4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price, but it makes some compromises
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if...
Published 20 months ago by Your ad here

3.0 out of 5 stars Spinner wheels OK, but...
I am not sure I like the spinner wheels. When the large case is full, it does not seem to move as easily as a regular 2-wheeled suitcase. In fact, I noticed many people in the airport tipping their spinner suitcase to pull it on 2 wheels, the same as I was doing. Also, because of the spinner wheels, there is no handle on the bottom end of the suitcase, which makes it hard...
Published 22 months ago by bcbeads

‹ Previous | 1 2 346 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars too big, September 13, 2013
Good quality but large piece is larger than specified. I think they dont count the wheels. Couldn't check it on Southwest airlines flight without fee.

1.0 out of 5 stars A very poor buy!, December 1, 2012
Yes, you can pack a lot of clothes in the large suitcase. This is the only one I have used out of the set. We were going on a cruise, which we drove to the port, no planes involved on this trip. Dropped the luggage off , proceeded to park the car. We boarded the ship, and the luggage was delivered to the suite. I was shocked at the suitcase, the top frame work was torn off, and was dented a little. You could put your hand into the suitcase through the ripped part.

Called the company, and they told us where the place was we could take it to judged, if it was under the warranty. The place was to far from us, so she said we could ship it, Well the cost of shipping it was not worth it. I will never buy any luggage that is that cheap again, you get what you pay for. I have some samsonite luggage we have used on many trips, thought it was getting too old so I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, September 14, 2012
This was a great buy for the price!!! On a trip recently our luggage took a beating from the airlines and held up great! Roomy, light and easy to maneuver I would definitely recommend!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, April 24, 2013
The largest suitcase is too big to take on an airplane without an additional $100.00 charge (United Airlines). The actual size empty is 31 x 12 x 20+. (The airlines include the wheels in the measurement.) Even if it was within the size limit, it would be too heavy and there would be an additional charge for that. I used the medium suitcase and it was still over the 50 lbs allotted. If you don't plan to use it to fly, it's a great set of luggage (if you can lift the biggest one).

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle won't come up!, September 17, 2013
I used this set to get me to CA and back ... everything was great! Then in July I took it to go to Denver - when I went to pick up the large suitcase at the airport - the handle would not come up! Good thing it has the 4 wheels as I could somewhat maneuver it. I don't see any visible dents in the handle casing ... yet it has never come back up again! Which meant I had to maneuver it through the airport to get back home. I took it to a shoe repair place ... and while he told me he could probably fix it with repair parts - it would be cheaper for me to buy another one! I certainly won't be buying another one of these! Very disappointed! :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Color (Aqua Blue) NOT As Depicted ... and Very Poor Quality, June 4, 2013
Sorry folks ... this gets a one-star "I Hate It" review. Ordered the "aqua blue". Very pretty in the picture here on Amazon. Actual luggage is not aqua blue at all. It is a very DARK almost greenish color. Not light, and not blue, and not aqua. Very dark, flat, bland, ugly. Yuk. I'm very disappointed, and so is my daughter. Okay, the color aside, this luggage is extremely poor quality. There is no structure to it at all - and yet it's heavier than I would think which seems odd to me. The best I can describe it, would be some really hard cardboard covered with a thin, cheap cloth. If it were laying down flat (packed), and you were to stack the smaller packed piece on top of it, there's no way it would hold up. It would have to permanently disfigure the case (like stepping on a shoe box or something similar). The zipper and zipper pulls don't seem substantial at all, and caught a few times when trying to open and close it. The inside material looks cheap. There is one mesh zippered pocket on the lid, and that's it. There are no other pouches or compartments...just one big empty cardboard box. The "reinforcements" around the corners are useless. The bottom of both larger pieces was sagging between the wheels from where they had been nestled. Handles do not seem durable at all. I can see where others said they pulled off. Seriously doubt that they could withstand lifting packed luggage by them. These should not be considered as "expandable". This was the oddest thing I've ever seen in the way of expandable luggage. Of the four sides, the zipper starts at the bottom left, goes up and around the top, and ends at the bottom right in a U-shaped wedge sort of. So you get about an inch of expansion near the top of the case only. Very odd, and totally useless. I knew I wasn't going to get top quality for the price, but definitely expected better. These were returned the same day.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THE COLOR!, January 26, 2013
The color is not that pale aqua but a darker aqua. We all love it. My daughter immediately claimed them for herself. The three sizes are great. The smaller one is perfect for carryone luggage or for a child's use. The two larger pieces are great for mom and dad. I am a big fan of American Tourister because my last luggage set was a navy AT set. These are great pieces, easy to navigate with their spinner wheels, and have an appealing color which is easy to spot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just so disappointing!, August 29, 2013
I have to say, I spent so much time reading all the reviews on this luggage and ended up ordering, despite the feeling I had that if it seems to good to be true, it usually is. I was going on a 3 week trip to the British Isle on a cruise and 4 days in Paris with girlfriends and when I packed the large one, it would not stand up straight and the front wheel was bent under. I really was SO disappointed and had to go out and purchase another 2 piece set to take AND had to unpack and repack.
My recommendation, if your going on a very light packing trip, it is fine, for a 2-3 week trip, don't waste your time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tore 1st use, October 12, 2013
The very first time I used it, it was ripped out on a corner. Would not buy again. Not worth it!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst purchase. Splurge for better quality., May 7, 2014
I wanted a decent, simple set of luggage to get me through several trips a year. I didn't need all the bells and whistles of more expensive styles, as long as the brand was reliable and the pieces had sturdy handles. Well...this was the biggest waste of money. I have used the medium and small pieces on two separate occasions and both had the same issues.

Cons:
-4 wheels seem to roll slowly. Don't try to go over a bump in the sidewalk or a rocky parking lot, your bag will stop and you'll be scrambling to get going again. This sounds ridiculous because, quite frankly, it is! I've never had this issue with a 2 wheel bag before. It got to the point where I began rolling the pieces on their back two wheels just so I could keep up with my coworkers in the airport.
-Handles are NOT sturdy. I ended up using the top grip handle (vs the telescopic one) to push the bag even though it's at the wrong height simply because it was that difficult to use. It's flimsy and you feel like you're going to break it if the bag is full.
-Button to retract handle is exactly where your hand goes, so good luck making it all the way to the gate without your handle dropping down.
-This is probably the largest issue of all - there is no grip, handle, or bar at the bottom of any of these pieces. This was inconvenient with the small bag, and renders the larger bags almost unusable. It is nearly impossible to get a 50 pound bag in and out of the trunk of a car when there is nothing to grip on the bottom of the bag.

Pros:
-Like other reviewers said, the color is much different - more of a gray/purple. Way more attractive than this photo.

Bottom line - if you want crappy luggage that you'll regret buying, get this set. If you want luggage that makes your airport trip less stressful rather than more, then get something else. If it wasn't so bulky and expensive to ship back I would return it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 346 | Next ›