5.0 out of 5 stars Keep On Packing - this baby holds it all!
Published 21 months ago by AvalonsMist

3.0 out of 5 stars Really decent, just a couple quibbles
This bag is mostly very successful, but I was still a little disappointed in a couple things.
cons:
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep On Packing - this baby holds it all!, September 25, 2012
Looking for a durable, attractive spinner that you can honestly pack for a week in and carry on your flights? Buy this! After 8 yrs of beating up my old black Am. Tourister, I wanted to change to a stand out yet tasteful color in a suitcase that was road, train and plane ready. The old one still worked like a dream, but my attempts to put patches on it for visibility had taken their toll on its looks. I'm a hearty traveler who will wheel a suitcase on a subway, down city streets and wherever I need to be. Wow was I impressed!! I read lots of reviews of various brands and visited stores to wheel many suitcases around, to test their wheels and inspect their construction. Some of the other name brands had horrible rolling or ridiculously flimsy construction, with ironically much higher prices. So ultimately, as my old Am T. had held up so well over time, I gambled and ordered this online without testing it.

Holy cow is it deep!! I don't know what the Am T. designers did since my last one, but while packing, w the roll method, for a visit to trendy LA, I had no problem finding more than enough room for 2 formal outfits - including shoes, and all of the casual clothing and personal items that I needed for an ENTIRE WEEK. I could not believe how much I kept packing and how much more room I kept finding to pack more. The roomy front pouch is also excellent for ease of access for toiletries when getting through TSA lines. This baby handles perfectly, has solid construction and the sapphire blue is elegant and easy to pick out in a crowd. I'm a picky customer who will spend lavishly for quality and attractiveness. There's no need to in this case. Am. T. have created a very stylish pack mule and work horse of a suitcase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, economical suitcase!, July 31, 2012
I travel pretty regularly (at least 4 times a year), and after my standard two-wheeled suitcase gave out I looked for something with more features. I do like the 4-wheeled design, it makes walking through the airport with a heavy bag so much more comfortable! I've heard of other spinner cases tipping when full, and I was glad to see that not happening with this bag. The handles on top, side and bottom were very handy for getting it into the overhead compartment of the airplane. I was surprised how versatile the inside design was - there's a mesh pocket and larger plastic pocket on the inside that combined can hold all my toiletries and makeup, and keep them away from my clothes. There's also shoe pockets on the inside to keep dirty soles away from clothes. The wheels were well designed and I had little problem going over small bumps and such with all four wheels. I don't recommend doing that on sidewalks or cobblestones however, but this functions pretty good as a pull-along so that's fine. The only gotcha was the telescoping handle - it isn't as seamless to manage as several others I've had over the years. If that worked flawlessly this would get five stars. Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good - I would recommend it., February 13, 2013
So after countless hours of researching spinner carry-ons, I finally decided to settle on this one. Thus far, pretty happy with my decision. My previous conventional carry-on was 22” (Atlantic brand) and I loved it. It held up great and was the perfect size. This bag was advertised as an inch smaller so I was worried about what I would be able to (or not) fit into it. I travel more than 36 weeks per year on business (Monday-Thursday) and this carry-on was able to fit what I always pack. I had no issues fitting it into the overhead bins (So far only flown Southwest on it) with “wheels in” nonetheless (standard 737).

The handle is fine – I don’t think it’s as flimsy as people are making it out to be. To get a sense of what I was able to fit into this carry-on, here’s what I pack:

1. In the front top compartment: electric razor and 1 quart bag of toiletries.
2. In the front lower compartment: 1 T-shirt, 1 pair of gym shorts, 1 pair of pajama shorts, and a couple of pairs of gym socks.
3. In the main luggage compartment (and with room to spare surprisingly!): 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of slacks, 1 belt, 2 polos, 1 dress shirt, 1 long-sleeve undershirt, 6 t-shirts, 3 pairs of formal socks, a toiletry travel bag (for electric toothbrush, floss, etc.), and 1 pair of gym shoes.

Overall – especially for the price compares to other - I would purchase this specific suitcase. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I find when I am rolling it, it tends to always want to veer to the left so I feel like I am applying pressure to my hand to try and keep it straight. A bit annoying and not as comfortable as I would have hoped. That said, this could very well just be me getting used to the 4-wheel rolling aspect or it could be a defect with my wheels or it could just be what it is.

Hope this review helps those that are indecisive on which spinner carry-on to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really decent, just a couple quibbles, January 28, 2014
cons:
- The "seaport blue" color does not match what is seen on-site. I've ordered a lot of products online, and can expect some small variation, but this bag is much darker than the photo appears here. It's not a bright teal, but a less saturated medium blue/dark teal. The more conservative color may appeal to more people, but I was hoping for the bolder color. It is definitely not navy or standard royal blue however, so it was still unique and easy to ID at baggage claim.
-The bag wavered when it was full and I tried pushing it along. It didn't stay in a straight line all the time and I had to expend some effort to keep it on track. This is my first spinner bag however, so it may just be something common I didn't know to expect. It was hard to move on carpet, and I resorted to pulling it behind like a regular upright.
-As some other reviewers noted the handle does feel flimsy - but I didn't have a problem with it or it's function, and I'm grateful for the lightweight nature of the suitcase overall.

