4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, June 15, 2010
This review is from: American Audio Vlp600 Amplifier (Electronics)
This is not a professional DJ amplifier. Lets get that out of the way right now. Based on its performance thus far, I believe that this amp is more for PA systems, Karaoke systems, and basement systems that need a bigger sound than consumer grade receivers can deliver. I have this amplifier connected to 4 Pyle premium series 15" PA speakers, and it delivers a pleasantly loud and clear punch without overheating or clipping. The bonus is this amp has an effective crossover built in. If I wanted to (and I have) I could put these on my to 15" Selenium subwoofers and flip the switch in the back and filter out all the voice and have nothing but quality bass rumbling deep and shaking my house apart. So if you are on a budget, you can save some money on crossovers by buying this amp. So, why not five stars? Its loud! Flip this bad boy on, and the cooling fan comes on with authority keeping the amp cool. Other than that, this is a very nice amp.

5.0 out of 5 stars DJ Rockin' Rich, July 3, 2014
This review is from: American Audio Vlp600 Amplifier (Electronics)
I’ve been using 2 of these American Audio VLP-600 Power Amps and 2 American Audio VLP-300 Power Amps in my DJ Rig for around 5 years.
Initially; I bought one of the VLP-300’s and one of the VLP-600’s for testing because I was a bit concerned about using an unknown brand of audio equipment on the road.
Well to my surprise; these babies have been pumping-out tunes in all kinds of conditions without any problems thus far. I live in Pennsylvania where we get extreme weather conditions from -0 degrees to +90 degrees from winter to summer. I leave my DJ Rig in my Van, so I was alittle worried about these things eventually failing after hard use on the road. But they just keep on kicking, Some days I’ll run them for 10 to 12 hours while playing an outdoors party where the temperature is in the high 80’s; but no problems because the dual cooling fans keep them at an acceptable temp. I have never had one shut down of give me any kind of issue, so I can highly recommend them.
I use the VLP-600’s to drive my boxes with Dual 18” Woofers, and the VLP-300’s to drive my smaller PA Speakers and my High End
Horn tweeters.

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, March 27, 2011
This review is from: American Audio Vlp600 Amplifier (Electronics)
good product,good price, good customer service from Amazon. this product has plenty of power and quality esp. at this price range. as noted in other reviews, the fans are a little noisy but not noticeable when playing even at lower volume.

American Audio Vlp600 Amplifier