4.0 out of 5 stars Airline Carry ON
Published 13 months ago by dian

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit under an aisle seat
[Like]
- big opening of the main compartment
- The zipper opens on the top, in the upright position
- color is pretty (I purchased purple)
[don't like]
- no shoulder strap; it's too heavy to lift with 2 short handles
- only 2 wheels; wish it came with 4 wheels
- too wide for the aisle on the plane; you gotta lift it and carry...
Published 12 months ago by Tennismama

4.0 out of 5 stars Airline Carry ON, March 5, 2013
This review is from: American Tourister Luggage Splash Wheeled Boarding Bag (Apparel)
This was a little larger than it looked online, but took my chances and took it on Allegiant airlines. This bag did fit nicely under the seat. The zippers and wheels are very smooth. Great little/big travel or overnight bag. The handle is plenty long for me 5'2". I did a lot of research and it was between the american tourister or the Olympia Women's Rolling Fashion Tote Wheeled Luggage. I am happy with my choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars American Tourister Luggage Splash Wheeled Boarding Bag, October 15, 2012
Lizaschow (DUBLIN, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for a suitcase to bring lunch and documents to the office. This suitcase is exactly what I wanted. The color is attractive, has a wide base for my lunch boxes and a special compartment for documents. More importantly, the price is affordable when you order it from Amazon. The only improvement that I would like to suggest to the manufacturer is to increase the height of the handle for at least another 3 inches.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit under an aisle seat, April 9, 2013
Tennismama (Westchester, NY) - See all my reviews
[Like]
- big opening of the main compartment
- The zipper opens on the top, in the upright position
- color is pretty (I purchased purple)
[don't like]
- no shoulder strap; it's too heavy to lift with 2 short handles
- only 2 wheels; wish it came with 4 wheels
- too wide for the aisle on the plane; you gotta lift it and carry it sideways; if it came with 4 wheels, I wouldn't have to lift it.

But more importantly, it didn't fit under the seat on Boeing 757-200 and 737-800 if you sat in an aisle seat. So I've had to ask the guy in the middle seat to switch seat with me, which he happily agreed, but I wasn't happy. I had to sit in the middle seat for the long 6 hour flight from NY to Las Vegas.

You also can't "Stuff" this bag because if it gets too fat and bulky, it becomes too tall to fit under the seat. I've had to take a few things out of the bag to make it thinner so it fit.

At the end of the day, there were more 'dislikes' than 'likes'. The reasons for dislikes were too much to ignore. The fact it doesn't fit under any seat; the fact that I can't roll it in the aisle on the plane; the fact that I have to be careful how much stuff I put in because it may not fit under the seat. It just doesn't meet the purpose, so I won't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a bag., September 20, 2013
Leapin3 (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a 17" bag for carrying ipad, medicine, etc on upcoming cruise. This was an excellent size for me to handle. I'm 65 so can't handle the heavy bags like I used too! This one is big enough I can piggyback my other carry on computer bag on top and roll both to my airplane seat and also down hall on cruise ship without having to lug one without wheels. Review on solar rose color being more like purple was spot on but I just wanted a distinctive color. Review about handle being too short seems invalid since I'm 5'9" and it's almost too tall when fully extended. Suspect other person didn't get full extension when they reviewed it. I'm also fine with zipper across top of main section because of the stuff I'll be stuffing into that part of bag. Also loved side pocket which is plenty big for my manila folder of cruise documents, airline info, etc. Also loved 10 year warranty that comes with American Tourister luggage. Just a well made bag for my needs.

OK. I field tested this bag on 18 day cruise through Panama Canal Zone. Used it on Delta plane and commuter. I had to carry it sideways on Delta plane and checked it before boarding commuter plane. Really happy with this bag. It's light enough for me to easily put in overhead storage and side pocket was terrific for carrying flight/cruise documents, passport, and paperback reading book. I placed my wife's carry-on bag (no wheels) on top of my carry-on for rolling through airport as well as in line at cruise terminal while she carried my ipad case which was very light. She's probably going to get her one before we travel again. Great Bag!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good basic bag, June 5, 2012
but.. it either could have had minimally adjustable carrying straps or just a few added inches to the straps. Sometimes, in close quarters it is more secure and efficient to have it on your shoulder rather than dragging behind for people to kick and/or trip over. A shoulder carry would also give you a hands free option. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward. I like the fact that it is not junked up with a rabbit warren of zippers and compartments. Also not having an overall rigid frame gives you some ability to stuff it into an otherwise unforgiving space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great price, December 4, 2012
This is a great bag. Very well constructed and a really great price. Unfortunately however, the bag is so spacious and so roomy that it ended up being a little "big" for my particular needs. If you fly on small commuter planes found at the smaller airports, this bag will probably be too big to fit under the seat ahead of you (and those tiny planes have virtually no overhead bin storage). So, even though I loved the quality and pricing of the bag, I returned it (would not have used it). The return process was super-easy. All I had to do was make a request for return, slap on the pre-paid UPS return label that was supplied, and take the package to a UPS drop off. Two business days later, my card was credited for the full purchase price. Great no-hassle customer service in the return process. I will look for a smaller bag on the Amazon site, very pleased with their customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to lift and fit in plane overheads, July 5, 2013
I used this bag recently for a week long trip from Florida to Montreal - then on to Maine. It easily packed about 5 days worth of clothes and toiletries and a couple pairs of shoes. I had no troubles with any of the zippers - but the handle was a bit wobbly.

I like the size of this bag - I'm a smaller woman 5'2" and it was pretty easy to handle and place in the plane's overhead bins by myself. The wheels easily made it over the plane's threshold and it stood by itself without tipping over. If the handle had felt sturdier I would have given it a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits great in the overhead. Great bag. Wheels roll great. Adjustable Tunnel Handle is easy to use., February 1, 2013
It is a great carry on! The width is great to get you down the aisle of the aircraft without banging into the seats. Wheels roll great on the carpet of the aircraft. I love the color. The outside zipper compartment is great. Durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, November 24, 2012
What a great bag. Its super roomy and the zipper and handles are sturdy and strong. I was impressed with the quality and the price. I found that same bag at a box store for double the price. I'm very happy!

3.0 out of 5 stars American Tourister (Splash) - Pros & Cons, February 27, 2014
I ordered the black A.T. Splash and here are some of my Pros and Cons
Pros - (1) bag seems strong and durable (2) the wheels offer a smooth roll (3) the exterior fabric seems strong enough to handle the elements of traveling

Cons - (1) there is no proper lining in the bag (2) the handle doesn't seem sturdy (3) the exterior isn't as firm and square as shown in in the picture. It's more like a duffle bag on wheels (4) there is no strap inside to secure your clothes from rolling around

Overall, it's a good bag for the price, but you might want to consider the American Tourister Ilite version if you want a more versatile bag. It has a compartment for a laptop and additional compartments to keep your personal items organized. Also, the cost is only a few dollars more than this bag.

ARRAY(0xa9b4fa98)