Pros:
Overall I really enjoyed the suitcase - there were a lot of nice little surprises.
- The handle design is really sturdy and nicely constructed (and they don't stick out) to make it easy to put in overhead compartments on planes.
- Inside it was great to have a solid plastic pocket included along with a mesh one - very easy to keep a damp swimsuit or muddy shoes separated.
- It's so nice the front pocket unzips all the way down the sides rather than just across, I keep my carry-on liquids in there and it was so quick to pull them out at the airport.
- A small detail, but the zipper pull to expand the bag is a circle shape to differentiate it from the normal zippers for opening it. My last carry-on had standard zipper shapes all around, and I often mixed up which would open the bag. Not any more!
- On cement/tile floors it moved really well, I was able to change direction without a hitch, and even when full I didn't have any balance/tipping issues

4.0 out of 5 stars Great color and pretty tough!, August 30, 2012
This is a great carry-on bag for me. I love the color and it's pretty open inside (not too many inside compartments which is good for me). I've travelled a lot with this and taken it over cobblestone streets and the wheels are still intact and working like new. Impressive! It's fairly light and fits perfectly into all overhead bins that I've tried to put it in. The handle on the bottom is great also for putting the piece in trunks and overhead bins. The sliding handle isn't great; it has two locking lengths and it's hard to use the shorter one, you need to do a lot of finicking to get it right or else it pulls right out or slides back in but otherwise a great piece of luggage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long trips, December 13, 2012
Logan Bosemer (Nashville TN United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this to take on a 10 day trip to Europe. It fit in most overheads (aside from small planes) and I never had any problems. I took winter clothes too so it had lots of space!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as you'd hope., November 29, 2012
Purchased instead of a samsonite piece because i wanted a spinner, but didn't want to throw down $100+. Really considered returning the item upon receipt but needed it for next-day use, so decided to keep. Quality is definitely lacking. Material was wrinkled at top and marked/dirty as if it had been used/returned. I could live with that, though i wasn't happy with it. The zippers also stick pretty badly. They've gotten better with use, but are still temperamental. The worst is probably the handle. It does extend to a good height, however, it must be the cheapest handle material and construction I've ever seen. it feels like it could break off or come out of casing at any time. VERY wobbly. Also, it doesn't stay secured on the lowest setting. All in all, the color is nice, the compartments are fine and it's really a nice amount of interior space for a piece this size, however if I had to do it again, I'd choose something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE!, July 24, 2013
Joan West (Southern, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Tourister Luggage Ilite Supreme Spinner 21 (Apparel)
I purchased this case 5 months ago. After using it 4 times, one of the rear wheels malfunctioned, making it useless. My daughter had to drag it to get it home. It supposedly has a 10 year warranty. I contacted customer service and they said that since there are no repair centers in my area, I would have to send the suitcase to them, at my expense, and IF they determined that there was a manufacturer defect, they would repair and return it to me. Otherwise, I would be responsible for the cost of repair and return postage. How could this possibly NOT be a defect? I asked if they could just send me the wheel assembly replacement part, and they said no because they had none in stock (I wonder how THEY were going to fix it without the part?). I emailed customer service and told them this was not acceptable - I would not pay to have a defective item repaired, and I again requested that they send me the part so I could repair it myself. That was a week ago and I am still waiting for a response. Even before the wheel broke, we were not satisfied with the case because, when anything was put in the outside pockets, the case would tip over, and it was extremely hard to maneuver. American Tourister and Samsonite are one and the same. I will never purchase another one of their products again. I have written this off as a complete waste of $90 and lesson learned. I purchased a Delsey case for my daughter instead and it is holding up just fine.
UPDATE August 2013: I ended up paying the postage to send this bag for warranty repair. They told me they could replace the wheel with a black one since they did not have any blue ones, so that is what they did, and sent it back to me. The bag looks silly with the one black wheel, but at least its functional again.

1.0 out of 5 stars It worked well . . . until it didn't, September 8, 2013
I'm so grateful this bag didn't fail until the very end of the trip.
After the fourth and final flight of our trip I got to the car to find the handle was suddenly stuck in the fully extended position. I was able to fit it into the trunk anyway, but imagine if this had happened while trying to put it in the overhead bin on one of our crowded flights, with an aisle full of impatient passengers growing frustrated behind me . . . brrrrr.
Before I bought this bag I read other reviews where people had problems with the handle, but they seemed to be able to resolve theirs. However, even after I unzipped the lining to access the inside mechanism, it took a lot of work to get the handle retracted - and now it's stuck in the retracted position. At least now I can fit it into a box for its return to Amazon.
We actually bought two of these bags; we haven't had any trouble with the other one so far, but I hope we don't find on our next trip that we should have returned it, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short trip luggage, October 22, 2012
First this has plenty of room for a short trip. I went just for a weekend and even stuffed my winter jacket into it since it was warm. Mostly though I love it for the color. Easy to spot it in the airplane - or if checking it through it would definitely stand out.

Rate and Discover Movies