The American Educational, 7-1864, is a 104-piece basic molecular model set that includes 74 balls made of break-resistant, colored plastic, 30 bonding plugs, and is used to build simple organic and inorganic compounds. A molecular model set is used by educators, students, and researchers to construct models of various organic or inorganic compounds for teaching demonstrations, and to provide a hands-on learning experience.
This molecular model set can be used to construct a wide variety of simple organic compounds such as H2O, NaCl, H2SO4, O2, and C12. It can also be used to create simple inorganic compounds such as ethylene, acetylene, and propane. Model parts are made of strong, break-resistant colored plastic to withstand repeated use, and to provide identification. Connecting bonding plugs fit securely and flex for double binding applications. Precision-drilled balls allow accurate bonding angles.
American Educational Products manufactures educational and supplemental learning materials including math, science, and reading/language arts for pre-kindergarten through grade 12 students. The company, founded in 1986, is headquartered in Fort Collins, CO.
What’s in the Box?
- (6) 2.5cm black alkane carbon balls
- (4) 2.5cm black alkene balls
- (2) 2.5cm black alkyne carbon balls
- (5) 2.5cm green halogens and monovalent non-metals balls
- (4) 2.5cm yellow sulfur/selenium hexavalent balls
- (4) 2.5cm orange sodium/potassium monovalent metals balls
- (6) 2cm red oxygen balls
- (6) 2cm blue nitrogen/phosphorus trivalent and pentavalent elements balls
- (6) 2cm yellow aluminum/chromium trivalent metals balls
- (2) 2cm orange calcium/magnesium bivalent metals balls
- (25) 1cm white hydrogen balls with Integral bonding lugs
- (30) 1cm bonding plugs