It is time for American voters to insist on truth and integrity in our leaders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2012 6:09:52 AM PST
Before I read Andy Andrews' book "How Do You Kill 11 Million People?" I thought I knew exactly what it was about. I was right, of course, but I was wrong, too. I knew the events, but I didn't understand the strategy that made them work. Andy opened my eyes to the "baby step" strategy that makes a big lie work so well.
I feel I am being lied to by my leaders every day. For example, I know very well that when the president called Sandra Fluke and sympathized with her after the uproar surrounding her testimony, he wasn't calling to comfort her nearly as much as he was calling to divert the attention of voters away from his violation of the First Amendment. Just as the Nazis turned the Jews' fear away from the Nazis toward Russion soldiers, our president is turning our fears away from the First Amendment toward contraception. Nobody wants to keep people who want contraception from getting it. But everybody who values our freedom of religion fears government suppression of religion. Our political leaders are suppressing religion and diverting political discourse away from that constitutional violation.
What other lies are they perpetrating by diverting our attention to nonsensical non-problems?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
How Do You Kill 11 Million People?: Why the Truth Matters More Than You Think
How Do You Kill 11 Million People?: Why the Truth Matters More Than You Think by Andy Andrews (Hardcover - December 26, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (620)