Top critical review
84 people found this helpful
Really decent, just a couple quibbles
on January 28, 2014
This bag is mostly very successful, but I was still a little disappointed in a couple things.
- The "seaport blue" color does not match what is seen on-site. I've ordered a lot of products online, and can expect some small variation, but this bag is much darker than the photo appears here. It's not a bright teal, but a less saturated medium blue/dark teal. The more conservative color may appeal to more people, but I was hoping for the bolder color. It is definitely not navy or standard royal blue however, so it was still unique and easy to ID at baggage claim.
-The bag wavered when it was full and I tried pushing it along. It didn't stay in a straight line all the time and I had to expend some effort to keep it on track. This is my first spinner bag however, so it may just be something common I didn't know to expect. It was hard to move on carpet, and I resorted to pulling it behind like a regular upright.
-As some other reviewers noted the handle does feel flimsy - but I didn't have a problem with it or it's function, and I'm grateful for the lightweight nature of the suitcase overall.
Overall I really enjoyed the suitcase - there were a lot of nice little surprises.
- The handle design is really sturdy and nicely constructed (and they don't stick out) to make it easy to put in overhead compartments on planes.
- Inside it was great to have a solid plastic pocket included along with a mesh one - very easy to keep a damp swimsuit or muddy shoes separated.
- It's so nice the front pocket unzips all the way down the sides rather than just across, I keep my carry-on liquids in there and it was so quick to pull them out at the airport.
- A small detail, but the zipper pull to expand the bag is a circle shape to differentiate it from the normal zippers for opening it. My last carry-on had standard zipper shapes all around, and I often mixed up which would open the bag. Not any more!
- On cement/tile floors it moved really well, I was able to change direction without a hitch, and even when full I didn't have any balance/tipping issues