5.0 out of 5 stars Great Luggage
The luggage is light even though it is a large size. The color is beautiful. The wheels run smoothly, the handle works well. Much better than other wheeled luggage I have had before.
Published 20 months ago by Book lover Ruth

2.0 out of 5 stars Handle Twisted First Time Using it
Published 19 months ago by Leon Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Luggage, January 17, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag at a terrific price, January 20, 2013
This is a basic travel bag, nothing fancy but very sturdy and roomy. Bought the same one in royal blue five years ago, and it looks great after racking up a lot of miles. The five year old American Tourister only has a little fraying of the fabric here and there, but nothing that would detract from it's functionality. Otherwise it looks new. Husband and I take a 3 week Europe trip once a year and several domestic trips outside and so the five year old bag has been through some slamming around. Two of these American Touristers with a carry-on are all we need for long vacations, and they are easy to wheel around an airport. Was pleasantly surprised to see that it is still available. Bought the turquoise and love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked For Me, January 2, 2014
Bought this for a 6 week trip to Japan & Australia (6 weeks, 8 flight legs, about 30K miles). It was new at the start, and still looks great. A little scuffing from airline handling in a couple of places, but it travelled well.

The 25" size was perfect for me. I already had a smaller carry-on bag, and needed the larger size since we had to carry gifts, plus both late fall & early summer clothing. The 29" was bigger (and heavier) than I needed.

I wanted a 2-wheel bag that wasn't too heavy. This worked well for me. My carry-on bag sat nicely on top, against the extended handle. I had purchased a bungie cord system from Amazon for holding the bag on top, but found I didn't need it. When I had to carry my suitcase and bag (up some subway/railway stops in Japan), my right hand took the suitcase and my left hand the bag.

I zip-tied the zippers, so I could tell if anyone had opened the suitcase (no one did). And I put yellow tape around both ends of both handles, to make it easy to identify at the baggage carousel (this worked well as most suitcases are black or dark blue).

I did not need to use the extra pockets or unzipper the height extender. Everything fitted inside well (I put clothing into plastic sealable bags and squished out the air).

I used Amazon ratings to decide on which suitcase to purchase. Thnx to the many people who provided good feedback.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amer.Tourister Splash 25", May 3, 2013
A bit bulky to be lugging around but I travel by train quite a bit and it was very convenient! Held all I needed for a two week trip and I was able to pack some additional items that I purchased to bring home.It fits the size restrictions for both Amtrak and the Airlines.MANY additional pockets to slip in items that you may need to reach quickly without having to open up the suitcase. I'm happy that I purchased it and not the larger 29" size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything as advertised, January 9, 2013
Great workmanship, lots of pockets, easy to use zippers, rolls easily. Made its maiden voyage thru three airport and arrived as it left.
I would recommend it to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very lightweight, which could be both good and bad, March 18, 2013
The suitcase arrived very quickly and immediately it was clear that it is very spacious yet lightweight. The fact that it is so lightweight could be very beneficial as long as it proves to be sturdy. Currently, airlines allow you only a certain amount of carry on weight before they start charging you extra. A larger bag, such as this, could easily exceed the 50 pound limit when fully packed, but by being very lightweight, it allows you to pack more and still stay within the weight limit. My only concern with the bag is that I was surprised to discover that there is no added supports along the sides other than the cover of the bag itself. This may have been done to keep the weight down, I don't know, but I worry that it might weaken the bag. However, I should add that just a little over 2 years ago my wife and I bought 2 bags of similar size that did have added plastic liners for increased durability (and increased weight) but already those plastic liners have broken down to the point that we had to dispose of the bags and buy these. As a result, unless you spend the extra for a more expensive, heavier yet sturdier hard shelled bag, these seem the best alternative for the money. As we get a chance to use them, I will post more. For now, they seem OK considering the reasonable price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Handle Twisted First Time Using it, February 26, 2013
This review is from: American Tourister Luggage Splash 25 Upright Suitcase (Apparel)
I don't know if I should blame Jet Blue's luggage handlers or American Tourister but this was broken and made unusable the very first time I used it. The handle was stuck inside and only came out with a great deal of effort and then only halfway and twisted. Very sad. It is so pretty and really easy to distinguish from other people's luggage. I selected it based on it being very lightweight, maybe that was the problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Side handle is attached only to outer layer of fabric with no internal support., March 12, 2014
The side handle is attached only to the fabric! There is no interior support for the side handle. I have never seen a bag with such flimsy construction. The top handle is attached to internal support. Also it is abnormally wide for a 25 inch bag. While it has lots of compartments and zippers coming and going everywhere, and otherwise seems well constructed, when lifting the unpacked bag by the side handle, the single layer of fabric gives and stretches. I can see the entire side of the bag ripping when lifting it fully packed. I am sending this bag packing, back to Am Tourister. What a waste of my time, and Amazon's efforts, and I travel in a couple of days. Am Tourister should be ashamed to put their name on such a product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my set., March 20, 2013
Perfect size for when you need to pack a little of everything and plan to check a bag at the airport. I was able to pack casual clothes, work clothes, several pairs of shoes, all my bathroom essentials and appliances. Still had room to bring items back home with me. The outer most zipper broke during air travel, but I'm sure that wasn't due to poor construction. I'll keep buying from this line as I need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and sturdy, May 27, 2013
love this case, especially the lightness of it! As everyone knows, weight is a problem nowadays; so to have a case this lightweight is an added bonus!. Wish I had it the past times that I had to pay overweight charges! I would definitely recommend this 25" piece for extended stays. It held much more than I expected it to, almost as much as my 29" case.

American Tourister Luggage Splash 25 Upright Suitcase