on March 30, 2013
Except for a different cover, this magazine appears to be the same edition as the ABS magazine edition called Messages from God: What the Bible Reveals to you.

The latter sold-out immediately in my area. I have tried to order other copies and found this edition, which is just as beautiful and meaningful.

I have not had time to read the entire magazine and so cannot comment on how different Christian traditions might perceive the teaching.

From my ecumenical position I would say that this edition presents the traditional, faith-filled Christian message that the world is sacred in origin and created by God with intelligent design; that Moses is a deliverer with a foundational role in Judeo-Christian teaching; that from the prophets we learn that God reveals himself with one voice through different forms; and that the divine nature of Jesus Christ "is central to the New Testament portrayal of him" (54).

The section devoted to Jesus Christ is the longest section in the magazine.

The illustrations and design are beautiful. The prose is carefully written in a straightforward, easy-to-read, and intelligent style.

These will be Easter gifts for every household in my extended family.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 24, 2014
This is a great book to learn about God. I'm glad I bought it and suggest others to do the same.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again