Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 31, 2012
I travel pretty regularly (at least 4 times a year), and after my standard two-wheeled suitcase gave out I looked for something with more features. I do like the 4-wheeled design, it makes walking through the airport with a heavy bag so much more comfortable! I've heard of other spinner cases tipping when full, and I was glad to see that not happening with this bag. The handles on top, side and bottom were very handy for getting it into the overhead compartment of the airplane. I was surprised how versatile the inside design was - there's a mesh pocket and larger plastic pocket on the inside that combined can hold all my toiletries and makeup, and keep them away from my clothes. There's also shoe pockets on the inside to keep dirty soles away from clothes. The wheels were well designed and I had little problem going over small bumps and such with all four wheels. I don't recommend doing that on sidewalks or cobblestones however, but this functions pretty good as a pull-along so that's fine. The only gotcha was the telescoping handle - it isn't as seamless to manage as several others I've had over the years. If that worked flawlessly this would get five stars. Would definitely recommend.
11 comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
So after countless hours of researching spinner carry-ons, I finally decided to settle on this one. Thus far, pretty happy with my decision. My previous conventional carry-on was 22” (Atlantic brand) and I loved it. It held up great and was the perfect size. This bag was advertised as an inch smaller so I was worried about what I would be able to (or not) fit into it. I travel more than 36 weeks per year on business (Monday-Thursday) and this carry-on was able to fit what I always pack. I had no issues fitting it into the overhead bins (So far only flown Southwest on it) with “wheels in” nonetheless (standard 737).

The handle is fine – I don’t think it’s as flimsy as people are making it out to be. To get a sense of what I was able to fit into this carry-on, here’s what I pack:

1. In the front top compartment: electric razor and 1 quart bag of toiletries.
2. In the front lower compartment: 1 T-shirt, 1 pair of gym shorts, 1 pair of pajama shorts, and a couple of pairs of gym socks.
3. In the main luggage compartment (and with room to spare surprisingly!): 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of slacks, 1 belt, 2 polos, 1 dress shirt, 1 long-sleeve undershirt, 6 t-shirts, 3 pairs of formal socks, a toiletry travel bag (for electric toothbrush, floss, etc.), and 1 pair of gym shoes.

Overall – especially for the price compares to other - I would purchase this specific suitcase. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I find when I am rolling it, it tends to always want to veer to the left so I feel like I am applying pressure to my hand to try and keep it straight. A bit annoying and not as comfortable as I would have hoped. That said, this could very well just be me getting used to the 4-wheel rolling aspect or it could be a defect with my wheels or it could just be what it is.

Hope this review helps those that are indecisive on which spinner carry-on to get.
0Comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
This bag is mostly very successful, but I was still a little disappointed in a couple things.
cons:
- The "seaport blue" color does not match what is seen on-site. I've ordered a lot of products online, and can expect some small variation, but this bag is much darker than the photo appears here. It's not a bright teal, but a less saturated medium blue/dark teal. The more conservative color may appeal to more people, but I was hoping for the bolder color. It is definitely not navy or standard royal blue however, so it was still unique and easy to ID at baggage claim.
-The bag wavered when it was full and I tried pushing it along. It didn't stay in a straight line all the time and I had to expend some effort to keep it on track. This is my first spinner bag however, so it may just be something common I didn't know to expect. It was hard to move on carpet, and I resorted to pulling it behind like a regular upright.
-As some other reviewers noted the handle does feel flimsy - but I didn't have a problem with it or it's function, and I'm grateful for the lightweight nature of the suitcase overall.

