5.0 out of 5 stars they will learn how to write!, February 1, 2009
This review is from: American Literature: Encouraging Thoughtful Christians To Be World Changers; Senior High Level (Paperback)
This is the same review that I wrote for the teacher edition of this book:

Two of my kids (9th and 10th grade) are using For Such A Time As This for a study of American Literature. We also pay for Dr. Stobaugh to review the essays that they write (analyzing what they've read) each week.They both love the program and have come so far in their few months working with Dr. Stobaugh.

Dr. Stobaugh is both an SAT coach and an SAT essay grader. His evaluation of my kids' essays has been one of the most valuable pieces of their education. There is no way I could have helped them so much with their writing. They email their essays to him, and he sends them back, always very quickly, marked with very helpful commentary and suggestions for change.

I can't say enough about how much my kids have improved their writing while studying under Dr. Stobaugh. My son (10th grade) got an 800 on the writing section of the PSAT that he took!

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Moola!, September 26, 2010
Great book! But, it costs too much! The exercises at the end of each chapter are a bit complicated and hard to relate to the content of the chapter. Who could, or better who does justify the cost?

Used & New from: $0.01