4.0 out of 5 stars Good crisp edges
Published on October 1, 2011 by Linda Bulger

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!
Published on June 10, 2011 by Mary Anna

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!, June 10, 2011
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
It sounded like a good deal, but I should have known to stick with a company that has a proven track record. Their 'sturdy' storage tube is just a cardboard tube, you can easily get the same thing from a good roll of gift wrap. The ends of the wires have raised printed lettering which catch on delicate yarn. I didn't need a ruler, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense to have a wooden ruler for wet blocking. I returned the item exactly as it was received and was told I would be charged $5 for return shipping, but instead was charged $11.26 (more than have the price). Will definitely think twice before making any future orders.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good crisp edges, October 1, 2011
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
This product consists of wires to weave through the edges of hand-knitted pieces, along with T-shaped pins to secure the wires into position on a soft surface. You soak and drain the pieces of knitting, weave the wire through the edges, and pin the wires out to allow the pieces to dry to the desired shape and size. This process is "blocking" and the wires are blocking wires. I pin mine to a yoga mat, a carpet, or a mattress.

I'm happy with this Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit from 7GIFTS. There are 36-inch wires (twelve of them) that are quite rigid, for straight edges. I found that these wires were flexible enough for the crescent edge of a shawl. Also included are two 24-inch extremely flexible wires, which would be perfect for neck or armhole edges of sweater pieces. Finally, a wooden yardstick ruler is included for measuring your pieces during blocking.

I know that twelve of the long wires is more than I would ever use at one time, while two of the flexible sort would not be enough to block an entire sweater or large piece with curves at one time. This, however, is my only complaint and it's a minor one; I've wanted wires for some time now and really couldn't be happier with these.

Linda Bulger, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Product is not fancy, but works great, February 16, 2013
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
I have never used blocking wires before, but needed them for a lace shawl I finished recently. The kit has 12 sturdy 36 inch blocking wires, two flexible 24 inch wires, a small box of stainless steel T-pins, and a wooden yardstick. They are packed in a heavy cardboard tube that has plastic caps on each end. A couple of the blocking wires needed minor sanding on the ends to smooth out small burrs, but most of them were fine. I followed the directions and the wires worked perfectly. I am pleased with this product, think it is fairly priced and happy to see it is made in the USA!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, July 5, 2013
E. Thompson (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
These work nicely for blocking shawls, scarves, and other knitting projects with long edges. I just wish they had done a little work on the wires because they come dirty and the ends aren't smooth. You have to spend some time cleaning them up before you can use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dressing Wires, May 13, 2010
quidnunk (Anchorage, AK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
The wires were just what I wanted and needed. The pins were included as were easy to understand instructions. This was my first experience with them and all went well.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've never blocked your work before..., February 11, 2012
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
Try it. I have been knitting for years and only hand blocked (if at all). I tried a new stitch for a scarf that had a very interesting texture and border. I decided to try this after reading about it in an online forum. I am glad I did. Blocking really made the stitch stand out and I liked that the edges of the scarf were so straight. It showed off the border really well. Blocking made me realize that I was a better knitter than I previously believed.

I like how the set works together so you can use them with just about any project and then can be stowed away anywhere. I also bought the puzzle like foam blocks so that I could get a nice stretch and pin in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased customer, March 23, 2010
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
These wires really do the job and my knitting projects are coming out quite professional looking. This is a great value that I hope to use for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad I ordered!, February 13, 2014
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
I read the reviews before purchasing and had some concerns about the wires catching and pulling on the knit stitches.
But have used them a number of times and if you are careful, there is no problem. Glad I ordered them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make the effort to block - it's worth it, October 15, 2013
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
Have used this already. I found the rods very easy to use and got a good blocked result. I blocked a large fingering weight shawl and a fine quivik scarf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes blocking so easy, February 19, 2013
This review is from: American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit (Misc.)
I'm so happy I bought these. Now blocking isn't the onerous dread-inducing task it used to be. These are easy to use. The steel ends are well-enough finished that they don't snag my knitting. The wires are flexible enough to accommodate slight curves, and the kit includes smaller gauge wires so you can really do detail work in the bends. It also comes with T-pins, which I happened to need. Don't really need the yard stick, but whatever, it stows in the tube along with the wires.

American Crafts Knit and Lace Blocking Wires Kit