4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement
Published on January 6, 2010 by Donald Zeller

2.0 out of 5 stars Take this damn thing back, I don't want it!
Published on June 22, 2010 by MUSIC MITCH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Take this damn thing back, I don't want it!, June 22, 2010
This review is from: Day Dreamer Premier 6000 (Kitchen)
This mattress is thin and light. The good news. It's easy to fold from a couch to a Futon. It's great as a sometimes guest bed. It's inexpensive. But it's not up to par. If you're using it to sleep on, it already slightly sags in the middle, lacking support - and this is when it's new. What happens as it ages? You must flip this mattress every week to try to keep it's shape if you are sleeping on it.

American Alliance the company that makes this in Corona Calif, is a secondary manufacturer of futon products. They are not up to par with major expert manufacturers of Futon products like Wolf, Goldbond, Otis, August Lotz, etc. These are the big boys.

Expect to have a cheaper mattress - but you get what you pay for. American Alliance is a relatively new comer to the this field - inexperienced.

The customer service people Like Lorena Gonzolez and Greg the service manager at this company have very little knowledge about their own products and very little desire to help you in time of need - like if you tell them, "like take this damn thing back - I don't want it." LOL. Many times don't bother to email you back and answer your questions, inquiries. They just iqnore you - great! Does the owner of this company know about any of this? Also the people in the factory are so lazy they can't walk over to a mattress and read what's on one mattress tag. (I wanted to confirm if what's actually in this mattress is what's actually advertised)

The mattress comes folded in half with the cords tied on very strongly so that you have to cut them and the heavy plastic to open it - not a good idea. Most distributors want you to repack in the original packing if you have to send it back.

The mattress has a chemical smell to it - even after airing it out for 3 hours. Two weeks later and in a very good cotton twill futon cover, it still has the smell. If you get this mattress, i suggest you put it in a room for two weeks with windows open so it can air out. In all fairness, this is not the only Futon mattress that comes with a smell - many do as reported on the web - but most of those are foam based. This has some foam.

The elite 8000 mattress is no better - fancy description but don't add up to what it is. The 8000 is the upgrade for this, looks the same but has extra features. Be aware, because I know of at least one person who ordered the 8000 and they shipped the 6000 - they look the same. And the mattress tags they put on these are all the same as to confuse you. He could tell by the weight it wasn't the 8000.

Again, it's a good inexpensive futon mattress to use occasionally - but that's it. Anything else and my advice is look somewhere else or you will be very very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, January 6, 2010
This review is from: Day Dreamer Premier 6000 (Kitchen)
Mattress is a good replacement for the original futon mattress for an Ikea full-sized futon that I acquired second-hand. It came well packaged, although some part of the tag had melted onto the fabric and took a while to peel off. Most importantly, I can no longer feel the bars when sitting on the futon as a couch. I've only had it one day, so I am unsure of the durability of this but it looks like it will last longer than the previous (a few years). Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, June 28, 2009
This review is from: American Furniture Alliance Day Dreamer Premier 6000 Full Futon Mattress, Black (Kitchen)
The mattress is a softer than a futon mattress, but not much thicker. It works well for my daughter, though, who has no back problems. We added two thick foam pads to the top, and it is very comfortable for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy, March 12, 2010
This review is from: Day Dreamer Premier 6000 (Kitchen)
The old futon mattress I had was wearing kind of thin, so I ordered this one in blue and I really like it. I put it on top of the old mattress for more thickness, and it is super soft. The shipping was amazingly fast. The new mattress had a factory smell to it, but after airing it out it's okay.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, March 25, 2013
I have been watching the price on this mattress since last summer. The price was $150, which I took as a fair price for what I thought it was. When I price was under $120, I could not pass this up. I figured it would be delivered on a LTL truck, but it arrived today via UPS Parcel and when I saw how he was carrying it, I could tell its not what I expected. My last Futon mattress I had bought at a furniture store 10 years ago was $175 and weight close to 100# plus. This one was enclosed in a bag is marked on the UPS label at 32#.

This is the first Amazon purchase that I was disappointed in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible smell, February 3, 2011
I'm not happy with this purchase at all. While it's comfortable, it's not as firm as I was hoping for but I can live with it. What I can't live with is the smell. It has a horrible mildewy smell and after two weeks its still has not disappeared. The company suggested spraying with lemon water or Febreze. Tried it and it still smells. I might have to return this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible futon pad!, January 4, 2011
I bought this pad for my futon and it is really thin and uncomfortable. It had a chemical smell when it arrived. The picture in the advertisement is misleading, the pad is just stuffed with cotton. It doesn't come with a cover. I have seen much cheaper pads that were a better quality. I am very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, December 6, 2013
Not much better than the crappy futon mattress I had to begin with... It makes holes, and turns into a lumpy crater of a "bed"

2.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable and thin, March 19, 2012
The item came packaged very nicely and was recieved when I was expecting it, however, it is extremely uncomfortable and thin. I bought it for the bottom of the bunk bed I just bought for my kids and my son, who is only just shy of 2, will not even sit on the bed. I was planning on sleeping in it with him so he got used to it, bt i honestly dont think that i can, it will kill my back!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars futon mattress, October 6, 2010
mattress arrived on time, and i love it. it is thick enough so i can not feel the bars of the futon. i was alittle bit worried about that. it does not have a chemical smell as some other reviews said. i am very pleased and would recommend this mattress to anyone!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›