Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 6, 2014
I have used this brand for past 10 years and I know how it looks. After I opened this set, I immediately saw the differences. Outside looked almost same, but inside was poorly made. The fabric from several area was broken, the thin layer of fabric only overs the bottom and left 4 sides open. I went to Walmart and bought the same set, it looked much better and it's only $65. I have uploaded some photos for you to compare. I just realized that most of the 5 star reviews the reviewer only has 1 or a few reviews. Maybe they are fake 5 star reviews.
99 comments| 525 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2013
I received this luggage set early and it was well-packaged. This is a nice set - it includes 4 pieces: large suitcase, smaller suitcase, duffle and a small carry-on shoulder bag. The two suitcases and the duffle have wheels. The smaller suitcase, duffle and carry-on shoulder bag are carry on size for all airlines. The larger suitcase will likely need to be checked (check with your airline). All bags are carry-on friendly for cruise ships. The larger suitcase has a hidden expanding zipper that lets you get 2" more of stuff in it. Plenty of pockets for smaller items too. This color combination stands out so it's easy to see if you do have to check your bags.

We had 1 large American Tourister suitcase already and it has stood up to the abuse of airlines and cruise ship baggage handlers so far. I think The quality is good. This set would actually be big enough for a couple
44 comments| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
I received this set a couple of weeks before I went on a two week trip with two of the larger pieces; this was the first time I used the luggage. I did not over pack either of the bags, yet halfway through the trip the fabric between the secondary and main zipper ripped almost all the way along the vertical portion of the luggage. Furthermore, on the trip back, several of the metal pieces popped out to reveal holes in the fabric on the back; I am certain further use will cause those holes to turn into tears, rendering the luggage useless. By the time I returned I discovered the refund window was closed and there doesn't seem to be any way to get in touch with anyone about it. It's ludicrous that on its first use this luggage should fall to pieces. It doesn't seem that this is always the case considering the other reviews; I would really just like the large luggage to be replaced.
on January 13, 2014
I bought the purple luggage set. This set of luggage set has worked real nice for us. My kids had pulled the luggage up and down the stairs and all around the house. They stood up to the abuse of my children. The real test came when we flew out for a funeral last week. I used two 'Lewis N. Clark Add-A-Bag Luggage Strap' from Amazon to hook the large luggage to a bigger American Tourister luggage we already had. They were easy to spot when coming off the carousel. I inspected the luggage each time we got out of the airport and they stood up to the abuse of flying. I am glad I purchased this set. I will buy American Tourister luggage again in a heart beat!
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
Set is very flexible --- can use for long or short trips. Nice color and detailing. Far better quality than can be shown in picture.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
bought these for my wife's vacation and she was very happy with quality and durability if this set. very handsome set that is held in high regards.I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a nice set of luggage
on June 9, 2015
Ummm yeah, it's tiny. Would be a good set for a single person but definitely not for a family. Nice looking set....just very small!!!
review image
on March 23, 2014
I ordered this set on a Friday, and I chose the two day free shipping option offered by Amazon Mom/Prime. It was on my doorstep the next morning! And that's wonderful, because I needed it fast. The box was a bit beaten up, but nothing I couldn't look past. The luggage was wrapped in plastic and didn't seem to be affected. My husband took it out for me and looked it over. He works at an airport, and said that they actually have a collection of the little pieces found on this luggage and luggage like it. He doesn't think it would fare very well during air travel, but that's fine too since we don't fly often. If anything this set would be used for road trips (and a short hospital stay for me) for which be both think it would be more than suitable. It's a nice looking set and seems sturdy enough. It was clean out of the box with no damage. I'd say this should serve the purpose nicely, and for $70 and free shipping, you can't beat the price. I'm very happy with the purchase and I would recommend this product to a friend or family member.
on September 7, 2015
Beware. This luggage is of very poor quality, but I was even more disappointed in the color and the customer service response to my complaint about it. I have been looking around for luggage for quite a while and I absolutely loved the deep, true purple color in the picture shown for the purple/grey option, but that is not anything like the color of the luggage itself. It looks much more like the "wood violet" color option, except that it does have the grey accents. It is also very cheaply made. For example, there is no lining, except for a chintzy plastic sheet covering the bottom, attached with a few velcro tabs. When I received it, I immediately submitted a return request and also wrote a message to customer service about the discrepancy in the color. Their response was to immediately send me another set. Their promptness was commendable, however, if I didn't want the first one, why on earth would I want another one??!! I had to wonder if they even really read my message. Very disappointed in the whole experience. Plus I still need to find some good luggage.
review image
on September 26, 2014
I wasn't sure if I should buy this! I read the reviews and I still wasn't sure! It was my first time travelling abroad to Asia for university and I was really scared that my luggage would fall apart. I didn't have any reliable suitcases at home and it took hours upon hours of reading every single customer review to pick something.

I chose this set because for the price, you're getting a whole load of stuff, and also because it all matches! I prefer cloth suitcases over the plastic ones, because I'm afraid the plastic will break.

Finally, in regards to the pieces themselves, they held up very very well! Not even grazed or broken yet! You can tell the quality is really weak/cheap/thin, but the suitcase itself doesn't look bad at all. On my way back, I stuffed them up so tight that they still didn't tear.

I've used only the rolling pieces. The computer/laptop bag is ok for a 15" laptop at best and is a typical, stiff laptop/shoulder bag. The large duffel is so big and roomy. It's more sturdy than I'd expected and made of thicker (or just reinforced more) than the other pieces.

If you're not sure and you're on a budget to buy luggage, I would say go with this! It comes all packed into one suitcase, they're SUPER light and super sturdy! I dragged these through the streets in Korea and they survived that and baggage claim in three airports!