5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK AND ANNIE RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!, September 25, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: American Revolution: A Nonfiction Companion to Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House Research Guide Series) (Paperback)
I'm a 12-year-old girl, and this Magic Tree House Research Guide rules! I love learning about the Revolutionary War and history, so Jack and Annie are the best kids ever! In this guide, you can answer questions like...

"What IS the Decloration of Independence?" "Who WAS George Washington and all those other American Heroes?" "What WAS the Boston Tea-Party?" "Who DID rule over the 13 Colonies in the mid/late 1700's?" "What DID the first flag look like?" "What WAS it like to live durning the Coloinal times?" "What WAS the Battle at Valley Forge?" "How DID we win the War?"

All these questions answered and MANY, MANY MORE to BE answered in this book: Magic Tree House Research Guide: American Revolution (a Non-Fiction Companion to "Revolutionary War on Wednesday")

***Remember to check out the OTHER Research Guides and the Magic Tree House missions, too! And the newest ones: The Merlin Missions, where Jack and Annie go to the time of Camelot and King Arthur! They're all SO(...) super! You keep writing, Mary Pope Osborne, and I'll keep READING!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Aid to Students with Developmental Disabilities in Inclusion Middle School, January 15, 2007
This book has been a significant tool in adapting the seventh grade Social Studies curriculum (American History) for my two inclusion students with autism who read on a second to third grade reading level. The text is interesting and gets to the basic causes and results of the American Revolution. The illustrations help to provide some concrete visual aids. I also had these students read Revolution on Wednesday for their independent reading in English to further familiarize them with the story of the Revolution and the terminology involved. As a result, my students now have a rudimentary understanding of the American Revolution.

I look for more of these wonderful research guides. We will be using the Civil War books when we get to that part of the curriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series, November 26, 2012
I have a three and five year old girls and this is the best series going. It is appropriate for the Kindergardener and we have read every single book. Each book in the series is give or take 100 pages but it is a quick and easy read. In reading the books your kids not only get a great story but also pick up on a little history which can lead to some great discussions. I actually read the books with my ipad close by so I can google pictures of the things/places that Jack and Annie (the brother and sister in the books) visit or see. I would recommend these books for every parent/child. When I am done I will be donating the entire set to the local library. Regarding pricing, if your intent is to read the entire series look for don't buy the four book package or single books. There are set of 1-28 and I think there is a set that is everything published 1-48. As with most things, if you buy the whole set you save siginificant money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Jeanette E. Gerlach (School Library Media Specialist, Goshen, NY) - See all my reviews
Great information for non-fiction research is contained within this Magic Tree House.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great way for my fourth graders to learn about the ..., July 1, 2014
This was a great way for my fourth graders to learn about the American Revolution. The reading level was a little lower, but this allowed my lower readers to stay engaged and allowed for research extensions.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, December 25, 2013
This is a great resource for my students as they learn about America and its history. This is fun and easy to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good intro for kids, August 14, 2013
This is a good intro book for kids, to learn about living in colonial times. My son has read it twice so far. He actually enjoys this fact tracker more than the book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful collection, August 5, 2013
My son is 8 years old and I can't get him to read anything. No book will keep his interest at all, until we stumbled upon Magie Tree House - Research Guide. Now I am thrilled that he will lay on his bed and read a few chapters at a time

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic tree house, January 22, 2013
Awesome book! Very factual and put into very nice words! The cover looks awesome! I can't wait to see more magic tree house books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Attention Getter, May 29, 2011
This is one of many books in the series and my daughter absolutely loves these books. As soon as she got it she couldn't put it down until she finished the book.

Rate and Discover Movies