Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on April 24, 2013
The largest suitcase is too big to take on an airplane without an additional $100.00 charge (United Airlines). The actual size empty is 31 x 12 x 20+. (The airlines include the wheels in the measurement.) Even if it was within the size limit, it would be too heavy and there would be an additional charge for that. I used the medium suitcase and it was still over the 50 lbs allotted. If you don't plan to use it to fly, it's a great set of luggage (if you can lift the biggest one).
on June 21, 2015
They are thinner than I thought, The material feels good and the color Looks good.anyway there are very good stuff for something at this price.
review image review image
on July 8, 2015
EPIC ZIPPER FAIL with first use while vacationing in Peru. Order arrived one week before vacation and everything seemed great. Love the color! Arrived in Peru and the luggage handler at the airport had to carry my mid-sized bag out to me because the zipper failed SO miserably that the only thing holding the luggage together was the TSA lock - the zipper was completely split and off the rails. Thankfully, I had packed all of my clothes in giant Ziploc bags, or my underwear may have rained down while in-flight from Phoenix to Peru. I would LOVE to have the mid-size piece replaced but Amazon wants the original returned. Unfortunately, that worthless piece was tossed in Peru and replaced in order to keep my dignity (and underwear) in check, so I'm unsure how I can get this bag replaced or a partial refund. I'm so disappointed!
on June 5, 2013
I purchased this set for a week long trip to Las Vegas. I managed to get everything I needed (Clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc) into the 29" case and it came in at 45 pounds, which is 5 pounds less than the maximum for airline travel. The luggage itself has a very sturdy feel to both the fabric and all handles. Pull up handles work easily and are well supported. The spinning feature is fabulous! It's very easy to push this luggage along, actually easier to do this than it is to drag it behind you, but that works well too. There are two pockets on the front of the bag, nice for storing papers and other flat items. Inside has a large mesh zippered pocket, and two straps for securing items.

The bag went on 4 different planes through 3 different airports, and other than some typical scuff marks, came out without a scratch! I'm very happy with the quality of the fabric and stitching.

If I have a complaint, it is that the color of the bag is not as depicted in the picture online. The actual color is much a much darker, more muted grape than the bright purple shown on Amazon. But the darker color doesn't show dirt as much, so it worked out either way.

I have not used mid sized and small cases as of yet, but I'm sure that they will be just fine.

