Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

American Idol Season 11

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 19, 2012 10:04:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 10:06:29 PM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
American Idol ratings drops 18% from last year opening night,the greatest plunge in franchise history for the first show...down 5 million,hard to believe,it is usually the biggest night of the year..21.6 million,down from 26..two years ago opening night had 29.1 million...two possible reasons,the judges are not new this year,so no big buzz going on there but i think some people are burn out from X-Factor and do not want to invest the time,that is the reason i am not watching..appears some others are not either..still a big show but not a good early sign..hep.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 7:13:08 AM PST
Deb says:
To me, it seems like a lot of the girls are all trying to sing in a certain way...like Joss Stone, or Carrie Underwood. I dunno....could just be me. Nobody really stands out.

Phillip Phillips from the first night (last audition)...I am not as taken with him as the judges, but I need to hear more.

I haven't seen the second show yet. Thank God for the weekend ! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 8:08:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 8:08:43 AM PST
icecube says:
guys , remember a new American Idol episode airs after Sunday night's football game at 10pm

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:47:12 AM PST
Deb says:
Thanks, Cube. Hopefully, I will be in full celebration mode by that time !! lol

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:49:16 AM PST
icecube says:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Steven-Tyler-to-sing-national-anthem-at-AFC-Championship-Game-Ravens-Patriots-012012

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:57:20 AM PST
Deb says:
I am hoping for a Harbaugh Bowl ....lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 10:14:14 AM PST
icecube says:
believe me Deb, i am rooting for that as well. as a Jet fan, i don't want the Giants or Pats to make it. Unfortunately ,i see a repeat of the 2008 super bowl

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 10:24:42 AM PST
Deb says:
I'm kinda skerred, too, but trying to stay positive. I keep pinching myself to be sure that we actually got this far.
We have had rain for the first time this winter, and Sunday promises to be wet, too. I was hoping for another beautiful day like last Saturday, but at least it isn't snow and ice...lol.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 1:11:10 PM PST
Gini says:
Ice and Deb ~
I'm really disappointed in AI .... it's as if they will just pass any ol' body on to Hollywood! I think Adam as ruined me....I want a voice!! Girls are beautiful and a couple of WOWs JLo will knock them off in no time! but if they think these kids are great.....Lord help us. The last kid? Got to see lots more. Gini

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 8:01:35 PM PST
sandy2696 says:
Well that should be interesting--I will be rooting for the Ravens and also for Steven Tyler to make it through the whole song.

BTW-did anyone see the "Tent Girl" and her audition. Evidently she has been arrested 6 times in the last 7 years. Maybe this could be a new start for her.
http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/articles/new-report-american-idol-season-11-contestant-amy-brumfield-tent-girl-has-a-criminal-past

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:19:22 PM PST
Gini says:
Well that's why happens when you live in a tent. No offense Weez! gini

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 9:53:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 10:48:44 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Gini,
It seems that getting a golden ticket on Idol is as easy as it used to be to get a mortgage, and we all know how that worked out. Many people can carry a tune (about 95% can) but there were lots of mediocre singers who were sent on. I didn't see ANYONE who had that special X-factor and I was getting kind of bored with seeing so many young, perky faces constantly smiling and singing boring songs. I'm now yearning for Astro and Chris Rene to keep me from falling asleep next week.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 9:57:30 PM PST
Fantastic says:
IMO, the girl that lives in a tent is this year's answer to Crystal Bowersox EXCEPT THAT Crystal has heart and soul and exceptional talent and even that didn't help Crystal sell records.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 10:41:30 PM PST
Gini says:
Fantastic ~
You are so right....it's a difficult business to get into....seems like AI just uses them and throws them out there to sink or swim. All of Kris's money and promotion didn't put him at the top of the chart.

Country is the hottest type of music right now! Look at Scotty! Thank goodness that Adam has the theater background.....althought that almost knocked him out of the running! He knew how to work a stage! It takes more than sitting on a bar stool and a guitar to become a star! LOL Lots of honky tonks and bars out there full of them. Many are just lucky to make a living. Well, last year turned out pretty good as far as all around talent so maybe there is hope! I'm so tired of the judges.
Gini :)

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 11:23:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 11:26:45 PM PST
Fantastic says:
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT:

This site has the Top 42 listed -

http://theidolpad.blogspot.com/p/ai11-contestant-listing.html

Providing American Idol spoilers for the Idolsphere and beyond

Quite a few of them (about 25%) had already made it to Hollywood Week in previous seasons of Idol.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 11:33:28 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Remember that Fox is giving AI an extra boost Sunday by airing a new episode at 10 p.m. after the NFC Championship game. This will be the THIRD audition show. Just a guess, but this might be an attempt to help the sagging ratings this year. AI is losing it's younger viewers more than the older ones.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 11:49:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 11:55:36 PM PST
Fantastic says:
This is one of the Hollywood Week contestants. She already has lots of fans because she was on America's Got Talent and has lots of YouTube videos posted:

Beyonce - Love On Top (Cover by Jessica Sanchez)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVpEM8bsP8

America's Got Talent - Jessica Sanchez (just turned 11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=WX3Myu5mDvs&NR=1

She's got a great voice and lots of personality. I read that she's had several sit downs with record companies but wasn't signed. I can already see her as a top 10 finalist and the fans who are already following her on YouTube will vote for her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 12:06:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2012 12:11:07 AM PST
icecube says:
i said that earlier. they had this show scheduled on Sunday before they even knew what the ratings we're. guys , i know the show started a bit slow but let's give it a chance huh. these are just auditions. when we get to the final 24 ' i'm sure we'll have our favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 12:10:44 AM PST
icecube says:
i like her. she must have been on AGT a while back....she was a little kid. and Brandy was on the panel. must've been the 1st year for agt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 1:10:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2012 1:12:39 AM PST
Fantastic says:
Cube,
She was on AGT the first year they had the show and she had her 11th birthday the day before they taped the show. She was pretty remarkable as a kid, but WOW she sure can sing now!!! She's an interesting combination of Philippino and Mexican with a sort of R and B sound to her voice.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 8:43:46 AM PST
... It's interesting reading about AI but I've tried and just can't watch. I'm a total burn out . I can't stand the thought of the three judges.
... Ice may be right...final 24 kids might be good to watch. Thanks for the run down.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 8:52:21 AM PST
carolb57 says:
Just watched the Jessica Sanchez video. She has lots of natural talent--great voice. I didn't see her auditioning because I haven't been watching closely.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 7:04:32 PM PST
ForeverCliff says:
Isn't Idol on tonight? Better not be during Pan Am.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 8:02:52 PM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Cliff..comes on right after the game...hep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 1:08:16 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Carol,
Not all of the auditions of people who make it to Hollywood week are shown. In fact, Kris Allen's audition was never shown on TV. However, Jessica's audition may be shown on a later audition show.

I missed the show on Sunday because my granddaughter was quite ill and was back in the hospital again. I was in the emergency room with her for 11 hours (9 AM until 8 PM) while she was given IV medication and had tests taken and then waiting at the hospital that she was transferred to for five hours (8:30 PM to 1:15 AM) before they admitted her and took her to her room. They were waiting for the admitting doctor (only ONE doctor there) to see her. Since I had been up all night the night before, I was just about ready to die by the time I got home at 2:00 AM. I've never had a hangover, but I feel so sick today that I imagine this might be what it feels like. ARGGGHHH!!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  3105
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (875)