4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price, but it makes some compromises
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if...
Published on January 1, 2013 by Your ad here

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good.
First trip one bag came apart. Not good.
Published 4 months ago by erik

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, inexpensive, spacious!, March 14, 2013
update 6/14

I've had this set now for over a year and must say that its holding up really well. Had to get the zipper replaced on one of the outer pockets since it broke off, other than that no damages. The wheels have been great on all kinds of surfaces - gravel roads, carpets, concrete, polished floors and others. Buying another set to gift!

***********

For someone who travels 50% of the time with 4-5 long haul international trips a year, I was on the fence for a long long time before I went ahead and invested in this set. It turned out to be a great buy! Based on my recent experiences this is what I'd say:

Pros

Lightweight and sufficiently sturdy - survived being shoved around and thrown around in buses and planes
Very spacious - thanks to the extension I got an extra couple of inches and could pack in enough for a week in the smallest bag
Handy pockets - the little pocket on top is pretty handy for odds and ends within easy reach. The largest flap is great for books, stationary, and even held my laptop a couple of times. The third pocket might not be functional if you have a stuffed bag.

Cons
Wheel alignment and balancing -- I noticed that if the bags are not evenly packed, they do tend to topple over or have trouble in staying upright.
Handle - the handle seems a bit flimsy and I was afraid it would snap off the first few times I traveled with the bag -- but its held up very well.

Would definitely recommend this set - for less than 40 bucks a pop for a spinner - it could not get any better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for price, September 24, 2012
Made one trip with this set so far and very pleased with quality. They roll and balance great. 10 yr warranty was on the tag that I didnt know I would get.

1.0 out of 5 stars A very poor buy!, December 1, 2012
Yes, you can pack a lot of clothes in the large suitcase. This is the only one I have used out of the set. We were going on a cruise, which we drove to the port, no planes involved on this trip. Dropped the luggage off , proceeded to park the car. We boarded the ship, and the luggage was delivered to the suite. I was shocked at the suitcase, the top frame work was torn off, and was dented a little. You could put your hand into the suitcase through the ripped part.

Called the company, and they told us where the place was we could take it to judged, if it was under the warranty. The place was to far from us, so she said we could ship it, Well the cost of shipping it was not worth it. I will never buy any luggage that is that cheap again, you get what you pay for. I have some samsonite luggage we have used on many trips, thought it was getting too old so I bought this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle won't come up!, September 17, 2013
I used this set to get me to CA and back ... everything was great! Then in July I took it to go to Denver - when I went to pick up the large suitcase at the airport - the handle would not come up! Good thing it has the 4 wheels as I could somewhat maneuver it. I don't see any visible dents in the handle casing ... yet it has never come back up again! Which meant I had to maneuver it through the airport to get back home. I took it to a shoe repair place ... and while he told me he could probably fix it with repair parts - it would be cheaper for me to buy another one! I certainly won't be buying another one of these! Very disappointed! :(

3.0 out of 5 stars too big, September 13, 2013
Good quality but large piece is larger than specified. I think they dont count the wheels. Couldn't check it on Southwest airlines flight without fee.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis-information and wasted money, June 21, 2014
jr (Zihuatanejo, Mexico) - See all my reviews
The dimensions given for the 29" piece of luggage in this set are 29" x 20" x 10" which comes to 59 linear inches. The actual dimensions are 31" x 21" x 11.5" which exceeds the airline maximum checked bag maximum size of 62 linear inches. Now I can't use it.

What a waste of money! I will NOT trust the dimensions given again, and am extremely unhappy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, April 24, 2013
The largest suitcase is too big to take on an airplane without an additional $100.00 charge (United Airlines). The actual size empty is 31 x 12 x 20+. (The airlines include the wheels in the measurement.) Even if it was within the size limit, it would be too heavy and there would be an additional charge for that. I used the medium suitcase and it was still over the 50 lbs allotted. If you don't plan to use it to fly, it's a great set of luggage (if you can lift the biggest one).

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, September 14, 2012
This was a great buy for the price!!! On a trip recently our luggage took a beating from the airlines and held up great! Roomy, light and easy to maneuver I would definitely recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Color (Aqua Blue) NOT As Depicted ... and Very Poor Quality, June 4, 2013
Sorry folks ... this gets a one-star "I Hate It" review. Ordered the "aqua blue". Very pretty in the picture here on Amazon. Actual luggage is not aqua blue at all. It is a very DARK almost greenish color. Not light, and not blue, and not aqua. Very dark, flat, bland, ugly. Yuk. I'm very disappointed, and so is my daughter. Okay, the color aside, this luggage is extremely poor quality. There is no structure to it at all - and yet it's heavier than I would think which seems odd to me. The best I can describe it, would be some really hard cardboard covered with a thin, cheap cloth. If it were laying down flat (packed), and you were to stack the smaller packed piece on top of it, there's no way it would hold up. It would have to permanently disfigure the case (like stepping on a shoe box or something similar). The zipper and zipper pulls don't seem substantial at all, and caught a few times when trying to open and close it. The inside material looks cheap. There is one mesh zippered pocket on the lid, and that's it. There are no other pouches or compartments...just one big empty cardboard box. The "reinforcements" around the corners are useless. The bottom of both larger pieces was sagging between the wheels from where they had been nestled. Handles do not seem durable at all. I can see where others said they pulled off. Seriously doubt that they could withstand lifting packed luggage by them. These should not be considered as "expandable". This was the oddest thing I've ever seen in the way of expandable luggage. Of the four sides, the zipper starts at the bottom left, goes up and around the top, and ends at the bottom right in a U-shaped wedge sort of. So you get about an inch of expansion near the top of the case only. Very odd, and totally useless. I knew I wasn't going to get top quality for the price, but definitely expected better. These were returned the same day.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst purchase. Splurge for better quality., May 7, 2014
I wanted a decent, simple set of luggage to get me through several trips a year. I didn't need all the bells and whistles of more expensive styles, as long as the brand was reliable and the pieces had sturdy handles. Well...this was the biggest waste of money. I have used the medium and small pieces on two separate occasions and both had the same issues.

Cons:
-4 wheels seem to roll slowly. Don't try to go over a bump in the sidewalk or a rocky parking lot, your bag will stop and you'll be scrambling to get going again. This sounds ridiculous because, quite frankly, it is! I've never had this issue with a 2 wheel bag before. It got to the point where I began rolling the pieces on their back two wheels just so I could keep up with my coworkers in the airport.
-Handles are NOT sturdy. I ended up using the top grip handle (vs the telescopic one) to push the bag even though it's at the wrong height simply because it was that difficult to use. It's flimsy and you feel like you're going to break it if the bag is full.
-Button to retract handle is exactly where your hand goes, so good luck making it all the way to the gate without your handle dropping down.
-This is probably the largest issue of all - there is no grip, handle, or bar at the bottom of any of these pieces. This was inconvenient with the small bag, and renders the larger bags almost unusable. It is nearly impossible to get a 50 pound bag in and out of the trunk of a car when there is nothing to grip on the bottom of the bag.

Pros:
-Like other reviewers said, the color is much different - more of a gray/purple. Way more attractive than this photo.

Bottom line - if you want crappy luggage that you'll regret buying, get this set. If you want luggage that makes your airport trip less stressful rather than more, then get something else. If it wasn't so bulky and expensive to ship back I would return it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›