4.0 out of 5 stars AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS REVIEW
Published on November 22, 1999 by Alex Aaron Rapkin

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a sequel just another werewolf movie
For those that waited all these years for a sequel to the classic American Werewolf in London, the wait is not over.

Published on December 5, 2005 by Movie Mania

4.0 out of 5 stars AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS REVIEW, November 22, 1999
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
This movie is one of the greatest werewolf tales of all time! An american teenager, visiting Paris, discovers a remarkable girl and falls in love. It turns out that she is actually only a girl by day and a bloodthirsty wolf by night, but only on nights with a full moon... The boy gets caught up with her werewolf friends and when he is bitten by his lover while trying to escape from her, he finds out that he has become a werewolf himself! Amazing special effects and an exciting plot make this one of the greatest werewolf movies of all time! An age old story set in the present, with all of the problems of a teenager combined! Brilliant!
BUY THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good movie., April 25, 2001
"gerhalt" (Bluefield, WV.) - See all my reviews
First off, if you expect to see anything about David Kessler and Jack Goodman (The main characters in "An American Werewolf in London") don't watch this. It has nothing to do with any of those characters. It is it's own movie and having said that, let me add it's pretty good too. Although the f/x in "London" were much better as was the story, this still holds it's own. It has lot's of genuine scares as well as laughs, the f/x were o.k. too (Although Rick Baker should have been called back in.) If you are looking for a movie that doesn't make fun of the whole genre like the "Howling" sequels did, you will like this one. I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a sequel just another werewolf movie, December 5, 2005
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)

American adventurers looking for thrills across Europe decide to bungy jump from the Eiffel Tower. But there is a beautiful woman who is going to commit suicide by jumping. One of the boys jumps to her rescue. But her secret is she is a werewolf and accidentally infects him.

Well, it turns out that there is a pack of werewolves in Paris and they feed on Americans. (Let's talk obvious stereotyping.) While at times it is good (especially when Julie Delpy is on screen).

Don't waste your time watch the original!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm dispointed, November 25, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
I'm dispointed. "An American Werewolf in Paris" didn't make sense. I saw things that didn't add up. But "An American Werewolf in London" is very good and my favorite. I like "An American Werewolf in London" better than "An American Werewolf in Paris".

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst movie I have ever seen, January 28, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
This is it. The absolute all time cham-peen worst movie I have ever seen. How bad you may ask? There is NOTHING redeeming about this movie. This movie self-destructs on so many levels it makes a critical analysis difficult. I mean it. It's not even "so stupid it's funny" like "Deep Blue Sea" or "The Fast and the Furious". This movie makes "Beavis & Butthead" look like "Citizen Kane". At the end of the movie I just wanted to cry because I had lost two hours of my life. I wouldn't even recommend anyone watch it to see just how bad it is. It is that bad. You will lose IQ points watching this movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars A so-so sequel with some good effects, November 17, 2004
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
Being a big fan of the John Landis original I decided to give this movie a chance and sat down with some popcorn and soda and hit "play." Moments later I was shaking my head and pondering switching to one of my favorite television shows.
This movie is a pale imitation of the original `American Werewolf in London' and I imagine that the director of that 1981 classic John Landis was none to pleased to be associated with this production (in the credits it refers to using characters from the original).
Right from the get-go we can tell though that whereas the original had a wicked dry streak of humor to it (one of the tracks was `Blue Moon') this one is instead going to take a more slapstick approach.
As the movie begins we join three American friends who are on a round Europe trip taking a series of daredevil stunts. Being obviously hormone driven (they all eye-up a French girl on the train and discuss how European girls are more sophisticated), I would venture a guess they would feel quite at home in a Farrelly brothers production. Upon arrival in the French capital they sneak onto the Eiffel Tower at night and as one of them prepares to bungee jump off the top some quick thinking allows the hapless hero to save a girls life.
Left with only the girls shoe the three track down the girl down after which time they discover her deep secret.
This may be some people's idea of a great or fun movie. Personally though it was not mine and afterwards I did switch to watch Prue, Piper and Phoebe battle demons and warlocks.
One bright spot this movie does have is some pretty nifty werewolf effects

1.0 out of 5 stars An American Discgrace in the Discount Video Bin, August 12, 2005
Ray Shaffer (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
This film sucked harder than a boatload of whores during shore leave. I originally saw it for free and afterwards, I still felt screwed. It stank so badly that I checked the soles of my sneakers on my way out of the theatre. Yeah, I know. Call me "Mister Tact".

A "horror-comedy" that's neither slightly funny nor remotely scary, this film is a supposed sequel to the 1981 horror classic "An American Werewolf in London", (which is possibly the best werewolf film ever made). The filmakers had a lot to live up to and, boy, they blew it in every department. The effects were ludicrous, the cast was lost, the script was bathroom tissue with identity issues, and the director should have been shot (with something other than lots of narcotics). This film is a textbook example of the Hollywood machine clanking its way through a total goatscrew.

If you have already been suckered into buying this DVD, I feel your pain. You are undoubtedly now using it as a coaster for a Heineken or as a tool to chisel old dingleberries out of your asscrack.

1.0 out of 5 stars That was supposed to be scary?, August 17, 1999
By A Customer
Well, this was dissapointing. I can't believe people actually make movies like this. I am so tired of the teen horror genre. Think about all of those movies( Faculty, I Know What You Did Last Summer ) and you realize that none of them are any good. This in particular, wastes a story with actual potential, and turns it into some tiresome comedy farce. I think that the movies need to be directed back to genuine horror. ( Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Halloween) This movie has nothing redeemable about it. It uses plot sequences from movies like, From Dusk Till Dawn and The Howling and turns it into a very low-grade, unprofessional movie aimed solely to make money. Wich it hasn't done. Steer clear of this turkey.

1.0 out of 5 stars Director's Sophomore outing is not up to snuff, July 31, 2003
Anthony Waller took the helm of American Werewolf in Paris on the success of his wildly amazing film "Mute Witness". Everything about "Mute Witness" was wonderful. It was riveting and an edge-of-your-seat thriller.
American Werewolf in Paris is just the opposite. I wanted to like this film, because I was nuts about Waller's first film. Here, however, the director, the producer, or the studio - or all three [messed] this film up horribly. The story-line is pitifully infantile - which Werewolf in London wasn't. Further the CGI werewolves are so badly created that they look not unlike cartoon characters (similar to Roger Rabbit).
I hope and pray we get better results from Waller again and that his brilliance isn't just lightning in a bottle.
Don't bother!

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 STARS: And this movie really, really, really deserves 0 stars!!, February 28, 2005
HorrorMan "HM" (The Marsten House) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An American Werewolf in Paris (DVD)
"An American Werewolf in Paris" is quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever observed. Don't even try to compare this to the classic "An American Werewolf in London". This movie is about as scary as "The Naked Gun", the acting is pathetic and the plot for this movie is horrible...I can not even bear to rehash it to you. There is nothing creepy or remotely scary about this movie...it is just plain stupid.

Also, the werewolves in this movie look like some kind of a joke. I tried to keep an open mind, but basically, I could barely finish this movie and the best thing about it was when it was over and I did not have to watch anymore. Total waste of time. I mean basically, this movie is a total "ZERO" and my recommendation to you is not to even think of wasting your time on this flick.

An American Werewolf in Paris
An American Werewolf in Paris by Anthony Waller (DVD - 1998)
$9.99 $6.85