Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: American USA Flag Retro 80's Sunglasses Classic America Patriotic Classic Sunglasses Eyewear by Shaderz
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: multicoloured|Lens Width: 52 mm|Change

on May 23, 2015
You get what you pay for. I ordered them for a race as a novelty. The stripes are not printed straight, and there are scratches in the paint, but they'll do. Needless to say, the perfect item pictured is not what I received. :(
review image
on January 4, 2016
These sunglasses are pretty cute. I have plenty of plain sunglasses so it's nice to have something with a little flair. When I first opened the package my 7 year old daughter said, "Those are beautiful. They look like tiger stripes. Can I have them?"

I have a hard time picking out sunglasses because I never like how they fit. I was especially concerned about ordering them without being able to try them on first. I was pretty excited to find that they fit my face perfectly. The most important thing is that they sit right at the spot on the very top of my nose where I like my sunglasses to sit. The contour of the glasses make it so the bottoms and the inner nose pieces don't press into my eye area, which is a very common problem for me. The size and shape of the lenses also allows for the perfect amount of coverage without looking too big.

This time of year I wear sunglasses anytime I'm driving during the day. The tint of the glasses is great at blocking out the sun without making things too dark. I also noticed that the hinges that hold the ear pieces to the glasses are pretty springy. Not only does that allow for the glasses to fit people with various head sizes, they feel like they're less likely to break if they get pulled on.

I am notorious for losing sunglasses so I can never have too many. For the price and quality I would happily buy multiple styles of these Shaderz sunglasses as well as highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good pair of sunglasses.

I received this item at a discount in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts are my own and have not been influenced.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 5, 2016
I love the Retro 80's Appearance of these Well Constructed Shaderz Classic Tortoise Brown Sunglasses!
For those who appreciate measurements, the Molded Plastic Frames measure 5 3/4" Across the Top of the Frame from Ear Stem to Ear Stem.
The Non-Polarized, Plastic Lenses measure 1 3/4" deep x 2 3/16" wide. They are Secured in place by 1/8" of molded plastic framing.
There is 1 1/2" of space at the widest point between the lenses, with a gradual decrease to 5/8" across the bridge of the nose.
The Molded Plastic Nose Pads measure 3/8" x 3/4" and feature a Smoothly Polished Surface, as does the Entire Plastic Frame.
The Sturdy Spring Hinges which connect the Stems to the Main Portion of the Frame allow for a Lot of leeway for those with larger heads to be able to wear them comfortably. I like that the Spring is completely encased within the ear stem, so there is only a tiny bit of the metal hinge exposed when the ear stems are expanded to their widest point.
Ear Stems measure 5 5/8" in length with the widest portion being 1/2" in width. They are molded with a curve at the portion that rests on ears and turned in at the ends just enough to hug my head and keep them in place when I am active.
What I especially love about these Shaderz Classic Tortoise Brown Retro 80's Sunglasses is how dark the lenses are.
Although some glare still gets through, as they are non-polarized plastic lenses, they do a nice job of keeping the sunlight from hurting my light sensitive eyes.
As someone who has undergone eye surgery in the past and lives in Florida where the sun shines pretty much daily, I also appreciate the UV 400 Protection they offer.
I received mine at a reduced cost in exchange for offering my honest, unbiased opinion and would highly recommend them!
on July 7, 2014
These were the best USA flag wayfarers I could find especially for the price. I would recommend these sunglasses to all.

If you are looking for USA flag wayfarers, be careful. A lot of the other glasses were "clear" where the white is supposed to be. These glasses had the actual red, white, and blue.
on August 25, 2015
I bought these for a music festival. They're not the best sunglasses I've ever worn, but they did the job of not letting me go blind, and I looked like a total American badass. fast shipment, and cheap.

The only con is that my pet bald eagle really likes them too and keeps on stealing them. Might have to order another set.
on February 9, 2016
I used to have an awesome pair of sunglasses that looked exactly like the Retro 80's Classic Tortoise Brown Shaderz but, ended up sitting on them too many times over the years I had them. So, when I was given the opportunity to review what I believed to be the same sunglasses I favorited years ago in exchange for my honest review I was happy to have them back on my face.

