Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 15, 2013
oddly enough this I think is the best and most practical of the American heritage dictionary collection. The book is more manageable, size and weight wise and more readable than other volumes by American Heritage which are supposedly more comprehensive. I have a feeling which I cannot demonstrate that the other American Heritage volumes are not nearly as comprehensive as they advertise themselves to be. The American Heritage Roget's thesaurus is a complete waste of money so is this supposed American Heritage "desk dictionary." Your choices are either this volume or the fall American Heritage dictionary. Readers in this review are not familiar with dictionaries should know that American Heritage leans very heavily toward more contemporary or newer words and slang. It is my considered opinion that it is very good to have another dictionary on hand besides any published by American Heritage.
on February 19, 2013
I bought this for my mom and she loves it. It helps her a lot with all of her English classes.
on April 14, 2011
The newly updated American Heritage® College Dictionary, Fourth
Edition, presents the very best that a college dictionary can offer.
It features all the qualities that have distinguished the American
Heritage® name for decades: a clear and accessible defining style,
expert usage advice, and more than 2,500 photographs and drawings
that enhance the definitions and invite browsing.
New to this updated release are recently prominent terms such as
blue state, edamame, and fattoush. The Periodic Table of the Elements
includes the newest element, roentgenium. Biographical entries are
fully up-to-date, and geographical entries reflect the latest geopolitical
changes.
And now for the first time, The American Heritage® College
on November 15, 2013
Review of Purchase Nov.15, 2013
As I wrote in previous comments about 2 days ago: Amazon service was very good. The Am.Heritage Coll.Dictionary 4th Ed. lay out is fine, but the print is a bit too light. My older (around 1986) copy's print was darker, easier to read. I kept the 4th ed. b/c it was sufficiently legible.
Sincerely, TM N
on September 28, 2009
I bought this dictionary for my sister, and
she loves it!
Thank GOD for helping me pick this dictionary
for her!!! She loves it so much, and
she has started reading it already!
It is packed with detail information
along with many pictures!

I hope this convinces you to buy it too!
Thanks for reading!
on February 3, 2014
I am very pleased with my "new" used book. It is in mint condition.
I like that it has no previous highlighting, writing or names in it.
And I know I can keep it for awhile and be able to pass it down.
on June 21, 2009
I purchased this book as a requirement for a college class my freshman year.
Years later, I continue to get a lot of use out of it.
It is my favorite dictionary.
I love the hardcover; it is elegant and classy.
on February 6, 2011
The book contains everything written in the synopsis. I enjoy using a good dictionary and this one fits the bill. It is extremely easy to use and read. I am waiting for this one in paperback.
on January 21, 2014
I bought this for my dad, who is a writer and poet, as a Christmas gift. He LOVES it! I had it shipped to him, so I haven't seen it, but he said it arrived well and in good condition.
on September 4, 2013
I purchased this item from DailyDeal and they didn't give me the passkey card to download the dictionary to the computer. Other than that the dictionary is in perfect condition.