4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price, but it makes some compromises
We just purchased this set and took them from one end of the planet to the other, along with a side trip so they made a total of four legs. Now onto what to expect.

Structurally, they only have reinforced corners, so an item laying on one of them will not depress the luggage much. However, along the edges there is no major support, so the suitcase will sag if...
Published 19 months ago by Your ad here

3.0 out of 5 stars Spinner wheels OK, but...
I am not sure I like the spinner wheels. When the large case is full, it does not seem to move as easily as a regular 2-wheeled suitcase. In fact, I noticed many people in the airport tipping their spinner suitcase to pull it on 2 wheels, the same as I was doing. Also, because of the spinner wheels, there is no handle on the bottom end of the suitcase, which makes it hard...
Published 20 months ago by bcbeads

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 440 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, January 25, 2013
I took the two smaller pieces of this luggage on an international trip last week. They fared well on my multiple flights in several airports. I'm really happy with how they still look and how easy they were to wheel around. The spinner wheels are really fantastic. The only criticism I have of the set is that the largest suitcase is HUGE. I'm pretty sure not even filling it all the way would be sure to put you overweight on any airline. But if you're traveling by car, the extra large suitcase would be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LUGGAGE, September 11, 2012
Luggage is wonderful! Came in on time; great color; great condition! I'm very pleased with this purchase. (Color is darker than picture, more of a plum than the purple pictured.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lugguge set, but has a few issues, July 16, 2013
This is a great luggage set at a great value.

PROS:
1) Beautiful, elegant shade of purple (darker than pictured) which made it impossible to miss my luggage on the airport carousel
2) Rolls and turns effortlessly
3) Decent pocket organization

Now, for the issues which prevented a five-star rating:

CONS:
1) Smallest bag may be too big for carry-on on some airlines. I snuck by, but the bag technically exceeded the requirements.
2) Color rubbed off onto a light beige carpet when I left the bag laying down overnight after just returning from a trip. I now have a light purple patch on the carpet which will not come out with cleaning
3) Speaking of cleaning, these bags did get dirty after being tossed around by the airline. I haven't attempted to clean them since I'm concerned about the color rubbing off.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase for the price. I'm just being careful not to lay the luggage down over carpet again, and may see about having it dry-cleaned if it gets dirty enough. As for the large size of the small bag, this is a benefit in most ways as long as the airlines accept it for carry-on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Sturdy, July 9, 2013
Used it only once looks like I had it for 10 years, cheaply made, would not buy one again beware

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 23, 2013
I am SO happy with this luggage. I had to buy some really quickly when my old suitcase finally fell apart right before a long trip. I've had this luggage for about four months and have taken a few trips and used it to move, and everything has worked great. The wheels work amazing and the small and medium cases are exactly the size that I need for my typical trip length. The big case is a little too big for me- I probably won't use it much unless I take a two-week vacation- but for those who travel with a lot of stuff it's probably a good size. So far it all appears quite durable (it's survived baggage handlers with nothing broken, anyway) and I definitely think I'll get my money's worth.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst purchase. Splurge for better quality., May 7, 2014
I wanted a decent, simple set of luggage to get me through several trips a year. I didn't need all the bells and whistles of more expensive styles, as long as the brand was reliable and the pieces had sturdy handles. Well...this was the biggest waste of money. I have used the medium and small pieces on two separate occasions and both had the same issues.

Cons:
-4 wheels seem to roll slowly. Don't try to go over a bump in the sidewalk or a rocky parking lot, your bag will stop and you'll be scrambling to get going again. This sounds ridiculous because, quite frankly, it is! I've never had this issue with a 2 wheel bag before. It got to the point where I began rolling the pieces on their back two wheels just so I could keep up with my coworkers in the airport.
-Handles are NOT sturdy. I ended up using the top grip handle (vs the telescopic one) to push the bag even though it's at the wrong height simply because it was that difficult to use. It's flimsy and you feel like you're going to break it if the bag is full.
-Button to retract handle is exactly where your hand goes, so good luck making it all the way to the gate without your handle dropping down.
-This is probably the largest issue of all - there is no grip, handle, or bar at the bottom of any of these pieces. This was inconvenient with the small bag, and renders the larger bags almost unusable. It is nearly impossible to get a 50 pound bag in and out of the trunk of a car when there is nothing to grip on the bottom of the bag.

Pros:
-Like other reviewers said, the color is much different - more of a gray/purple. Way more attractive than this photo.

Bottom line - if you want crappy luggage that you'll regret buying, get this set. If you want luggage that makes your airport trip less stressful rather than more, then get something else. If it wasn't so bulky and expensive to ship back I would return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely my set!, December 29, 2012
This set worked so well for me. I took the middle piece to Ireland and Germany, this was the first time testing it. It took a beating and stood up to the test. thick fabric, not cheap looking, twirling around is my favorite- you really don't have to lift up the handle unless you're using the smaller one= so easy to just push as you walk. I used the larger luggage on my London trip, I had a hugh issue lifting the handle, Got all the way to London and it didn't work, asked someone to help and they couldn't lift it up either. I thought I was going to have to return it, but, I was determined to get this handle up, because I placed my protege bag on top, I Iike to put the handle through the carry on bag and I couldn't do this. So, with the help of my frustrations, I was able to force the handle up and was able to use it during my departure. I was pleased. haven't used the smaller one, because its kind of large for it to be the smaller size. I actually had to purchase a smaller, cheaper luggage from Ireland to serve my purpose. It is a set of quality luggage. Just be careful when you take the larger size to the airport- don't stuff it too much- they will charge you as an overlarge luggage because it'll be too heavy. The price is lovely, I'd purchase this again if I had too. I gave it a 4 because of the problem I had with the handle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only 4 trips and slightly more than a year!, June 6, 2014
I ordered this set to replace luggage that I have had for 12 years, from Disney. Our Disney luggage only started falling apart after 10 years of rigorous travel.

The large American Tourister AT Pop luggage has been on 4 trips and was purchased 14 months ago.

After our last trip, the entire frame of the luggage was bent.

The luggage was not over-filled, nor heavy and fortunately did not have anything valuable in it.

I have looked up the warranty information from American Tourister (Samsonite in the warranty verbage) and it indicates that it will not be replaced if damaged during travel.

I will try to contact them to see if it will be replaced.

Since it has been more than a month, this will also not be refunded or replaced by Amazon.

Not very happy about the prospect of purchasing another large bag for our trip in October...

I guess you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, October 30, 2012
Hanna (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This suitcase set seems to be a good value. I love how colorful these suitcases are! I purchased the blue set and it is a bright turquoise color, a bit darker than what is shown in the picture. I love the spinner wheels, they've worked perfectly so far. The set also comes with a 10-year-warranty, not mentioned in the product description. These suitcases are pretty much exactly what I expected--decent quality, works well, and I don't feel like they'll fall apart any time soon. I only have two real complaints:

1. I wish the inside had some compartments.
2. The outside is made of regular cloth, rather than the slippery, easily washable material, so on my first short trip, it already got dirty.
3. Wish they were lighter.

Overall, decent purchase and a good starter set.

3.0 out of 5 stars This bags are not the best size to buy, November 9, 2012
The 29" inches bag is a little big considering the weight that is allowed in airplanes. It woul be better that they have a 27", 25" and the 21" which is perfect

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 440 | Next ›