Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 16, 1997
Read this book and you'll easily be able to pass any college history test. Its only about 200 pages long!!! Its the Cliff's Notes of history!!!!
on March 12, 2009
This handy little book helped highlight topics to help study for the CLEP American History II exam. I highly suggest that you pair this with a textbook to get more in depth. It is certainly not enough on it's own. Great way to stay to focus on appropriate topics which are part of the exam.
on July 6, 2011
I bought this book in addition to the REA CLEP History II Study Guide to help me study for the CLEP History of the United States from 1865 to present exam, which I took yesterday. This book was really helpful. It saved me from buying one of the history textbooks recommended in the CLEP History Study Guide. It helped me really get a feel for things, and I earned 70 out of max 80 on the test, with 50 needed to pass. I STRONGLY recommend making a list of presidents in order, and supplementing some of this reading with looking up more details in Wikipedia or another reference. This book is great, but the test asked for A LOT more details than what the book provides. I did, however, pass the test, which is all I was looking for.
on October 21, 2008
I bought this book along with "American History to 1877" for the AP History exam. There is not enough information to learn all about the history, but these books are great for reviewing. They cover briefly most of the historical events and figures, and are organized so you can find the information quickly.
on December 5, 2014
This is a quick synopsis of American history up to 1877. The chronological events are described in such a way, that would enable any person in learning about the American historical events in a concise manner. i would recommend this book to all history buffs.
on August 1, 2005
The only way this book helped was that it made me familiar with major things that happened within the specified timeframe. Other than that, I was lost on the CLEP.
on July 9, 2014
LOVE IT! Quick great delivery. Quality and very happy with product. I enjoy saving gas and ordering online. I work full time and time is limited.
on April 23, 2014
This book helped alot. Used this book more than the REA book. Not enough to get 71+ on the CLEP test by itself, will need other resources.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
necessary for the AP cources. Full of necessary, useful information to get thru the school year and prepare for the AP Test
on May 23, 2014
Son had test and didn't let me know he needed book until just b4. Saved by the book! Very Happy!