Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

95%
Format: DVD|Change

on September 2, 2000
A very interesting biography. Through interviews with friends and family members and extensive excerpts of her own writings and quotes, the viewer will come to know facts about Mrs. Roosevelt not known before. Scorned by her mother and betrayed by her father and husband, she was a remarkable woman nonetheless. Although rich in material things, she was very fragile emotionally. Watching this video will convince the viewer that Mrs. Roosevelt was this country's most controversial and hardest-working First Lady.
on August 9, 2007
I have found the entire PBS American Experience series to be nothing short of excellent, both in the accuracy of the historical facts of it's subjects as well as the candid and plain truth about their lives, all in unvarnished detail. The latest one I purchased and watched was on Eleanor Roosevelt, the First Lady of FDR and the Champion of Human Rights for all People. Both educational as well as fascinating, if you are a history buff and are intrigued by the gifted lives and legacies of these historical figures whose stories are told in a rich narrative accompanied by a beautiful and awesomely appropriate musical sountrack, then any one episode of this series is for you!! I now own PBS AE documentaries on Bobby Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, LBJ, Harry Truman, Jimmy Carter, Huey Long, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Malcolm X, Teddy Roosevelt, Mao Tse Tung, as well as a couple of others I can't recall at the moment! Do yourself a favor history lover, get a copy of the life stories well told of one of these great people of the past and present, you won't regret it!
on February 8, 2010
I am a great admirer of this wonderful women and the place she deserves in history. The other reviewers have gone into detail about what the PBS documentary covers so I will not repeat that in this review. Since this is an older series, I would recommend that you buy FDR the PBS version as there is a lot more live footage of Eleanor in this than in the PBS show on Eleanor specifically. In fact much of this documentary is taken from the FRD PBS show but without as much live footage. Also consider the drama, Franklin and Eleanor, as it is a wonderful presentation of their life and I actually learned as much from this about her as I did in the documentaries. Try the above mentioned first and you will most likely feel satisfied that the amazing life and time of Eleanor is covered in fine detail.
on March 23, 2008
I stumbled upon half of this documentary on PBS late at night and decided I wanted to buy a copy. Eleanor Roosevelt is such an incredable women and this film has done an excellent job of protraying all sides of her personality. I particularly relate to her struggles with depression and am amazed that she was able to pull out of each episode and accomplish so much. Whenever I feeling down and need some inspiration, I am going to watch this DVD!
on November 3, 2013
I have admired this lady since I was a little girl at the end of WWII and read about her. I have seen other programs about her and have watched the wonderful "Eleanor and Franklin" mini series at least 20 times. I really enjoyed this DVD about her life with the many photos and film of her during her life. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the life and times of this great lady.
on August 21, 2013
If your studding Eleanor Roosevelt, then this is your video. American Experience always puts out exceptional great productions. Eleanor was an exceptional person and this two hour and thirty minute video covers a lot of territory. Interviews with her closest relatives, friends and biographers as well as rare films, this video reveals the hidden dimensions of one of the country's most influential women.
on May 30, 2014
Good quality. It really gives alot of insight into her life and this video really goes into depth about her and Franklin Roosevelt. If you like Eleanor... this is a welcome edition to your library that you won't be sorry you purchased.
on January 20, 2008
As with most "American Experience" shows, this production is exceptionally well done. It provides photo and video coverage of the life of a true American Hero. A testimony to the contribution of women to our Country, the life and work of Eleanor Roosevelt provide a beacon to all those concerned for the welfare of others around the world. I was raised in a home where she was adored and loved (my sister was named for her). She is and to many who know her an exemplar of the best of the progressive tradition. For young people, not familiar with her accomplishments, this is a must see.
on January 5, 2013
I constantly marvel at what Eleanor Roosevelt accomplished in her lifetime. She is an inspiration for men and woman alike. This is a film I like to revisit from time to time to remind me of what a clear-thinking and determined individual can achieve.
on May 9, 2012
I wish this fantastic,awsome, woman was our President today. She would have known what to do to keep our country great. She was soooo smart. None have been greater then her. Thank you Amazon for having the book available to me to buy. Shirley Myers