Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 18, 2014
As I pulled these shorts up.
A bird flew above.
An Eagle.
It was old.
It was Bald.
A tear fell from my eye.
It fell from the Eagle's eye.
America.
The end.
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
I ordered these shorts early in order to get ready for Fourth of July at the beach and to ensure that everything fit well so when they came in I immediately tried them on. The shorts do fit as expected around the waist however, the length is something I have an issue with - they run down to my upper calves. I am by no means a tall person (5' 6") so I expect most shorts to run a little long but I bought these in medium and they were nowhere near an appropriate length.

TL;DR: Pattern and material were great; waist was fit appropriately; length was way too long
on July 2, 2015
I got these for my 20 year old son for our vacation and was very impressed with how well they were made. He immediately tried them on and was absolutely thrilled. The USA is actually stitched on and the fabric is soft and pliable, this is a very nice pair of board shorts.
on June 24, 2014
im 6'2 240lbs…..im not fat by any means. i lift a lot and just built big. I normally wear XL. I have a 36 waist. I bought a Large based on the past reviews and they are freaking huge. I returned for a Medium. Havnt received them yet so can't comments on the size. They are very long as well. The Large went a few inches below my knees. Not sure if i should have even bought another pair. They seemed alright if they would've fit. So definitely listen to the reviews.
on December 17, 2015
My boyfriend loves anything red white and blue, so this was an easy decision. But there were a lot of complaints about sizing and design on these, making me leery of buying them. But I ordered the size that he normally wears and they fit perfect. He loves the length, but they are about mid knee. He's 5'9. He likes the length and they fit fine in the waste without needing a tie that goes around the entire waistband. The fit is fine, and the design is awesome!
on July 12, 2013
Summary: Get a smaller size.

As a 6'6" guy with a 32" waist - I figured, "Hey, I'm a considerable amount taller than the 5'8" guy that bought a large. I'll get a large." Bad idea.

Although these shorts feel great, look great, and are made of quality material, the sizing is very strange. I'm a tall 21 year old but I like my shorts to be above the knee (think J Crew). With such long legs I assumed a large would be perfect, unfortunately the shorts go to the midway point of my knee rather than stopping above them. I can't imagine what the other gentleman thought when he tried these on and they were probably at his mid shin.

I bought these shorts for beach volleyball and I don't want the length to get in the way of my knees during digs or to impede my stride when I make the run up for a kill. Plus, my girlfriend simply said they are too big on me.
on May 14, 2016
I love the shorts design however, the sizing is small and it just fits a little tight. I am a size 38 and I order an XL so I will have a little breathing room based off the manufacturers sizing chart. My recommendation is to go one up on the size chart and that will solve this issue. However, I am stuck with what I have and hope my review will let other customers enjoy their purchase more than I do.
on March 15, 2016
Comfortable shorts. After reading reviews order a medium, I usually would get a large. Fits as though they would normally, 34/36 inch waist 6 foot 2 inches, 200 lb. Elastic waitband. Fit at the bend of the knee. Overall good shorts. Buy smaller size
on July 1, 2015
Crazy comfortable. I know a lot of reviewers complained about the fit but I think they fit exactly as expected. No mesh liner that some people talk about in their reviews, which is a good thing. The construction is very well done, seems like these will last a long long time.
on July 21, 2016
I have a friend who is a European and works in the suit section of a store and once told me that American men do not know their clothing/fitting sizes. The comments left here validate the statement. What's not clear? The size description for a large is 34-36 and length wise the shorts (like the picture shows) extends to about the knees. These shorts also have an elastic waistband and tie straps to tighten if needed. That said, they maybe a little loose if you wear 34 waist. If you're a sold 34 waist, you might want to go smaller than a large if you want a tighter fit.