4.0 out of 5 stars Diverter valve
This is a high quality, two way diverter for a shower/tub. I use it to divert from the overhead showerhead and the wall showerhead. it works well and I also have the three way valve in another bathroom. I only wish that the valve could be operated to feed both heads at the same time.
Published on March 1, 2012 by Daniel Deane

1.0 out of 5 stars Valve
This was the wrong valve for my serene shower it is used with a tub not shower only. Wish the one the plumber had on his truch was a better match but I could not wait for the correct one to be shipped
Published 18 months ago by robertac1004

4.0 out of 5 stars Diverter valve, March 1, 2012
Daniel Deane (San Bernardino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Standard R420R420 Two Way In-Wall Rough Diverter Valve, Controls Water Flow between Two Outlets (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars No limit stops, March 21, 2014
With the diverter valve installed and handle in place, the valve works well. However, the valve has no limit stops. The handle will turn smoothly 360 degrees. I would have preferred the valve to have limit stops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, December 23, 2013
Bought this on the warehouse deal side, about 1/3 the price, said "used, like new" And it was. IT came in a regular box with no paperwork or anything, but it was brand new and had never been installed. I bought the trim kit for it on Ebay and would up with this valve and trim for under 80 bucks! What a steal! And it controls the flow from my hand wand to a 12" rain head, works flawlessly! And the rough trim that comes with it is self explanatory and simply to install. Also, the literature is available online! WAREHOUSE deals rule!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 23, 2014
Used to add a hand held shower to existing shower system. Was easy to install and works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diverter valve review, April 23, 2013
I was looking for a diverter valve for several months before I came across this deal. The price was great. The valve works exactly like it should. I installed a rain fall faucet in my new shower and wanted to be able to switch between the normal shower head and the rain fall one.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Qualty!, October 25, 2014
I mistakenly left the review with the handle kit that should be purchased along with this diverter valve. This is a high quality valve. Up for the rain shower and down for the wall shower

5.0 out of 5 stars American Standard R420 Two Way In-Wall Rough Diverter Valve, Controls Water..., October 23, 2013
Ordered the (American Standard T420.430.002 Portsmouth Diverter Trim Kit...) to work in conduction with this diverter valve.
Now we can switch from the "regular shower head" to the "hand sprayer" easier than ever.
Quality I had hoped for, but even Better than I had expected...
Installation could not be simpler, unless you had someone else do it for you...
My wife likes the convenience that this diverter valve makes to the new shower, especially when the grandchildren are visiting.
We have now replaced every fixture in our kitchen and bath to "AMERICAN STANDARD" products, and could not be happier.
Would recommend this, or ANY of the "AMERICAN STANDARD" products, for anyone who wants to make quality improvements to their shower, bathroom, kitchen, etc...
You will not be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Valve, August 1, 2013