Until I got near any light...
The lens themselves are dark enough and are able to filter light appropriately as to not be blinded.
But, the frames refract the light and make the light brighter and blind me with how bright it is.

The picture I attached is just inside: no flash, nothing. Just straight soft glow office lights. As you can see the frames line the lens in a brighter light. Imagine outside now even with indirect sunlight it is extremely bright. These frame my eyes with it and I cannot honestly see.

Now, I do have green eyes which absorb light differently than dark eyes. Darker pigmentation absorbs light at a slower rate. Lighter pigmentation immediately takes in the light at almost a jabbing in your eye socket rate. Best analogy I got. I took my kids to the park and had to take them off because the sunlight was darker with them off.

Solidly built though and they can withstand a drop or two (already tested out... thanks kids).

I received the 80's retro sunglasses at a discount in exchange for my honest review. Nostalgia aside; these are going to be solely for cloudy days.
review image
on February 19, 2016
These glasses are comfortable, feel durable, and have a good design. They fit my face perfectly. My wife likes the look of them, so that settles it for me.

I received these at a discount in exchange for an honest review.
on May 19, 2016
These sunglasses by Shaderz are functional and stylish for anyone who wears sunglasses on a regular basis. These glasses come individually packaged to keep them clean in storage. These are very high quality sunglasses and will work great for anyone. These are easy to use and sold at a very affordable price.

I enjoy that they come in different colors. It gives a little added style to an already useful item. They are well made and ready to use. One of the biggest problems with some sunglasses is they are cheaply made and do not last. That is not the case with these sunglasses.

Overall, these are a very good quality item, and I would recommend them to anyone in search of high quality sunglasses at an affordable price. 5 Stars!!!!!

I purchased this product at a slightly discounted price as part of an off-amazon promotion in exchange for an honest unbiased review. I have spent my own time testing and evaluating the product, and the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Did you find this review helpful? I spend a great deal of time evaluating products to help potential buyers just like you. Please click the “yes” button below to up-vote my review and let me know I was helpful. Thank you.
on January 10, 2016
I like these Shaderz classic tortoise brown retro sunglasses BUT I feel they are a little too wide for my head. I think if you have a small head that they would definitely be too big for that person. Usually when I get brown sunglasses they aren't dark enough for me. I love how these have black lenses instead of brown ones!

I feel that they are very nicely made and will withstand my constant abuse of being put into my purse and dropped constantly. I won't put them to the toddler test at this time because he usually just breaks my sunglasses in half. But if he does end up getting his hands on them and not instantly breaking them I will update to add that as well.

I think they do a great job in blocking the BRIGHT sun. I love having dark sunglasses because I have such a sensitivity to bright sun.. Even on cloudy overcast days I wear my sunglasses!

**Disclaimer: I received this item at a discount in exchange for my testing, inspecting and reviewing it. I received no compensation for my review and always give my honest and unbiased opinion of each product. My words and the rating I provided are my own and are based on my own personal experience with this item. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in comments and I will do my best to answer them for you.If this review was helpful to you please answer yes.
on March 24, 2016
These are really good pair of "cheap" sunglasses. I mean what can I really say about them that you probably wouldn't already have an idea about? They are very light weight and have a very classic and timeless design. These are cheap sunglasses in the sense that they really don't cost a lot of money and but I wouldn't call them cheap in the sense of being fragile and easily breakable. Although if you don't take care of them I am sure they will break. And more expensive ones can be broken just as easily as these. The hinges are designed so that the part that goes over your ears can be opened wide and should make them last longer.

In one of the pictures I have provided I show two pairs of sunglasses side by side. One pair are the shaderz sunglasses and the other is just happens to be a pair I bought in some shopping area in Brooklyn. These sunglasses are near identical but the shaderz pair was priced a bit cheaper. Overall these sunglasses are probably exactly what you would expect them to be a cheap cool looking pair of sunglasses to wear when the sun is out.

*I have received this product at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review*