Pros:
Overall I really enjoyed the suitcase - there were a lot of nice little surprises.
- The handle design is really sturdy and nicely constructed (and they don't stick out) to make it easy to put in overhead compartments on planes.
- Inside it was great to have a solid plastic pocket included along with a mesh one - very easy to keep a damp swimsuit or muddy shoes separated.
- It's so nice the front pocket unzips all the way down the sides rather than just across, I keep my carry-on liquids in there and it was so quick to pull them out at the airport.
- A small detail, but the zipper pull to expand the bag is a circle shape to differentiate it from the normal zippers for opening it. My last carry-on had standard zipper shapes all around, and I often mixed up which would open the bag. Not any more!
- On cement/tile floors it moved really well, I was able to change direction without a hitch, and even when full I didn't have any balance/tipping issues
11 comment|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2012
This is a great carry-on bag for me. I love the color and it's pretty open inside (not too many inside compartments which is good for me). I've travelled a lot with this and taken it over cobblestone streets and the wheels are still intact and working like new. Impressive! It's fairly light and fits perfectly into all overhead bins that I've tried to put it in. The handle on the bottom is great also for putting the piece in trunks and overhead bins. The sliding handle isn't great; it has two locking lengths and it's hard to use the shorter one, you need to do a lot of finicking to get it right or else it pulls right out or slides back in but otherwise a great piece of luggage!
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
I purchased this case 5 months ago. After using it 4 times, one of the rear wheels malfunctioned, making it useless. My daughter had to drag it to get it home. It supposedly has a 10 year warranty. I contacted customer service and they said that since there are no repair centers in my area, I would have to send the suitcase to them, at my expense, and IF they determined that there was a manufacturer defect, they would repair and return it to me. Otherwise, I would be responsible for the cost of repair and return postage. How could this possibly NOT be a defect? I asked if they could just send me the wheel assembly replacement part, and they said no because they had none in stock (I wonder how THEY were going to fix it without the part?). I emailed customer service and told them this was not acceptable - I would not pay to have a defective item repaired, and I again requested that they send me the part so I could repair it myself. That was a week ago and I am still waiting for a response. Even before the wheel broke, we were not satisfied with the case because, when anything was put in the outside pockets, the case would tip over, and it was extremely hard to maneuver. American Tourister and Samsonite are one and the same. I will never purchase another one of their products again. I have written this off as a complete waste of $90 and lesson learned. I purchased a Delsey case for my daughter instead and it is holding up just fine.
UPDATE August 2013: I ended up paying the postage to send this bag for warranty repair. They told me they could replace the wheel with a black one since they did not have any blue ones, so that is what they did, and sent it back to me. The bag looks silly with the one black wheel, but at least its functional again.
on November 29, 2012
Purchased instead of a samsonite piece because i wanted a spinner, but didn't want to throw down $100+. Really considered returning the item upon receipt but needed it for next-day use, so decided to keep. Quality is definitely lacking. Material was wrinkled at top and marked/dirty as if it had been used/returned. I could live with that, though i wasn't happy with it. The zippers also stick pretty badly. They've gotten better with use, but are still temperamental. The worst is probably the handle. It does extend to a good height, however, it must be the cheapest handle material and construction I've ever seen. it feels like it could break off or come out of casing at any time. VERY wobbly. Also, it doesn't stay secured on the lowest setting. All in all, the color is nice, the compartments are fine and it's really a nice amount of interior space for a piece this size, however if I had to do it again, I'd choose something else.
on October 11, 2013
With the airlines being more strict about the size of carry on luggage (1+1: one carry-on maximum size 14x9x22 inches and one personal item maximum 9x10x17 inches which INCLUDES a purse), I bought this luggage to make the most of the current horrible flying conditions.

This luggage is very sturdy and the wheels make it easy to steer. I especially like the three fabric built-in handles on three sides to make it easy to retrieve from the overhead compartment. The retractable handle is not a problem for me since I am tall and need the full length extended, but I also don't see a problem with the shorter length handle, you just have to pull it all the way out first, then lock it down into the shorter position. There are lots of pockets inside: two large mesh pockets at the inside corners, and 2 large zippered pockets on the inside door. The top pocket is mesh and the bottom is plastic to keep wet clothes or dirty shoes separate from your clothes. Very nicely designed. I am happy with my purchase. TIP: Packing cubes (eBags) are the BEST way to keep everything organized and neat. This luggage holds every variety of sizes of packing cubes. I was able to pack an entire week worth of clothes for an out-of-town business trip. Make sure to keep trial size liquids and toothpaste in a quart baggie to get through security. Here are the TSA rules: 3-1-1 for carry-ons: 3.4 oz (100mL bottles or less by volume) in 1 quart-sized clear, plastic, zip-top bag, with 1 bag per passenger placed in the screening bin.
on September 8, 2013
I'm so grateful this bag didn't fail until the very end of the trip.
After the fourth and final flight of our trip I got to the car to find the handle was suddenly stuck in the fully extended position. I was able to fit it into the trunk anyway, but imagine if this had happened while trying to put it in the overhead bin on one of our crowded flights, with an aisle full of impatient passengers growing frustrated behind me . . . brrrrr.
Before I bought this bag I read other reviews where people had problems with the handle, but they seemed to be able to resolve theirs. However, even after I unzipped the lining to access the inside mechanism, it took a lot of work to get the handle retracted - and now it's stuck in the retracted position. At least now I can fit it into a box for its return to Amazon.
We actually bought two of these bags; we haven't had any trouble with the other one so far, but I hope we don't find on our next trip that we should have returned it, too.
on September 12, 2012
I purchased this suitcase for my wife as her other smaller case was wearing out. They thought of everything when they designed this product. It even has a zipper sealed liquids bag built-in which is something I've never seen before. Everything feels good and very well made. I highly recommend this product!
on December 13, 2012
I bought this to take on a 10 day trip to Europe. It fit in most overheads (aside from small planes) and I never had any problems. I took winter clothes too so it had lots of space!!!