• Shows the connections between our increasing personal anxiety about sex and America's increasingly flawed and dangerous public policies relating to sexuality
• Exposes the hypocrisy of "conservative" religious and political movements, and reveals how their claims about protecting Americans hide a different—and dangerous—agenda
• Includes a powerful introduction by Nadine Strossen, beloved and longtime leader of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
• Provides an entertaining and enlightening read filled with witty analysis and fearless, fact-based commentary
• Includes over 400 footnotes documenting Klein's observations and descriptions
• Presents relevant, timely information for both lay readers and professionals in the fields of law, medicine, social science, education, and psychology
"Klein's careful work torpedoing the erotophobic war against sex had to be done, and he did it well."
Journal of Sex Research
"I really loved this well-documented and well-written book. For anyone with any affection for sexual privacy, sexual literacy, and sexual choices, this book is a must-read."
Dr. Pepper Schwartz, Past President Society for the Scientific Study of Sex