Most helpful critical review
19 of 20 people found the following review helpful
I really hate to do this...
on July 13, 2011
I love the Samantha Moon series. I'm one of those people who have bought into the terrific cliffhanger endings the author as created and I want very badly to read more of the spin-off series he seems to be creating with the addition of each new character. I do agree that Fang is creepy -- I want Samantha to realize this too and I hope she will in time as one of J.R. Rain's upcoming plots. So why did I only give this book 2 stars? I was desperately reading to get to the end of the book to find out what happens and the author leaves us Kindle readers hanging at 88% of the book's completion. Wonder what the other 12% of the book is? It's the free samples of nearly ALL HIS OTHER KINDLE BOOKS! This was annoying in the second book and equally annoying now in the 3rd one. I understand not everyone reads a book or watches a movie like I might, but I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm the only person who enjoys a mystery, gauging the pages left, the minutes left, the percent of file left, to continually readjust my thoughts on who did what and try to figure out what will happen next. That's a lot of the pleasure in reading this genre. If the book winds down at 85% it's like someone screaming "April's Fool!"
The publisher, author, Amazon, whoever that decided filling the end of the book up with all this repeated material is doing a disservice to the Samantha Moon series. At $3.99 for the books, I still feel like I had a good read, but it really is annoying to know that the end of the book I'm reading is "bottom" heavy with marketing material. Amazon's search technology makes it easy to find the author's other works. I don't need the first chapter of every single one thrown into the end of all his books that I'm buying.
To the powers-that-be, please stop doing this.