, but they might be a distraction for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bang for the buck, March 14, 2013
This review is from: American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier (Electronics)
I did not experience the problems cited in the October 20, 2012 review, although that reviewer came across as knowledgeable. Either I was lucky or that unit was a lemon.

Mine runs quiet with no signal distortion or bleed, and even the dual fans are whisper quiet. I have uploaded photos to show how I have mine configured.

Some of the things I love are the form factor, which is a tiny 1U, the flexible outputs (Speakon or binding post), and simplicity. Another thing that I love is you can start with a single amp, then add another if you need more amplification. For me 300 Watts is more than ample for any live venue with a 300-patron capacity - or more, since I play low volume jazz and blues.

Of course, the price is a major plus, especially considering that not only has my experience been positive, but a quick search will reveal that these enjoy a solid reputation for reliability and owner satisfaction.

American Audio Vlp300 Amplifier