All in all, I am very pleased with the build quality of this luggage, and I couldn't have asked for a better set at the price I paid for it ($122). I would recommend these to anyone.
on May 27, 2015
Purchased this set after exhaustive research. Went to a bunch of stores to price luggage. These individual pieces were available from a major retailer for about $250 together. Checked other online vendors. Amazon's price was significantly lower at about $114. Looked at a bunch of other styles and brands of luggage. This set comes with a 10-year warranty. The spinner wheels are amazing and look like they will hold up well. Handles all seem sturdy, with no problems extending and retracting. Soft side handles are well sewn. Zippers all close and open easily with no catching. I'll be testing this out on a 6 hour flight across country where I'll have to change planes. If I encounter any problems, I'll post a follow-up.
One caveat - the color in the picture looks like lavendar. It's actually a deep plum color, which is fine. I just wanted something that would stand out when my bags come thru the gate. And the darker color won't show dirt as much.
Some reviewers reported strong chemical smells. Yes, it's brand new luggage, so yes it has a strong "new car" smell. If you spritz it with Febreze and air out, the smell goes away.
on December 29, 2012
This set worked so well for me. I took the middle piece to Ireland and Germany, this was the first time testing it. It took a beating and stood up to the test. thick fabric, not cheap looking, twirling around is my favorite- you really don't have to lift up the handle unless you're using the smaller one= so easy to just push as you walk. I used the larger luggage on my London trip, I had a hugh issue lifting the handle, Got all the way to London and it didn't work, asked someone to help and they couldn't lift it up either. I thought I was going to have to return it, but, I was determined to get this handle up, because I placed my protege bag on top, I Iike to put the handle through the carry on bag and I couldn't do this. So, with the help of my frustrations, I was able to force the handle up and was able to use it during my departure. I was pleased. haven't used the smaller one, because its kind of large for it to be the smaller size. I actually had to purchase a smaller, cheaper luggage from Ireland to serve my purpose. It is a set of quality luggage. Just be careful when you take the larger size to the airport- don't stuff it too much- they will charge you as an overlarge luggage because it'll be too heavy. The price is lovely, I'd purchase this again if I had too. I gave it a 4 because of the problem I had with the handle.
on June 4, 2013
Sorry folks ... this gets a one-star "I Hate It" review. Ordered the "aqua blue". Very pretty in the picture here on Amazon. Actual luggage is not aqua blue at all. It is a very DARK almost greenish color. Not light, and not blue, and not aqua. Very dark, flat, bland, ugly. Yuk. I'm very disappointed, and so is my daughter. Okay, the color aside, this luggage is extremely poor quality. There is no structure to it at all - and yet it's heavier than I would think which seems odd to me. The best I can describe it, would be some really hard cardboard covered with a thin, cheap cloth. If it were laying down flat (packed), and you were to stack the smaller packed piece on top of it, there's no way it would hold up. It would have to permanently disfigure the case (like stepping on a shoe box or something similar). The zipper and zipper pulls don't seem substantial at all, and caught a few times when trying to open and close it. The inside material looks cheap. There is one mesh zippered pocket on the lid, and that's it. There are no other pouches or compartments...just one big empty cardboard box. The "reinforcements" around the corners are useless. The bottom of both larger pieces was sagging between the wheels from where they had been nestled. Handles do not seem durable at all. I can see where others said they pulled off. Seriously doubt that they could withstand lifting packed luggage by them. These should not be considered as "expandable". This was the oddest thing I've ever seen in the way of expandable luggage. Of the four sides, the zipper starts at the bottom left, goes up and around the top, and ends at the bottom right in a U-shaped wedge sort of. So you get about an inch of expansion near the top of the case only. Very odd, and totally useless. I knew I wasn't going to get top quality for the price, but definitely expected better. These were returned the same day.
on September 17, 2013
I used this set to get me to CA and back ... everything was great! Then in July I took it to go to Denver - when I went to pick up the large suitcase at the airport - the handle would not come up! Good thing it has the 4 wheels as I could somewhat maneuver it. I don't see any visible dents in the handle casing ... yet it has never come back up again! Which meant I had to maneuver it through the airport to get back home. I took it to a shoe repair place ... and while he told me he could probably fix it with repair parts - it would be cheaper for me to buy another one! I certainly won't be buying another one of these! Very disappointed! :(
on September 13, 2013
Good quality but large piece is larger than specified. I think they dont count the wheels. Couldn't check it on Southwest airlines flight without fee.
on July 16, 2013
This is a great luggage set at a great value.

PROS:
1) Beautiful, elegant shade of purple (darker than pictured) which made it impossible to miss my luggage on the airport carousel
2) Rolls and turns effortlessly
3) Decent pocket organization

Now, for the issues which prevented a five-star rating:

CONS:
1) Smallest bag may be too big for carry-on on some airlines. I snuck by, but the bag technically exceeded the requirements.
2) Color rubbed off onto a light beige carpet when I left the bag laying down overnight after just returning from a trip. I now have a light purple patch on the carpet which will not come out with cleaning
3) Speaking of cleaning, these bags did get dirty after being tossed around by the airline. I haven't attempted to clean them since I'm concerned about the color rubbing off.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase for the price. I'm just being careful not to lay the luggage down over carpet again, and may see about having it dry-cleaned if it gets dirty enough. As for the large size of the small bag, this is a benefit in most ways as long as the airlines accept it for carry-on.