4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Suitcase Overall; Color Not What I Expected
Published on July 6, 2012 by Sofia Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay- dirty easily
Published 6 months ago by thelse

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Suitcase Overall; Color Not What I Expected, July 6, 2012
This review is from: American Tourister Luggage Ilite Supreme 25 Inch Spinner Suitcase (Electronics)
This is a really nice suitcase. The 4 wheels roll smoothly and don't strain my shoulder and arm like the type of case that you tilt to roll. It also has lots of space and the handle is sturdy. Lastly, it is very light in weight, which is important these days with the airline fees. The only thing that was disappointing was the color. The photo leads you to believe it's red or maroon. It's pink-Barbie pink. Don't order the Honeysuckle color if you don't like pink. I decided to keep it because I don't have time to send it back, plus I figure it will stand out coming down the conveyer belt at the airport. Could even be a conversation piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars It withstands the test!, February 2, 2013
I have been on several trips, including a cruise, since I have purchased this bag and have been thrilled with it's performance! I love the spaciousness on the inside. I could almost fit the kitchen sink if I had too! I am so pleased with the handles, especially the extra one on the bottom which makes lifting it so much easier. I am so delighted with the multi-directional wheels. I can just walk normally while moving the suitcase to the side of me, while holding onto the handle, with practically no effect. I am so happy I chose this bag over the many options to be had.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far - so good, February 21, 2014
I purchased this luggage because I need to take a longer vacation than normal and well, wasn't going to play the game of shoving everything into a carry on. I carefully read through many reviews before choosing and I'm really glad I picked this one.

First of all - the color is nothing like the seller image which was mentioned in reviews. In bright light or flash, yes - but in reality it's darker and I love it more than the shown color. I wanted something that stood out and I got it - within a reasonable price.

Another concern in the reviews was with the zippers. I played with every one of them over and over again and have no idea what the problem is so it's either fixed or it's misunderstood that you can't run a zipper over fabric. :)

The spinner wheels are so smooth! I put my carryon bag on top of this one and I could probably take down a family of 5 like bowling pins at an alley this thing rolls so well. Look out folks, here I come!

Last, bag has so much room it's not even funny and it has a zipper to allow additional space if needed. There is no doubt that I will be able to pack a week's worth of clothing, shoes and toiletries and have plenty of room for souvenirs for the trip back. Since its total size is 53 inches it's well within my airline's limitations of 62 inches (total length+width+height), how could I not love it? Now if I can just keep it under 50 pounds.

If it falls apart on the first trip like it did for others and I didn't cause the problem to happen, I'll be sure to let you know. For now - I would highly recommend this as a great alternative to an overpriced bag. Now if I can just keep it under 50 pounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but wheels do not move as smoothly as Samsonite suitcase when it is fully packed, January 9, 2013
Just the right size for long distance travel given the 50-lbs weight restriction. I had a bigger one from Samsonite but if that one is fully packed, it will be over the weight limit. However, the 4 wheels on this American Tourister luggage do not move as smoothly as the Samsonite. Everything else meets my expectation. If I purchase suitcase again, I will go for Samsonite even if I have to pay more.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay- dirty easily, January 2, 2014
I've had cheap-ish American tourister microlite luggage for 14 years now- the same rolly suitcase and carryon, not multiple- and they are still fantastic with only a single inner zipper on the rolling suitcase breaking and a flat back edge starting to show serious wear recently and it's been to the other side of the world and back twice and numerous other trips. Thus, I thought this was a great brand to go with.

The quality on the newer ones (this green suitcase) is not anything like the old.
So far, I've taken this one on 6 car rides and 1 domestic round trip flight- loaded to 40 pounds each time.

First- it's heavier than the old microlite even though this is smaller. The fabric is thicker. No big deal, but it was a little disappointing since you'd think things would have gotten better.

Wheels- the spinny wheels are OK. They aren't annoying like the cheap kind and they are heavenly like the samsonite that looks almost the same as this model. They are pretty good and rolled well with 40+ pounds in the suitcase. I'm a fan of spinny wheels in general but after having one break off on a cheap suitcase, I only wanted them on a trusted brand. Let's hope these stay on. So far they've made it longer than the cheap suitcase ;)

color- the green is nothing like the pretty fun green on the green. It's multitone with different colors on different sections and is pretty neon with a very yellowy ugly color that lacks the smooth appearance in the picture. it's not what I expected or wanted at all, but hey, you can find it on the belt!

dirty- I've had plenty of suitcases in sizes and colors- black, navy, red. I found black gets somewhat dirty and red and blue don't. However, the grainy weird fabric and light color of this suitcase made is look abysmal after the first flight. It came down the belt and we thought immediately it must be ours but as it got closer it looked so dirty and old we second guessed it. One flight and it will look ancient, dirty and worn like it has traveled the world.

Front pockets- be warned, the front pockets are flat files. The way that they open makes it so only something really flat like paper can go in them. I'd max out that bottom pocket at maybe 2 calendars MAX.

Zippers- they aren't the greatest and I"d hoped for more. They work ok. Well most of them worked OK. However, after returning after the roundtrip flight, the zipper on the front large pocket broke- you know the zipping but the zipper doesn't actually close. :/ you'd expect that only with extremely low quality luggage. I've gotten no name brands from target for 20 bucks that had zippers that lasted longer. I'm hoping we can fix this somehow. I've got to look into this warrantee since that was certainly a pull in buying this over something less expensive.

size- this is within the guidelines for checked baggage without going over. This is really important. I bought this one after having to return another suitcase whose listed dimensions calculated out to be under the required size but in actuality were over the max baggage (hundred in oversize baggage fees? no thank you!- always check reviews and with tape measure for real outer dimensions). This one, again, is perfectly fine for checking. Obviously, don't try to bring it as a carry on. It's actually a bit smaller than was expected and the bottom (wheel side) is a little deeper than the top.

durability- beyond what's written, we'll have to see. I was expecting this to be another investment piece and last at least another 15 years but it's not looking good.

Overall- it's not a bad suitcase. it's a little ugly but easy to see. It wheels around pretty well even when packed with 40 pounds. However, those expecting the quality that used to come with American tourister or a lightweight bag may be disappointed.
Here's hoping the zippers and wheels hold up at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 5, 2013
worked out great. large, light and easy. this bag holds a LOT of stuff. we have two and are very happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice suitcase, December 18, 2012
Bought for my mom to take on a cruise. Very roomy and extremely light weight. Easy to spot a purple suitcase in a sea of black and navy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the purple - makes it so easy to find, February 2, 2013
Plenty of room, rolls easily, carry on loops over handle. After 7 flights in 10 days this luggage still looks like brand new. I love the plastic zippered compartment and shoe compartments. It holds a lot!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad zipper, October 11, 2013
The zipper was defective. I realized this as I was packing hours before leaving to Europe. Had to purchase a luggage strap at the airport and hope for the best.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase was trashed after one flight, September 21, 2013
I was extremely disappointed in this suitcase. One flight and the suitcase came out bent up in the frame and torn around the seams. Some of the things in it were missing. The airlines gave me a suitcase to bring my stuff home in and because I was a bit shocked I never thought to take the destroyed suitcase with me so there was nothing to get my money refunded from the company. I ended up paying for the suitcase when my credit card statement arrived a couple weeks later. I wouldn't have given it a one except that was the lowest I could go.

Seriously do not buy this suitcase. I have been flying the same airlines for the last 4 years over 6 times a year and have never had a problem with a suitcase until this one just plain fell apart on me.

American Tourister Luggage Ilite Supreme 25 Inch Spinner Suitcase