Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on April 9, 2012
I bought this luggage set in January for a trip to canada in march. Luggage arrived in the time they specified. All five pieces were checked by myself and everything was in working order. Three of the pieces came with locks and keys. I used the duffel for an overnight weekend and it withstood the long bus trip without any problems and when I went to canada I used the makeup satchel and the carry on and both pieces made it there and back on the train without any problems. This was a good purchase for me. I like the colors because they were different and stand out and I liked the durability. I would recommend this set to anyone.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I ordered this set for a number of reasons. First and foremost, my old suitcases were old and literally breaking apart. Also, I saw the the great reviews on this set and its fantastic sale price (as of now the price went up a bit to $157 from when I ordered it at $142). But regardless, considering its originally priced at $420, its definitely a steal. And once I ordered this set, I was very pleased with the super quick shipping: my package came a full week early than the beginning of the expected shipping period! I know this might not apply to everyone depending on location, but still!

The luggage set arrived in one large box, with each smaller piece placed inside the larger one. When I opened the box I initially thought that they were sending the pieces one by one, but then realized they were all inside each other. I ordered my set in blue (there are other color options on other websites if you just give the title of the set a quick google search, like green and pink) and I have to say the color is really fantastic. I was originally nervous about ordering the set in blue instead of brown, because I thought it would be a little too flashy for me, but thank god I didn't. It's just the right shade of blue and yes it is metallic in that it does have a sheen to it, but nothing too over-the-top. It's just a lovely, respectable shade of blue.

However, when the pieces arrived I was a little disappointed by the size of the suitcases. The first suitcase is a good size, and they all do expand, but the second suitcase is rather small and the third suitcase is tiny, basically the same size as an extra large backpack. While this might be ok for other travelers, I've never been one to travel light, so I do think I'll have to use additional luggage pieces when I do travel. Also, the fifth piece, the 'cosmetic satchel' is basically a purse. As a guy, its not something I would use, so instead I gave it to my mother as a belated Christmas gift instead. Of course, if any guy wanted to use the cosmetic satchel/purse, that'd be their decision. But still, in the picture of the set it didn't look like a purse to me, so I was annoyed that I had to give it away considering I paid for it in the set. I wish that would have been made more clear in the description or pictures.

These qualms aside, I would still have this set a 4-star rating. The quality of the material is very, very nice. Much better than my previous suitcases, which was your standard K-Mart/Walmart suitcases. From the color to the detailing to the overall construction, you can tell it was made with excellent craftsmanship. If it weren't for the smaller size of the pieces and the inclusion of the purse (at least for me), I would have definitely have given this set a 5-star rating. I'm even thinking about buying a second set for the extra suitcases, even if I have to give away another purse!
11 comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
From Burlington VT to Chicago to Colorado Springs and back!
Not only are they still looking new they are all packed in one and
easily stored till the next time! Affordable and easy to handle, perfect size for two adults.
Our work clothes consist of Carhart and work boots, we had plenty of room for casual
and work clothes as well as a few gifts for the grandchildren, This working class Granny
likes her new luggage!
on December 5, 2013
Very thin material. Large suitcase arrived damaged (wheels on bottom crooked/does not sit upright correctly). I was checking all zippers to make sure they worked and the purse bag ripped between the handle and zipper. VERY cheaply made, feels paper thin. Trying to return items now. I can't imagine how they would hold up in the airport. I did not use any extra force on purse and it easily ripped
on December 31, 2013
I bought this set less than a year ago. Alas, as of this writing, the largest piece's rivets popped out, the handle on the 21" simply snapped off one day when I extended it, and had to be abandoned in Argentina. The piping on the pieces that were checked came through luggage abraded to varying degrees. I bought the set in brown, and loved the way they looked. I am very disappointed in the way they wore and am already replacing them.
on January 15, 2013
Just purchased this luggage set for my honeymoon and future travels and the set is awesome! All very good quality and can fit a ton of stuff. Glad i chose this set instead of another i was debating on. I would recommend this set to anyone in need of a luggage set.
on September 24, 2012
This luggage was used for a trip across the country, and it was great! No rips or tears, and airlines aren't exactly delicate with your checked baggage. I would highly suggest this! I am very happy with this purchase!
on June 1, 2012
I bought this for my granddaughter graduating from high school I wanted something she would still like 10 years from now. Not too kiddy or juvenile. This really fit the bill. She loved it and I was pleased with the quality. There are a lot of pieces and the wheels and handles worked smoothly. For no more than this set cost I was really surprised at the quality Definitely recommend.
on February 1, 2013
I LOVE IT ! I have had it for over a year and have taken it on many trips even a cruise and no problem. Very sturdy!
on August 25, 2014
Quality of luggage is very poorly constructed. Doubt if 2 bags would ever be used.