Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: American Plastic Toy My Very Own Vanity
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 9, 2009
I bought this vanity for my 2 year old grand-daughter's birthday. She just loves it. She likes to sit and premp in the mirrow. It's just the right size for her, and takes up very little space in her room. The plastic curling iron, hair dryer, and cell phone were OK, but the smaller plastic items came in a sheet for you to snap, or cut out. This would cause bumps on the plastic which could scratch the child. Her mother decided to go and buy the small products that were already put together. All in all, she is really enjoying her vanity.
on August 2, 2010
Save your money. This think is junk. The edges of the plastic are sharp, it is flimsy, and whomever photographed the product must have done some major color correction. It is so horribly bright pink. I returned it and paid about $20 more and got a nice on at Toys R Us for my daughter that has fully rounded legs, (no sharp edges) and it is a nicer and more subtle shade of pink. Much better built, too. Skip this one.
on July 9, 2015
So I just received the vanity and I am in love with it (well my daughter is but me too haha) it is very sturdy and it was very easy to put together I had recently bought a vanity for me and my daughter would use it for her 😏 so I started to search for vanitys and I came across this one so I bought it Tuesday and it arrived here Thursday (super fast shipping.!!!) as soon is it for here I put it together (took me about 30 min) and when my daughter woke up she saw it omg she was soooo happy she has been playing with it for hours now (btw she is two so it's perfect for her height)
review image review image
on January 18, 2010
its a very nice play toy for kids but it is too small! It is approximately for kids 2-3yr old.
on July 21, 2011
I ordered this for a friends little girl who is turning 2 years old on Sunday and I'm very happy I did. After looking around on amazon and doing various Google searches I finally settled on this item as it not only suited the needs of the gift I was looking to purchase but the price simply couldn't be beat either.

Now some assembly is required on this but it shouldn't take more then a few minutes to complete and I'm sure your child could even help you out on it, just snap the pieces together and your done. The pieces for this come in sheets (like the type used for model cars or airplanes, only on a larger scale) and getting the pieces out is not hard to do and again, it shouldn't take very long to do this. Other reviewers have stated that there were sharp edges on the sides of some of the pieces, but this is due to the fact that they spun the pieces around and then pulled them apart off the frame in order to get them all separated and by doing that it left parts of the plastic frame intact when they pulled the pieces out of it.

The easiest and fastest way I found to prevent sharp edges AND to get the parts out of the frame is to cut them out as close to the parts as possible using either a pair of wire cutters or a razor blade/box cutter. This produces clean, edge free pieces and by doing it this way you will also save yourself a lot of extra time and effort.

This vanity seems very sturdy once put together properly and several other reviewers have complained about the colors being too bright but this is for a 2-3 year old child! The brighter the better I say. This vanity is small and again, it is meant for 2-3 year old children, so please don't expect it to fit a 4 or 5 year old as some reviewers have complained about already.

Overall, if the person putting this together uses some basic common sense and the child using it is not far older then the intended age for this vanity then I feel it would make a great gift or toy for "pretend time" and like I said before, the price can't be beat, especially for a quickly growing child.
on February 17, 2015
Very cheap looking, but great for little girls. Comes with the bench, vanity, and several small accessories. Some of the edges are a little sharp, and might need to be sanded down. The drawer (at least on ours) sticks a little. It's very small, and would probably be best for ages 3 and under. The mirror isn't an actual mirror, but more like mirror sheeting on cardboard, so the reflection looks pretty cloudy. Cheap, but I can't complain, for the price, and all that is included.
on September 16, 2015
It is cute and my two year old loves it. But I am definitely getting new accessories, the ones it comes with are as expected for the price... Very cheap. The parts were all attatched to plastic pieces you need to cut off in order to assemble.. So it is very tedious, but not too complicated. The shipping information was super glitchy and iffy too. The main thing is that my daughter loves it, and that's all I really care about.
on December 26, 2013
There's really nothing to the vanity at all. You are getting what you pay for would be my only warning. Both the seat and vanity are very easy to knock over and the drawer is not the best. Also, the accessories are dollar store level so I would buy a set somewhere else. I bought this as a gift, for a 2.5yr old, and ended up getting her the Disney Princess Beauty Tote to use as a replacement for all the accessories. And just a note on the size... This little girl is average size and it was a little small for her. I don't think she'll get more than a year or so out of it. Again - you get what you pay for!!!
on January 7, 2014
If I thought my 2 year-old was going to use this for years I would've bought a wood version, but this is good for the time-being. It isn't totally sturdy and was kind of difficult to put together (you'll need to sand down some sharp edges as a result of most of the pieces being from plastic molds that you then have to pop out). The drawer isn't smooth enough for her to open and requires my help. It's plastic though and the price was right. I won't feel bad when it's time to get rid of it.
on January 30, 2014
The price sucked me in, and it was even better than I expected. There was a lot of set up required so make sure you have a screwdriver and some pliers handy. My two year old loves this, and my four year old tries to use it as well. It's pretty small so keep that in mind when picking for an older child.