Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 31, 2013
I bought this book for my parents. My dad recently suffered a heart attack and they wanted to reduce/eliminate the salt intake. This cookbook has delicious recipes that are easy and use ingredients that are already in your pantry!
on March 2, 2013
For those on the go AND wanting to eat more healthy. It is also great for those who don't really enjoy cooking!
on February 13, 2013
Make at least 2 meals per week using these recipes and so far everyone has been awesome. Cook on the weekend and reheat during the week - great for busy schedules
on January 21, 2013
I especially like the menu-planning ideas at the front of the book. A good starting point, as I plan out my week's menus.
Haven't has the book very long, but so far the recipes have been good and quick as advertised.
on April 1, 2013
Good for relearning how to cook with lower salt, lower fat and healthier vegetable and meat recipes. Would highly recommend it for anyone to start over learning how to cook healthy
on February 13, 2016
This is my new go-to cookbook for most night's dinners. I do add salt to the recipes (it's designed for a low-sodium diet, but none of us have to watch our sodium intake too closely), and the resulting recipes taste great. There's a really great variety of recipes, and although I've used it only for entrees so far, it has side dishes, appetizers, snacks, beverage, and desserts that also sound good. It am actually excited to try them (and I'm not someone who adores cooking).

In the few weeks I've had the cookbook, I've made Beef and Vegetable Soup, Chinese-Style Chicken, Coriander-Coated Chicken, Chicken and Rice, Plum Good Chicken, Quick Cassoulet, Chicken Jambalaya, and Summer Succotash. (I just realized I haven't tried any seafood recipes from this book yet, but there are several I want to try.) Most were super tasty; only the Plum Good Chicken was disappointing (a bit too sweet, and noodles were overcooked). The recipes use ingredients I hadn't thought to use before, like instant brown rice (so convenient), molasses, and fruit to sweeten a beef dish. I sometimes make double batches to share with my parents, and they have been impressed with how good the recipes are. I also have a picky eater, and she has liked most of the recipes.

At first I thought the lack of photos was a drawback, but now, I'm actually glad they aren't in there. The book doesn't waste space with them, so there's space for so many really good, healthy recipes. The book is small enough that I often take it with me to the grocery store and flip through it to stock up the fridge or freezer. The meal planning tips are helpful, and I now plan to add vegetarian and egg-based entrees to our dinner repertoire. This cookbook is more creative and has greater variety than most of my many cookbooks. I love it!
on April 29, 2013
We are always trying to eat "heart healthy" and this book is a help in that direction. My wife refers to this book often.
on March 14, 2016
Having a Heart Attack requires you to think and look outside the box..new diet means new recipes..this is why I bought this book..having to make heart healthy foods now makes me want to see what new ingredients can make my meals more appealing..thought this recipe book would help me make this happen.
on January 20, 2016
The recipes are delicious! Lots of flavor and healthy combination of foods. I got this for my dad, and he has been cooking every night with the recipes out of this book. It has changed the way we eat and it is amazing. The only thing I would have liked to see in this book was the calorie counts, serving size, fat/ saturated fat amounts etc. for each recipe.
on October 28, 2014
This cookbook really does have tasty, quick to prepare recipes. If you rely on pictures, this book does not have any. But for the everyday cook who basically just needs the recipes, I've discovered some delicious and healthy recipes.