5.0 out of 5 stars American dad Volume 6: Episode List and Bonus Features Info
Let me just say that I am glad that they finally have decided to release a full season. In the past, though the sets and features were great, we only got partial seasons. However, Volume 6 features all 18 season 5 episodes. Hopefully they keep it this way and release full seasons in the future. Here is a listing of the episodes, with bonus content for each disc:...
Published on March 20, 2011 by Joe P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't come round here looking for extras!
Published on July 18, 2011 by Eustace Bagge

5.0 out of 5 stars American dad Volume 6: Episode List and Bonus Features Info, March 20, 2011

DISC 1:

- In Country... Club (with Commentary featuring Matt Weitzman, Albert Calleros, Murray Miller, Judah Miller and Lauren Caltagirone)
- Moon Over Isla Island
- Home Adrone
- Brains, Brains, and Automobiles
- Man in the Moonbounce
- Shallow Vows

* Extras: Uncensored audio/scenes on select episodes and Deleted Scenes

DISC 2:

- My Morning Straitjacket (with Commentary featuring Mike Barker, Chris Bennett, Brent Woods and Matt Fusfeld, and Alternate Commentary featuring The Interdisciplinary Collective for American Dad Studies)
- G-String Circus
- Rapture's Delight (with Commentary featuring Mike Barker, Matt McKenna, Joe Daniello, Jeff Rebner and Kevin Thresher, and Alternate Commentary featuring The Interdisciplinary Collective for American Dad Studies)
- Don't Look a Smith Horse in the Mouth
- A Jones for a Smith (with Commentary featuring Mike Barker, John Aoshima, Jansen Yee, Laura McCreary and Matt Fusfeld, and Alternate Commentary featuring The Interdisciplinary Collective for American Dad Studies)
- May the Best Stan Win

* Extras: The Making of "Rapture's Delight", Uncensored audio/scenes for select episodes, and Deleted Scenes

DISC 3:

- Return of the Bling
- Cops & Roger
- Merlot Down Dirty Shame (with Commentary featuring Matt Weitzman, Josue Cervantes, Brian Boyle, Wendy Schaal and Dee Bradley Baker)
- Bully For Steve
- An Incident at Owl Creek
- Great Space Roaster (with Commentary featuring Matt Weitzman, Jonathan Fener, Joe Daniello, Micky Rose and Jordan Blum)

* Extras: Uncensored audio/scenes for select episodes, and Deleted Scenes

Also, as of now(3/20), in addition to not having the Bonus Content listed, Amazon does not have the art work posted for the set( Of course, that could change by the time you read this review) All they have at this moment is a generic photo of the Smith family with Animation Domination written across the top. In case anyone is wondering, the art work has been released and here it is:

[...]

If you don't trust the link or if Amazon doesn't show links in reviews, or if the image is removed from the link by the time you view it, just do a Google image search of "American Dad Volume 6" and it should come up with a few results. The art work features the Smith family against a police mug shot backdrop wearing costumes from the various Volume 6 episodes.

Hopefully the info helped and hopefully you enjoy this show as much as I do! Buy the set, it's worth it, and tell your friends so this show lasts and lasts.

NOTE: I've now had a chance to view the whole set and it's contents and want to add that only some episodes feature uncensored audio/video. It says it on the back and some episodes the dialogue is still beeped. Seems a bit strange that they would do this with only a few episodes, but whatever. Thought it was worth a mention.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't come round here looking for extras!, July 18, 2011
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
Although I think American Dad is the best of Seth's shows, they've really punked out on the extras on this DVD set. Past Volumes had interesting commentary and great deleted scenes. The commentaries on this volume are horrendous, even including some bit with a chick that has never watched the show but is friends with the wife of one of the guys that works on American Dad or some such nonsense. It was so boring and ridiculous that I couldn't be asked to pay enough attention to figure out if it was meant to be ironic or if it was just completely lame on its own.

Dear American Dad producers: if you want to know what good extras/commentary/deleted scenes are then buy yourself a Futurama DVD. That. Also, and though many others have already said, uncensored does not mean bleeping Francine dropping F bombs. If I want to watch that crap I will Tivo your show and burn copies straight from Fox. Yeah, I said it. The whole reason I buy the DVDs is so that I have access to the extras that, until now, have not completely sucked. I will think long and hard about buying the next volume unless it returns to previous form.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show but Not UNCENSORED, May 6, 2011
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
Most of the episodes are censored. First episode is uncensored but almost all of the others are bleeped out. Really sad. Look Fox/Seth we're all grown ups here. Not gonna offend anyone. Still love the show though just think we got screwed again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, yet censored., January 13, 2012
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
I purchased Americna Dad! Vol. 6 after finding the latest Family Guy (Vol. 9) release to be quite humorous. I'm a fan of the creator's work and feel that at times, American Dad! is a bit more grown up in terms of it's humor (if only by a minute level).

The content for this season is what one can expect from a series made by Seth McFarlane: a disfunctional family full of Type A personalities from differing points of the social spectrum. The jokes are creative and relevant to the times, and the writing is sharp and at times makes you think about what's truly being commented on.

The one downside I've found with this season is that aside from the first episode, the rest of the content is censored. This was quite a surprise as I thought that when purchased, we were to expect an uncensored version of what was aired on Fox.

