5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book!, August 12, 2008
This review is from: American Country Churches (Hardcover)
I usually don't buy large coffee table books, but I made an exception for this one and I'm glad I did. I love the beautiful photos of the old, historic churches. I think churches are sacred spaces where you truly feel the presence of God and this book reflects that. I like the story and history that goes along with the photos. This is a lovely book and I enjoy looking/reading through it. The church on the cover is actually in Alabama, which I enjoyed because that is where I am originally from. The Southern churches and New England churches are my very favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photographs in this book!, May 27, 2012
This review is from: American Country Churches (Hardcover)
This book (coffee table size) contains wonderful, detailed photographs of about 40 rural churches from across the United States, each incredibly beautiful in its own way--some very simple, such as Missionary Baptist in Cades Cove, Tennessee (one of my favorite places in the south); others more formal, such as St. James Episcopal in Goose Creek, SC. Very interesting and easily readable information is included by the historian author, as well as close-up pictures of settings, interiors, windows, and historical items. I'm extremely happy with this book! My only complaint is that the sticker with the price was hard to remove from the back of the one I received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country churches, March 4, 2013
This review is from: American Country Churches (Hardcover)
This was a gift, but I bought it because of the many different designs of churches. It makes a beautiful "coffee table book" and allows for a great conversation.

5.0 out of 5 stars American Country Churches for Any Coffee Table Enjoyment, May 30, 2013
This review is from: American Country Churches (Hardcover)
This is a very nice selection of country churches with detailed explanations that will be enjoyed for any coffee table reading.

American Country Churches
American Country Churches by William Morgan (Hardcover - September 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $9.60