4.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt - stupid tie
Published 7 months ago by Jimbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for what I needed.
I searched everywhere for a red shirt and had no luck. I found this shirt, and the same shirt in the boys 2-7 size for my younger son. They came in today and I had the boys try them on immediately. Here is what I thought:

Pros: The shirt was a nice color (we ordered burgundy)
The fabric was decent in appearance.
The tie and pocket square,...
Published 20 months ago by Kellie

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for what I needed., November 26, 2012
This review is from: American Exchange Boys 8-20 Dress Shirt with Tie and Pocket Square (Apparel)

Pros: The shirt was a nice color (we ordered burgundy)
The fabric was decent in appearance.
The tie and pocket square, though not as pictured, matched well. Better than the picture.

Cons: For my boys, the fit was funny. With hands down, the sleeves were fine. Arms raised, VERY short.
The tie is a poorly made clip-on.
I am afraid to wash this first, I think it will shrink, and they have just enough room.
The ties are SHORT (for size 14 and 7 in the smaller size)

I only needed the shirt though I would have used the ties if they looked at all decent. This is for them to wear on Christmas and while I should have been able to use these later, for the price and the fact that I could not find a single similar shirt, I decided to keep these anyway. If you need this for a one-time special occasion, you could get by. If you are looking for a shirt to wear more often, look elsewhere. Size-wise, if your child is between sizes, order up. I don't know what size the tie will fit, but expect it to be short.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's "Okay" for the price but came with pink tie, December 19, 2012
Amazon Customer "Susie B" (Pensacola, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This shirt was a disappointment to me and my son. It arrived too late for his presentation due to UPS losing it, but when it finally arrived, it had a bright pink tie and pocket square. Now, sure some boys do not mind wearing pink, but my 11 year old son does especially when giving a presentation in front of his class. The product states, it will come with an assorted tie, I didn't realize pink would be one of those options. They should really specify what tie the customer will potentially receive because it felt like a waste of money and time to receive this product. I don't recommend this product because if you can use the tie, it's just a basic button up shirt which you can purchase at walmart for under 10 bucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, December 11, 2013
The picture is different than what you receive. The shirt is a ugly beige not what it looks like in the picture. The tie in no way resembles the picture. Looks like I will be doing my first amazon return and will not buy clothes from here again. Completely disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt - stupid tie, December 4, 2013
Jimbo (Sioux Falls, SD USA) - See all my reviews
First, the shirt is fantastic. It fits as it should and is nice quality. The tie, however, is a joke. Apparently the tie is "universal" and should fit all kids. It would fit a 3 year old perfectly! However my 9 year old is about 5 feet tall. The size 14 shirt is a good fit, but the tie ends at the middle of his chest. The tie is also PINK. 9 year old boys aren't wild about pink.

That being said, buy the shirt at the advertised price. It's a good quality shirt and is worth the cost. Donate the tie to Goodwill or somewhere similar.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad shirts, June 11, 2013
Purchased 2 for my kids for a wedding
Color said off-white
One was off-white, the other was yellow
It also had 2 stains
The off-white also had bad stitching on the right sleeve
Obviously this shirt manufacture has no quality control. Sending both back for a refund

3.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT consider the tie in your decision, November 30, 2012
I ordered the purple shirt and the color looks great. For what I need it for it doesn't have to be the highest quality. However, the tie was hideous. It was nothing like the one in the picture. The shirt is purple and the tie was pink. Yes, purple and pink go together but not for my son. He had a fit with the pink tie. Also the tie is clip-on and I missed that part. So at 9 he feels too big to wear a clip on. Oh well, the shirt color was a hit and it looks good with a black suit. We'll find another tie.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK UNDER V-NECKS . . ., December 30, 2013
Square Disher (Wakefield, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
First of all, let me say that this is the oddest shade of red - more of a coral, orangey red, not a true red.
Now to the fit and quality - runs a little small, but not terribly so, and a little on the thin side, but I bought as a layering piece for under V-neck sweaters.
By the way, the clip-on tie and pocket square don't even match the shirt(!) - Not that my son would EVER use a "clip-on" tie anyways, so don't factor the tie and pocket square in your decision unless you child is very young and has no opinion on such fashion choices.
Finally, it was a good purchase for the price.
Wish it was true to color.
Would try a different color to match another sweater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, July 23, 2013
This shirt came on time and as described - it was the perfect addition to my friend's son's kindergarten graduation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, March 1, 2013
Very pleased. My son will look handsome on Easter. Great price and fast shipment. Runs true to size Happy with purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars The shirt is perfect! Unfortunately the tie is too small for the ..., July 13, 2014
The shirt is perfect! Unfortunately the tie is too small for the shirt so my 4 year old uses it.

American Exchange Boys 8-20 Dress Shirt with Tie and Pocket Square