4.0 out of 5 stars Use an Aneroid (Non-Electronic) bp Gauge for Accuracy
Published on January 23, 2010 by TQSA

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK.
Published 9 months ago by Rachel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use an Aneroid (Non-Electronic) bp Gauge for Accuracy, January 23, 2010
TQSA (El Prado NM USA) - See all my reviews
I was a paramedic for many years and I monitor my own blood pressure. I am also a "techie", very comfortable with electronic devices. But I know that an aneroid ("mechanical") sphygmomanometer is less prone to error than the digital kind and likely to remain so. If you have good ears, know how to measure blood pressure, and will be using one device for several years, aneroid is the best choice.

That said, quality and ease of use is still important. The ADC DIAGNOSTIX I just bought seems to have the quality (and accuracy) I wanted, and is a good instrument. The discount off list price that I received by buying it from a vendor on the Amazon Marketplace (MedexSupply) made it an excellent choice, and the response and delivery time was outstanding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 1, 2011
bikergran (northern california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Diagnostic Corporation Sphygmomanometer, Navy, Adult (Health and Beauty)
It was necessary for me to get an accurate blood pressure, and this item did the job for me. It measured up accurately against cuffs in the doc's office and hospital. Very happy with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., November 3, 2013
This isn't the best quality sphygmomanometer, but you get what you pay for. It is nice that it comes with a case making travel easy. The biggest problem I had with the device is that it's calibration was slightly off upon arrival. I purchased this to use for nursing school so I wasn't too concerned with the accuracy, but if you want something more accurate I suggest spending a little more money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, September 14, 2013
Good quality adult size BP cuff. I am using it for clinical rotations for nursing school and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good sphygmo and what I expected for, January 15, 2012
This sphygmomanometer is so good for medical students, like me! And is cheaper than Alch Allyn, that just has the name of the brand, but works like ADC!

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition to my BLS bag., August 3, 2014
Works great, no complaints, exactly as described and quickly delivered. Would highly recommend this product to healthcare providers of all levels.

American Diagnostic Corporation Sphygmomanometer, Navy, Adult