4.0 out of 5 stars Purpose:5 star, discretion: 1 star

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Safe
Published 13 months ago by Tierza O'Neil

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Purpose:5 star, discretion: 1 star, April 4, 2014
This review is from: American Furniture Classics 502 Gun Concealment Storage Bench (Misc.)
This bench looks nice, and serves the purpose perfectly. I did have an issue with the lock being loose, but tightening the nut fixed that problem quickly and easily. My biggest issue is that the bench comes in the manufacture's box, with big bold words "GUN CONCEALMENT BENCH" written on all four sides, plus a very large picture of it on the front. Your neighbors, as well as the delivery guy, will know for sure what you are getting and it's intended purpose, so if you were wanting a hidden/secret storage you are out of luck. Our delivery guy (FedEx) made sure to comment on the item. Lucky for us, we live out in the middle of nowhere, without any neighbors within a mile, and we know and trust our FedEx guy. If you are not as lucky as we are, you may end up being up at night wondering how long it will be before one of your neighbors breaks in and carries your bench (and all it's contents) right out your front door. Not sure what the manufacturer was thinking but marking the box so clearly, as it greatly defeats the purpose of this item, to hide it's contents so others don't know what you have stored inside!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost right on the money!, August 21, 2014
For the money this is a great buy. I had a hard time deciding to actually purchase this bench from the mixed reviews. It came on time and in great shape. It is well built for the price and the hinges and the lock have either been upgraded or they were properly installed. You do have to screw on the feet but it only took a couple of minutes. It holds my low-scoped rifles, shotguns and AR with plenty of length room to spare. It is not a safe but it is secure from my little one or guests. I am pleased with the purchase.

However, this is why I will give it 4 stars...
1) it is a bit darker than the pictures show... an espresso color almost black and not as red as it shows in the picture.
2) inches make all the difference in gun storage and just another inch (or two) in depth would allow much better storage for higher/larger deer scopes or AR's without removing the clips.
Overall I would recommend it to anyone who wants a low profile means for storing their investments.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is just what I needed, April 2, 2014
Ned B (Nashua, NH) - See all my reviews
I had need for something like this and this fits the bill perfectly. There are two issues with it, but neither are deal killers. First the lock is, to put it bluntly, worthless. However, this can be easily corrected with the installation of a stronger lock and a metal plate to secure the bolt.

The other issue were the legs. They were not attached and there are no pre-drilled holes for the screws. Since I don't need them, I set them aside.

Other then those two issues, I recommend this for purchase. Just do not expect it to be a secure system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gun Concealment Storage Bench, February 23, 2014
I really like this product, I needed a space in my office for a bench and to put my pistols, I have pistols, cases, ammo, etc. in it. I do not have any long guns stored in it, just pistols, but works great, looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concealed storage, December 5, 2013
najnad (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Looks great and no one would guess it holds my long guns! Only assembly required was the feet needed to be screwed on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Safe, January 1, 2014
I really like the concept of the gun concealment bench, but the execution was not well done. The bench looks nice, but it does not actually lock. I wasn't looking for a gun safe, so I didn't expect this to be 100% secure. I did want a functional lock, however. I am able to unlock the firearm compartment by twisting the keyhole with my fingers. I don't need a key to get to the firearms, I don't even need a pair of pliers. Again, I wasn't looking for a safe, but I was looking for something that would keep my young son away from my firearms. This is way too easy to get into the "secure" compartment, so it is going back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool product but came damaged, March 7, 2014
Great looking bench with security. If I saw this in someone's home I wouldn't think twice about it. Only reason I rated at 3 stars is because the product came damaged. The material on the outside was torn in two different places, not big but noticeable. Once I opened it I then noticed that the screws for one of the hinges were completely stripped. After removing the hinge it was super squeaky and did not move easily which caused the screws to be pulled from the base. I ended up oiling it and it seemed to fix that and then I had to reposition it to make sure it was securely fastened. In all in took about 20 min to fix but I was hoping for a better product out of the box.

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea poor product, January 22, 2015
L. Schultz "smokey" (champaign, illinois United States) - See all my reviews
The cheap price and free shipping lured me in....But...it arrived in 2 pieces. the lid had pulled off in shipping. mine was obviously a return. the lid screws were stripped out and there was either cat or dog hair all over the interior fabric! I bought 3 new hinges and repaired the lid and now it at least functions. The lock and key is a joke and is there only for keeping very small children out of the gun compartment. overall it serves its purpose but don't expect too much. I cannot recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and quite a bit of storage. Perfect for low security., January 4, 2015
Very nice. I use this to store a couple of long guns, holsters, and various other items that won't fit in my safe. This is not a safe. The lock can be defeated with a screwdriver. It is better than nothing especially if you have kids / teenagers in and out of the house. I would recommend storing guns unloaded / no magazines. If you want to store your guns loaded, I would say get a metal cabinet or a safe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will require some repair work!!, July 10, 2014
I know you pay for what you get, but this was not the best built item I have ever bought. Here are the good and bads of this transaction.

Good:
Was shipped out quickly
Hearty material on outside
Good concept
Plenty of room for my long guns, pistols, and ammo.

Bad:
The hinges were put together with small wood screws that fell out during shipping. The locking flap is a tad bit crooked and did not close correctly.

I gave 3 stars due to the fact that while I had to do some repair work on my own, it does serve it's purpose and looks very nice in our house. If you have some longer screws and a screw gun, it can be repaired to like new condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

American Furniture Classics 502 Gun Concealment Storage Bench
$249.99 $159.95
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.