4.0 out of 5 stars charming romance

3.0 out of 5 stars American Smile
Published 4 months ago by Betty J. Clay

4.0 out of 5 stars charming romance, October 1, 2011
This review is from: American Smile (Kindle Edition)
This is a sweet and charming story. I loved the two romances going on. One in modern day and one during WWII. Cody has a way with words that wrap around you like a warm blanket. I enjoyed the plot and the story flowed flawlessly. American smile may cause a few tears as it pulls at your heart. But, it does have a happy ending! This does contain reference to sex and one scene that was not that detailed. If you do not care for that you can skip it easily. I would recommend it and I cant wait to get my hands on another Cody Young read. I hope you like it as much as I did.

This was an arc copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A charming page-turner!, June 17, 2011
This review is from: American Smile (Kindle Edition)
This is a beautifully written novel. Right from the start, I was charmed by the characters and intrigued to find out the mystery involving the Second World War. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars American Smile by Cody Young, July 31, 2011
This review is from: American Smile (Paperback)
"American Smile" by Cody Young

This is a sweet story about a young girl named Emma who happens to meet an American Soldier, Tyler, (with an American smile), who is temporarily stationed in Britain, who was out on liberty while he is waiting for his next orders.
Emma has lived in Britain her whole life. Her Grandmother happened to become ill and was muttering about burning letters. She unexpectedly passes away. Burning letters? What letters? What could she be talking about? Is her Grandmother hiding something? The family finds out. ALL these years . . . ?
This puts Emma into a search for information on her family heritage.
All the while Emma does this, Tyler is right beside her, helping her, encouraging her, going through all the ups and downs with her. Emma couldn't have wished for any more support than what Tyler has given her. All the while, though, in the back of her mind, she knows he will have to ship out again to his next destination. One thing Emma did not plan on was falling in love with Tyler. He is American, she is British. How could this relationship work? Is she temporary, like his stop here in her country is? They live in separate countries. Could this relationship work in reality?
This book is full of surprises. Surprises you could not imagine without reading this book. How does all of this work out? Does Tyler stay with her, or does he leave this `temporary stop', and Emma, as well.
This book was a very enjoyable read. The plot of this story was very well thought out, so the writing was very good. As this love story takes place, you can't help but to be brought into it and fall in love yourself. You feel what Emma feels, from her first date with Tyler, subsequent dates, and all through her relationship with him as it develops. You can't help but to feel the excitement she feels for him as she falls in love with him. All their dates, the help he gives her with her family, and more.
To miss this book is to miss one of the best love stories of all, in my opinion. I felt an attachment to this story, and each time I come across it on my Kindle as I am looking for the current book I am reading, I see this book and can't help but to smile. This is a very enjoyable read. I believe we will see more works in the future by this new author.
I was given this book by the author, Cody Young, for "FREE", in exchange to read the book and write a review about it. It is NOT required for my review I write to be either positive or negative, but, "of my own opinion." I was NOT provided with "ANY" monies to accept this book, "NOR" to read it, NOR were "ANY" monies given to me to write the review for this book. ALL that was `expected' of me was to enjoy the pure pleasure of reading it. Again, the opinions expressed for and about this book are `of my own opinion'. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, [...] Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

3.0 out of 5 stars American Smile, June 13, 2014
This review is from: American Smile (Kindle Edition)
This story takes place in England, with servicemen from America taking part. I am a genealogist, and I read it because it was listed under 'genealogy'. It includes a genealogical search, and the characters are remarkably successful in their efforts, especially so since their methods are not always those recommended by genealogists of today. The story jumps from the present to scenes from WWII, 1944, and activities that occurred in connection with D-Day. Those jumps are well handled. The story is plausible and interesting. The writing is quite acceptable, though this will probably not be a classic that is read in 200 years...nor was it intended to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars History told through romance!, April 11, 2012
American Smile by Cody Young
Emma Rowland goes to a dance with her friend, Helen. While there she meets a shy young man, Tyler Robinson from Idaho. Tyler is in the Air Force and a mechanic...not a pilot and has been stationed here in England. Their lives become entwined more and more when Emma's grandmother dies and leaves a mystery behind. There was something Tyler recognized in Emma from the get go and it could help solve the mystery of the past.

Is their relationship just like most...American soldier far away from home seeks the comfort of a beautiful English gal? Or could it be more? Enjoy the adventure and heart break these two young people find on their journey to discovering the past and the future.

Cody's unique writing brings history alive in a new way. The reality of her writing will want you to have tissues handy but no fear because the humor is there as well. My favorite was when the American soldiers were staying in an English church overnight, one of the church women asked a soldier closest to the door, "What time should I knock you up, dearie?" A statement any Englishman would have understood but totally different meaning for the Americans!
[...]