Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.89 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Coloring, Orange, .75 oz
|Price:||$5.06 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Soft gel paste is an effective coloring system
- It's consistent from batch to batch; certified kosher and made in the U.S.A
- It has coloring strength superior to any other food color
- It will not separate or weep and does not harden
- The base ingredients allow the color to disperse immediately so you actually use less color
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I've read all the reviews and I'd say that most of the reviews of 3 stars and below are out of ignorance. People either don't know how to use them, what to expect or how to mix different colors to get the desired effect.
1) Colors become more intense over time so it's easy to overdo it and come out with the wrong color. When working with royal icing for example, color your icing and wait before using to let the color develop. This is especially helpful for blacks, reds etc… If you can wait 24 hrs, you will know the final results for sure before getting up to your elbows in alligators with your project.
2) Americolor and Wilton do their best to come up with "true" colors but often additional mixing is required. Don't be surprised if you feel the need to add additional colors to change the hue or brightness (black, white and ivory are great tools for this purpose). Just the way it goes. Also, don't expect the correct color if you over do it, back to #1.
3) These colors are incredibly concentrated so don't be depressed over the small size! If a recipe is calling for an ounce of color (think velvet cakes) I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they are talking about a liquid.
4) If you're having trouble getting the right depth for dark colors like red and black for example, try adding cocoa powder to achieve the desired effect. Almost every baker has it in the cupboard, just go easy.
If all else fails, do some research! There is so much information available from food bloggers and company webpages that no one should feel completely left in the dark.
get right on it and send out the right color. I have not used it yet - I bought it for special cupcakes
for an event in a few days. I'll add to the review when we have actually used the product.
I did want to mention, though, for those who think this might be a really great deal - the bottle
you see in the photo is NOT the bottle you are purchasing. You are getting one of the very small (under 3" tall)
drop bottles, not one of the large ones shown in the photograph. I wanted to point that out, because for people who
are only looking at the photos, it is misleading. Not sure why some sellers feel the need to be sneaky, but
I guess they try for more sales that way.
I'll be back to review the actual gel once we are done with the project.
Just don't expect the big bottle when you purchase from this listing.
Well, I am now a HUGE fan of the gel coloring!
It worked like a dream, gave us a beautiful frosting that looked like black leather (but soft).
No purples or blues, no weird shades - just great color.
Now I will probably have to get more colors, because with these, I might start decorating cupcakes again!
I am adding a photo of our cookout cupcakes that we used the frosting for... it all looked great!
I don't know that I would call it a paste, and its barely a gel but it is of a thicker consistency than the food color drops I've used in the past. However the color was spot on for my blue meth candy!
I imagine if you're looking for a coloring that is of a gel or paste consistency its because you maybe don't want to thin out a frosting or icing too much with something liquidy and while this is not thick, I think the concentrated vibrancy of the color would require less than regular coloring and so it should be ok.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just the color I was looking for! And it doesn't leave the bitter aftertaste that many of the red colors are notorious for!Published 5 hours ago by Hope Gardner
I use Americolor gel coloring all the time and it is great! I really like this dusty pink color. I've attached some photos of cookies I made with this color so you can see what it... Read morePublished 3 days ago by C. Taylor
I bought the food coloring for a wedding cake using cream cheese frosting. It took a bit of coloring to get the color I wanted but I believe because of the type of frosting it took... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Panster
This brand of gel paste food coloring is awesome. In my opinion way better then wiltons food coloring! It also is a very reasonable price. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Heidi suggs