Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2007
It took some work to put together, but worth the effort. If worried about assembly, go to the American Plastic Toys Inc. website and preview the assembly instructions.
on January 11, 2007
First of all, the only reason I give the Doll Center a 3 star review is because my daughter loves it. Upon opening the box you are greeted by a jumbled mess of plastic. Not too bad, except every piece is stuck to the plastic tree mold from hell. Is there any way to break the parts off this tree without leaving the little nub that somehow manages to scratch you every time? Besides the one-gazillion parts, do you think the plastic pieces could be of a little better quality? Maybe the instructions could be a little more...user friendly, for us Dads that are plastic toy assembly challenged. Bottom line, your child will enjoy this but, parents, be ready to be frustrated.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2007
While it's a considerable effort, this toy is worth it. Very good value if you can handle extensive assembly. Directions are quite good, just lots of pieces. As the other reviews mention, the pieces are still attached to the plastic molds. To get a high quality assembly CUT them apart with a sharp knife. This will eliminate the sharp nubs and results in better fits.

Good compact design with lots of activities packed into one toy.
on March 12, 2014
After reading many reviews that complained about how hard this thing was to construct I expected the worst or the worst. But honestly it was totally fine. It took me and husband about an hour and a half (from taking it out of the box to finishing) to complete whilst watching Top Gear in front of the TV. (This did slow us down a bit) We did however come prepared (because I read previous review, I thank you reviewers) with an electric screwdriver (definatley needed), sharp snipers and a knife to cut away nubs & smooth off any sharp bits. Had I not read the reviews this item would have annoyed the hell out of me as I would not have expected to have to snip away each section from it's mold tree. This however will be one of the reasons this set is so cheap. I ended up using a pair of sharp household scissors as the plastic isn't thick. You will need a sharp blade of a metal file to get rid of the nub left when you cut the bits off their trees. There is a lot of screws as it seems almost each piece is screwed to another. This is partially compensating for the thin plastic and creating stability & rigidity. Overall I am very pleased with this item. My daughter will absolutely love it! The swinging crib and the remote that makes three different noises depending on where you place it will be the biggest attraction. Yes bits of it feel kinda flimsy, ie. the cupboard doors but it doesn't feel like it will topple over or fall to bits in a week or two. The size is perfect for my 3 year old, small but not tiny. As long as you're not expecting Step 2 or alike quality this is a great play set that will inspire many hours of imaginative play. Do note that as another reviewer pointed out the colors on the picture are not a true representation of what you get. There is no lovely pale blue ;( The unit is all pink, lavender & white.
on February 3, 2010
This toy came in so many pieces. It took my husband at least an hour to put it together. It was hard to screw some of the parts as they are plastic and bendable. My kids have not played with it much. I paid about $47.00 for this and saw it at Big Lots later for $20!
on February 17, 2010
I hated the assembly; many of parts didn't fit correctly (more than usual for this type of toy). But the price was fair and my daughter is getting lots of enjoyment out of it.
on January 30, 2010
I purchased this product for my 2 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Upon opening the box, was a bit surprised at all the pieces to assemble. My patient son-in-law tackled the job. Unfortunately, a piece that goes on the bottom was missing. No problem. I phoned the company I purchased it from and they sent the missing piece within a week. When my granddaughter saw her gift she was very excited. The toy is very educational and interactive. It was a joy to watch her having so much fun with her doll. I would highly recommend this toy for any little girl wanting to "play mommie". I give it 5 stars!!!
on July 5, 2013
This product is made of cheap plastic that makes assembly difficult. When the parts snap into place, bits and pieces easily snap off and render it useless. This product probably lasted less than a year before it totally collapsed after very casual play. It's cute but not something that will last very long.
on January 9, 2007
Took 2 hours to assemble. Pieces are molded to each other and have to be pulled apart (creating sharp edges) and then assembled. Very short for my 5 year old who loves dolls. Cute monitor. She likes the cupboards and the pretend sink. The cradle is very small and only fits small dolls. A disappointment.
on August 21, 2013
I ordered this mostly because of the reviews. Even though everyone said it took a long time to put together, they all loved it. Many said the company had great customer service. I ordered this and was to have it sent to my son's house in another state with 24 hours left to put it together before my granddaughters birthday. I did forget to change the address for delivery and sent an email which was answered promptly (good customer service at that point) and changed. Out of the blue, about 2 days before my granddaughter's birthday I got an email telling me my refund was taken care of. One problem - I hadn't cancelled my order. I emailed Amazon and they looked into it. They said the company had processed a refund. I emailed them and they asked for specifics on the order even though the email was attached to my order history so it was all there. I asked if there was anywhere I could buy this but they never answered me back. Luckily I found something similar at Toys R Us and required minutes, rather than hours, to put together. I'm sure this was a fluke but I won't take a second chance personally.