Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on January 29, 2012
According to a number of sources including Wikipedia and tvshowsondvd.com, American Dad! Volume 7 has a release date of April 17 and will contain all 19 episodes from Season 6. One big plus is that Volume 6 of American Dad! was the entire 5th season and this set appears to be the entire 6th season. I wish that they would start doing this with Family Guy instead of dividing the episodes up into Volumes.

List of episodes:(2010-2011 season)

"100 A.D." 4.5/5
"School Lies" 4/5
"License to Till" 4.5/5
"Jenny Fromdabloc" 3/5
"Home Wrecker" 4/5
"Flirting with Disaster" 4/5 (Hilarious spoof of "The Office" in the opening scences)
"Gorillas in the Mist" 3.5/5

This set has some very funny episodes. The Christmas Special "For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls" was just fantastic. "The People vs. Martin Sugar" had me laughing for days after it aired(Several references to "The Fugitive"). In the episode "Flirting With Disaster", the opening sequence and the first 5-6 minutes of the show is a spoof of "The Office" as a documentary crew films Stan and his co-workers in their office. This sequence is an absolute riot. There are quite a few more episodes on this set that I do like: Stanny Boy and Frantastic, School Lies, Home Wrecker, 100 A.D., Stan's Food Resturant among others are all hilarious. So far during the current 2011-2012 season, there hasn't been a really good episode yet so this DVD set could be the last good one unless things improve.
review image review image review image
77 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2012
First off, thanks to the Amazon reviewer who went to the trouble of breaking down all the episodes that come with this volume, and reviewing each one independately. Really raising the bar for the rest of us, I definitely need to start doing better reviews if I ever want to rise up in the Amazon ranks.

Anyway, American Dad was a show that for years I ignored. I never gave it the time of day, after all I had Family Guy. Well, Family Guy for me has started to wane in years past and I decided one night to give American Dad a try. My brother and I laughed ourselves almost to the point of hiccupping. This show is histerical. Also this is NOT Family Guy Jr. This show follows it's own formula and style. I.E. no cut scenes like Family Guy.

I have pretty much now seen all the older re-runs and now watch the new episodes every Sunday night.

This particular volume contains some especially funny episodes. One that jumps to mind is the Jury Duty episode with Roger and Stan. Roger really gets into his characters and his "Martin Sugar" persona was a riot.

Judging from what I've seen, American Dad and Family Guy do not releases seasons, but volumes. I don't know if this means you don't get a complete season or what is the case. I do know you get quite a few episodes in this set though.

This would be a great gift for a soldier overseas, I doubt those guys have tv over there. The reality is though that this tv show IS sindicated now and is on at least 3 times a day. So for me at least, owning it is not high on my list.

However many people can not afford cable, I know I couldn't if I lived on my own, so just buying a series here and there is probably cheaper.

If you are one of these people, give this show a chance. Especially if you have never seen it before. It will crack you up.

***One techical aspect you may want to research before buying. Fox has the bad habit of release different cuts of tv shows. I have on numerous occasions watched Family Guy and then watched the same episode on Adult Swim and have seen differences. Usually Fox cuts stuff from their episodes, while Adult Swim will air more explicit content matter. What do you get on DVD, I honestly don't know...

Well, that's my 2 cents on this great show and this Volume 7 home release, hope it was helpful. As always, sorry for any spelling and grammer errors, I went to public school...
1111 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
Great DVD for any true American Dad fan! This DVD includes all of the episodes in American Dad season 7. The episodes are uncensored, which makes the viewing experience that much better! Great DVD, lots of jokes and laughs and a perfect gift!
on May 18, 2012
I love American Dad and have all 7 volumes on dvd. this show is so smart and unique that more people should check it out on Fox or on dvd. It's definitely worth getting into. Amazon.com has great prices and pre-order gets me this dvd ultra fast.
on July 21, 2012
Twenty words, really? It's one of the funniest shows, but the DVDs feature curse-words which it makes it funnier. Yes, Mom, I went there. Franks, everyone..
on April 9, 2016
All the great holiday stuff. Almost all of my fave episodes came out this season! Steve becomes "The Cool Guy", Roger has "some pretty bad gas" and Andy Dick is such a Andy Dick! Could be The Best Season Ever!
on November 28, 2012
I cannot get enough of Roger's antics. This is my favorite cartoon series, and I think that it is better than Family Guy. I know that is a minority opinion. On Family Guy, I cannot stand how badly Lois treats Meg. Francine Smith is the real deal. As long as American DAd is produced, I will keep watching and keep buying the DVD sets.
on August 29, 2012
One, when this show came out, I really did not give 2 cent worth of watching. Guess one night, after few sesons when by. I watch one show, and got hooked! More for adults or children over 13. I enjoy a good laugh, and this is one of those shows that great on raining days to sit back and watch!
on May 5, 2013
I love the condition of the product and the show is okay though it is not one of Seth McFarlane's greatest show! This is how I rate his 3 shows: Family Guy #1, The Cleveland Show #2 and American Dad #3!
on December 16, 2012
Great viewing, Roger as always is really funny, and the uncut version delivers what you miss on television. Another great addition to your collection of The American Dad Series.