4.0 out of 5 stars Saves a little too much water
Published on November 18, 2010 by donethat

3.0 out of 5 stars Going down??
After using this toilet for one week,we found it to be STOPPABLE, had to have our plumber come over to unstop it. Goes to show that any gravity fed toilet is not the best.
Published on February 17, 2011 by Stan-the-man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves a little too much water, November 18, 2010
This review is from: American Standard 2386.010.020 Cadet-3 Right Height Elongated Two-Piece Toilet with 10-Inch Rough-In, White (Tools & Home Improvement)
We needed the10 inch offset from the wall. This toilet does that job nicely. The preset water level was a bit low. The water in the bowl barely filled the small bottom portion of the bowl. Any solids that touched the bowl above that level left residue after the flush. We adjusted the tank level to the max. That allowed more water in the bowl as the tank filled. That has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars ToToally Satisfied, December 2, 2010
Roosterman (Northern Alabama, USA) - See all my reviews
Not having many choices for a 10 inch rough-in, we chose the American Standard. Our original toilet had about a 9 and 1/2 inch rough-in and was snug against the wall. I had to redo the plumbing because the minimum for this toilet is 10". It is an excellent product and amazes me with the flushing power. Have never had to flush this thing twice. I have a conundrum, we have a toilet upstairs that has the same short rough-in and am considering the value of replacing the old one with this toilet. I would not hesitate to buy this one again. It was packed securely on a pallet with no damage or even a ding in the box. Amazon beat our local brick and mortar stores by $30 on this toilet.
Had considered a ToTo but am glad I saved the money and got this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, April 9, 2012
I am very pleased with the American Standard Cadet 3. This toilet does not work like the older model toilets. When our older model toilets are flushed, the water in the bowls swirls around and eventually goes down the drain. This toilet is different. When it flushes, it is like a vacuum that opens and "grabs" all of the waste and toilet paper and pulls them both into the drain. It takes only a couple of seconds and the bowl is emptied! The bowls refills so quickly that I am not sure if the clean water comes from under the rim or from below, near the drain.

The toilet was easy to installed. My husband did it himself. Just make sure you read the directions.

In the past we have had trouble with toilets that use less than 4 gallons of water per flush leaving waste behind. The problem was so bad that we had to stop trying to flush toilet paper with waste. Often we would have to pour a bucket of water into the bowl to get all of the waste to go down. I do not know how this toilet flushes so well using only 1.6 gallon of water per flush, but it does! No "floaters" and no "rocks" left behind!

There really isn't anything negative about this toilet. If I was pushed to find something that I would improve upon, I would suggest that the rim height be increased from 16.5 to 18 inches or higher for those of us who have serious knee issues. I highly recommend the American Standard Cadet 3 if you need a higher sitting toilet that can handle pretty much anything you put in it.

January 2013
Well, we have had this toilet for eight months. I still like it, but it doesn't always get all of the solid waste. It still works better than our other toilets, but it does sometimes "clog up." I also would prefer that it be 2 inches taller to make it easier for me to get up and down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Height, September 5, 2011
Reviewing toilets is not a exactly a pleasant topic but we all have to use them. I hope this review helps others who are remodeling a small bathroom or who just need to replace an older toilet with one that is energy efficient.

We had a hard time finding a toilet with the 10-inch rough in that also had the higher comfortable seat height. We checked American Standard & Kohler's web sites so we knew they were in existence....They just weren't carried at our big box hardware or local plumbing stores. They had to be special ordered at a higher cost. :-(

Older homes (pre-70s or 60s) had toilets with the 10-inch rough in but newer ones have a standard 12-inch rough in. Ideally, you need to replace your toilet with the same rough-in as the old one unless your plumber or contractor can make a costly adjustment. We needed a toilet that would fit in a tight space. Luckily for us, Amazon had just the American Standard model we were looking for at the best price. This is an eco-friendly 1.6 gal. per flush toilet so it makes me feel better that we are saving water in drought-ridden Southern California. Another feature that we appreciate is that it has a fast, quiet flush sound. Our old toilet took longer to flush and made a very noisy announcement to the entire household. I'm sure it was embarrassing for guests to use our bathroom before we remodeled it.

Even though this toilet seat is elongated (as opposed to round) it is about 1-1/2 inches shorter in length from the back of the wall to the end of the seat than the standard elongated toilets. By installing this toilet with it's smaller footprint, plus a smaller custom made vanity, we gave our small bathroom a much more spacious area than it had before.

I recommend that you research Kohler and American Standard's website to compare various models, sizes and features to see what meets your family's needs. Then price around online and at your local stores. We are happy with our choice and highly recommend this model for bathrooms with limited space and for those who want a higher, more comfortable seat height. Good luck with your search.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded our expectations, August 3, 2011
We had to replace our 12" rough in toilet with a 10" and after much research decided on the American Standard Flowise Right Height model. It it good looking, fits well and performs perfectly. I was concerned that the flush would not be sufficient, but it does a thorough job even with the 1.28 gal flush!

3.0 out of 5 stars Going down??, February 17, 2011
Stan-the-man (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars American Standard Cadet 3, February 4, 2012
I got this toilet to replace an old toilet made by Crane. What an improvement! The Cadet 3 refills in no time at all and is also very quiet. The Everclean surface coating is another added benefit, but will see if it holds true. Overall, I am impressed with the prformance and quality. My only negative is when flushing. I have to hold the handle in the down position for about 1 second in order for the flush to complete. With my older toilet, when you pressed the handle the flush was complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars American Standard Stool, June 6, 2011
After knee surgery I needed a stool that was taller. This item met the criteria as it was a 10 inch rough-in (space between base and wall). Normal is 12 inch. The unit came from supplier in three days. Very happy with uniit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tall, April 27, 2014
It does flush every time and doesn't smell after a few days (like our last toilet from a bad rinsing design). However, it is too tall, people complain their legs fall asleep even in a short amount of time! Easy to clean. I use about a teaspoon of Ajax once/week in the bowl and it comes white again. We have a lot of minerals in the water in our area so it looks gray within a week. I just use dish soap to wash the rest of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars toilet sure better than 30 year old one, December 26, 2013
this is so far better than the one there was installed so many years ago and it is doing a good job to flush some at times we all need some think like that so i know a 10" inc rought in will fit but a 12" inc rouht in some old bath room it will not fit there for i had to get this 10" rought in

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›