All in all, this is a wonderful edition to any collector of Seth McFarlane's work. Be aware though, if you want to save some money, and yet not miss any content, just watch the episodes on Fox. With the censoring implemented on the discs, there's hardly any difference.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncensored my foot, May 4, 2011
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
In big letters on the back at the top it says "Uncensored and Outrageous" and in the small print describing the special features it says "on select episodes". This is annoying and misleading. I want the uncensored version of each episode! Also annoying is that half the episodes are full screen and half are wide. This show is still great but this collection seems like an uneven thrown together hodge-podge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume 6 one of the best!, March 30, 2014
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
This volume is a little weird how some episodes are uncensored and then some episodes are not uncensored. However, the is one of the best compilations of American Dad. It includes Merlot Down Dirty Shame, a hilarious homage to Sideways, where Roger just cant win. In Shallow Vows Stan and Francine truly learn that their marriage is based on superficial needs. And in A Jones for Smith, Stan gets hooked on what he believes is cold medication. This episode also includes a parody of a medicine commercial that will have you roaring. All of the episodes are good in this one- just listed some of my favorite moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars **Still Outrageous, Still Hilarious And Still Not For Kids!**, December 28, 2011
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
I really like Seth Macfarlane, his cartoons are awesome! I like the type of humor they have which is of course mostly considered as outrageous , way too real for TV, shocking and definitely not for kids!!! It is actually impressive to see the number of lawsuits that were filed against macfarlane for some of the themes and personalities he's been joking about. But it doesn't matter, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD are definitely here to stay as they now found a wider and more mature audience to support them!

I also grew up watching the Simpsons on TV like everyone else and remember thinking this was the best show ever. Although as i got older, i came to realise that bart's adventure were not as appealing to me as they were a few years before and i slowly lost touch with the simpson. I guess i kinda thought i was getting too old to watch cartoons. Then FAMILY GUY came along with AMERICAN DAD and Seth Proved me and millions of people that we weren't too old for cartoons, we just needed one with some more mature and adult content. Thats what this show is, its for adults, mature people that aren't afraid to have a good laugh at sensible topics once in a while...

I hope this show stays on TV for a while, its really refreshing and its by far the most hilarious cartoons ever made!! I just hope that they keep the show the way it is...with all those lawsuits and angry people im afraid that one day, Seth and his team may be asked to soften their touch, and thats the last thing i want. I want this show to stay true to what it is....outrageously funny and hilarious!!!

Thank you Seth for this amazing cartoon!!.. keep up the good work!!!! I would also like to thank the Smith family : Stan, Hailey, Francine, Roger ,Claus and Steve...May you guys stay with us again for many more years of fun and entertainment!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 11, 2011
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
When the first season of American Dad came out, I said we really need to keep an eye on this because it has potential to develop into something really great (I said that with King of the Hill as well, and was right). American Dad now has 6 volumes, all increasingly better. In my list of favorite animated shows, this easily takes spot number 2.

American Dad has a smorgasbord of interesting characters and all of them are coming out in full force for volume 6! Roger is on point, he is the most rude he has ever been, and when AD spoofs Lord of the Rings he is an EXCELLENT Smeagol! Stan is still the typical conservative tight @$$ "All American" male. Meaner than he has been in the past, harder on Steve than ever with some quotes that totally vomit on Steve's confidence. Steve is still his nerdy self, but when he gets Post Traumatic War Reenactment Syndrome, oh lord its funny! A nice new take on Steve's more "savage" side. You also get to see the ups and downs of Haley's relationship with Reggie, the killer Koala bear. The Mad Max type spoof in "Rapture's Delight" you just have to see, because its great. But what I loved most, was when the family roasted Roger on his birthday. I'm not going to spoil it for you, because to me its one of the best moments of interaction between animated characters ever!

My only complaints are:
1- As one reviewer said, certain episodes are not uncensored. I don't know why that is, but it disrupted the flow for me. That was the whole reason I bought the DVD! For uncensored material!!!

2- Reggie is just a weak character to me. I hate his script. He really has no good jokes, and it really annoys me. I would like to see him once or twice. I honestly think its time to kill him off. Just my opinion.

You really can't talk about American Dad without mentioning Family Guy. I think American Dad has just blown away Family Guy. The writing has been better, the characters are way more interesting, and the jokes/spoofs are fresh. So far none of the characters have underwent such a drastic change that is destorys their very fabric of meaning (like Stewie going from being hell-bent on murder to a possibly in the closet homosexual) or Brian (one day he hates black people, one day hes dating a black girl, one day he sees Jesus IN HIS HOUSE, the next day hes Atheist) Plus, Family Guy for the most part was becoming all-out political propaganda. Sad that American Dad (the show that is based heavily on political viewpoints) has saved us from that. I'm obviously a conservative, but thats my beliefs and I respect liberals views just the same as mine. But I cannot stomach having more liberal media crammed down my throat by way of my once favorite animated tv show that is supposed to be based on shock comedy, fun, and lewdness more than the government. American Dad pokes fun at both sides of the fence. You have Stan with his conservative outlook and then Haley counteracts with her liberal ways. Priceless. Its all in balance. I don't have to sit there and get fired up because I feel like someone is singling me out. Libs and Cons can laugh at themselves then at each other through this show. I absolutely love that and its one of the reasons I think American Dad is taking over. I hope AD does the episodes 1-3 spoofs of Star Wars instead of Cleveland show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, March 16, 2014
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
A lot of the episodes aren't censored. I haven't yet watched all the episodes on the DVD though. Brains Brains Automobiles, Rapture's Delight, and The Great Space Roaster aren't censored, that much I know for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars American Dad the best cartoon, May 12, 2011
AlexsDad (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Dad!, Vol. 6 (DVD)
I've been a fan of American Dad from the very first episode. Roger is the best character on television today. Love it!