Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 23, 2011
Very easy to use and runs on batteries which is nice. A lot of smoke generators need to be plugged in. This one won't create as much smoke as those but it does pretty good. You will need 6 AA batteries and they last a while. You simply fill up the little reservoir with the liquid that is included. Then you partially depress the button so it can heat up, then fully press the button and your smoke starts flowing. One thing about this is that it operates vertically as shown. you can't lay it down sideways and generate smoke with it. Good value for the money and it works.
I have added a picture of a project I made with this smoke generator. It is a tree.
review image
on April 29, 2010
I've purchased several of these. They are very delicate and dropping them can crack the delicate glass tube the smoke is excreted out of. It can seem like it's not making much smoke and if that's the case you didn't let it "warm" up enough before you squeezed. The button on the trigger turns on the heater, the squeezing of the trigger pushes the fog juice through the heating element, the hotter the element the more smoke you get. As you squeeze the fog juice cools off the heating element and requires recharging time. Use good batteries otherwise it will drain in about an hour of use. Good batteries last 2 or more hours of constant playing. very hard to hack up but possible to make it smaller if your delicate with a dremel tool or something.
on August 23, 2011
At best I can only rate the Wizard Stick as OK. Mainly because it's very difficult to get consistent smoke from it and the more times you use it in a single session the less smoke it seems to put out.

The Wizard Stick arrives in a clear baggie with zero retail packaging which is probably why I could not locate it at any retail store.

Construction of the Wizard Stick is at least 90% plastic that feels like it would shatter if dropped so I wouldn't expect it too last long if used by children.

On the plus side you do recieve a quite large bottle of the smoke fluid so there is no need to purchase additional smoke fluid, at least not right away. The Wizard Sticks price of $19.95 is fair but this definently is not something that will last for years.
on May 16, 2013
I use this for recognizing air pattern flows and leaks. It works pretty well and good smoke generation. But can be a bit sloppy as the condensate always seems to be leaking out the emptying areas along the exhaust. Carry a towel with you. Also a bit heavy in battery use. For periodic use it probably earns a 4. But for daily use closer to a 3
on October 30, 2015
Description says 10" on a 4" base. A lot of jokes coming to mind about this being the smallest 10" I've ever seen, but I am too annoyed to be funny right now as I've spent 2 days preparing for Halloween only to realize that my fog stick showed up weak and WITHOUT THE 3OZ OF FOG JUICE that was promised for hours of fun. But I'm a problem solver...Tried to have fog juice over-nighted through Amazon AT MY EXPENSE. Delivery date Nov 2. Eye roll. I live in San Francisco, no car, so now I'll be taking an Uber to get 3oz of fog juice. Seriously irritating. By the way, I measured the wizard stick -- it's 7.75 inches exactly. Not 10". Which would be perfectly adequate if it was locked and loaded, ready to go. But it's not. Also worth mentioning, it arrived with no instructions, nothing, and the screw you have to open to put the batteries in requires one of those teeny tiny eyeglasses screwdrivers (UGH) c'mon! who has one of those?! Plus, its wet and dirty. I know that sounds like a set up for more jokes, but it's not. This thing is literally wet inside. Like it's been used. And returned. And reshipped without all of its parts. By someone who had trouble converting metric to imperial. I'm pretty far from having hours of fun. More like an hour of "are you @#$%$ kidding me?!" And "this $23 fog wizard is going to end up costing me $60 in Uber and time, I should've just bought the professional grade DJ one and sat back and enjoyed professional levels of menacing fog for $35. ARRRGHGH. If this thing somehow ends up kicking ass, I will update my review.
review image review image
on March 12, 2010
I purchased this toy because I needed some "smoke" for use in science demonstrations. It arrived today, and I've been having fun making smoke in my house. It does NOT set off my smoke alarm, and produces quite a bit of smoke for its size. Certainly not like a fog machine, or even close, but you can hold it with one hand. I like that it sits upright on a table. When you pull the trigger partially, a blue LED lights up, and the heating element because to heat up. After a few seconds, a stronger pull on the trigger pushes against a medicine dropper, which forces the fluid onto the heating element, which causes it to vaporize and be ejected out the top of the unit. With no air currents, the smoke will slowly dissipate over the course of 30 seconds to a minute. You can get a few dozen pulls before the fluid in the tank is used up, and the included refill bottle looks like it will refill the unit about 75 times. The smoke does not leave a residue, although it you get the non-toxic fluid on your hands, it is sticky.
on April 6, 2013
I used the Wizard stick for my blower door test. It works a lot better then anything else I could find in this price range.
on November 28, 2011
This is a great tool for K9 NoseWork. It is great for showing how scent dissipates. Just point, where the treat would be,and watch where the smoke goes.
Read and follow the directions carefully, it is easy to burn out the heating element.
on March 3, 2014
I wanted a smoke source to check for draft sources in a rental house we are working on. There are many smoke generators but others cost more. This works well especially after I made a paper funnel for the top to reduce the output hole for more control. The smoke as a slight burned paper smell (not the funnel I made) but it is not strong and goes away fast. Yes it is a toy but perfect for my needs.
on August 11, 2014
Works great for nosework seeing how "odor" can move (no the "smoke" is not smelly). Just don't want to use it where someone may think you are starting a fire!
It also works great in my photo studio for small special effects.