Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on December 9, 2010
I am an avid deer hunter and have tried many ground blinds. I started off with the Ameristrip Mountaneer material not the best and many leaky holes from the stitching. Not bad for the price.
Rated 7 out of 10

Next I bought the Ameristep Brickhouse. Material pretty much the same as the Mountaineer, with the same stiching problems.
Also 7 out of 10

I figured what the heck I would go for the top of the line and order the Intimidator 2. Wow was that a BIG mistake very nice sturdy material lots of little extra's with the hanger, orange tabs fold out tray. Then you get to the windows with all them damn zippers,. There are about a dozen windows that have zippers when they are open you have all the screens with zippers that the tabs are placed tightly behind the inside hub poles. VERY VERY difficult to get at takes about 10 minutes to get them all open. At 5am in the dark would be a real challenge.
Rated 4 out of 10

Then I hit the jackpot. The Ameristep Bone Collector I got it and set it up in the basement. Material Very sturdy, silent when brushed door zipper good, window all open with elastic straps on tabs mesh has shoot through holes that are actuall the right hieght. Set up 30 sec. take down 30 sec. I was so impressed I just ordered another one From Amazon @ $134.99.
I Rated this Blind a 10 out of 10

That's just my opinion folks Happy Hunting (I am now a happy hunter)

Clint V.
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
on October 5, 2012
Adding review after owning this blind for over a year.

I've used it deer and turkey (mostly turkey) hunting in Wisconsin in soybean, corn and marsh grass locations. Easy to set-up but do it a few times at home before going to the field. Here is a link to the manual and follow for great results on set-up and take down. Also search the web as several videos on this as well showing set-up and take down. Took me a few tries to take down but online video set me in order. Manual: [...]

I like the larger size as I take my kids hunting with me and they can move around easily. Turkey hunting lots of room for gear as well. I use a primo hunting chair but openings allow about any chair and black is best (your cloths as well if hunting turkey as no need for Camo in a blind, but black to avoid your movement from been seen if too many windows are open).

I just purchased some felt to cover up parts of the windows not needed. Example for turkey I set up looking South on a great spot, however because turkeys can come from the east or west of me I need to have the east window open. I am going to use felt (which sticks nicely to the velcro used by the netting in the window) to block out the height that isn't needed. This will avoid extra light from shining into the blind. I didn't have a problem with it, but with kids movement is a given so trying to be extra careful.

Windows have "T" closures and have velcro camo netting. I didn't want velcro windows as the noise opening up is a deal breaker, and this unit has the best of both worlds as the netting is velcro doubling as blackout for the felt is great. I would have prefered magnet closure on the windows, but this has worked out nearly as well

I haven't needed the roof vent, but using other blinds from friends in the past on late spring turkeys a vent is a nice thing to have just in case.

Build seems to be of very good quality and I purchased this after careful use one time with my brothers lower quality blind the straps to secure to the ground easily ripped out. I have had no issues setting up and taking down with this unit. I don't keep a blind up for months on end and fully expect this blind to last 10 yrs with my easy use on it.

This past spring my Dad came with me to set-up and the time to pull out of the gator to being done was minutes. Took longer to fill it with my gear then to set-up. I do recommend using the hub tie downs in case of windy conditions or you leave your blind out for a while, but I have used it w/o these many times and the 4 internal and w/o any tie downs stays put if some wind brake.

Backpack storage bag works great and plenty of room to fit back into case. I'd keep the box and store it when not in use as it fits w/o any problems unlike many items you purchase that never can fit back. Adds additional protection while stored.

Happy Hunting

Felt was cut and very very quiet to move it. I replaced the screen with the black felt and this really helps cover what isn't needed and see what is. Now instead of having 1/2 the window open I can cover up the top/bottom or both so I only have what is needed open. Very quiet to move so now my son can move around w/o getting us noticed by the wildlife. Blind is still like new, no problems with zipper or windows. The Velcro with felt is a very nice addition and didn't take very long to cut. I used the screen as the template and added extra allowance to make it easier to cover w/o having to be perfect.
on November 28, 2011
I purchased this great blind to use in my bird photography. It has a strong construction that resists wind and rain. It is quiet, even when the wind buffets it. I think the hub design and the pop-out out sides keep the fabric more taut than some other blinds I have seen in the sporting goods stores. So there is little if any movement of the sides: a real plus since birds are skittish around movement.

In practice, I sit inside less than 6 feet from the song birds without spooking them. The ninja black interior is great for hiding in plain sight. I also like the vertical windows that allow me to place my camera high or low within the blind. The camo netting/mesh is very effective. That same interior also heats up once the sun hits it in the early morning. This is a comfortable blind to use on a cool/cold fall or winter day because of that. However, I figure I will leave open some windows in the summer to keep cool.

As an added feature, I purchased the Ameristep Blind Wall Shelf. It has three shelves, a cup holder, and mesh on the back and sides to keep things on the shelf. It hangs on any free wall within the blind.
on January 9, 2013
I ordered model 3297. What I got was a box labeled 3297 with a model 2290 inside. No roof vent, no side flaps. The 2290 model is available elsewhere for $35 less than this model. The carrying case is also torn on this and one area of the netting has a hole in it. I'd send it back but I need and want the blind now and I don't want the hassle of taking it down and waiting for a new one that would probably have the same issue. Very disgusted with this purchase.
on December 15, 2011
This is probably the best "pop-up" "hub" style blind I could find for the money. it has lots of room for me and my 5 year old son and the windows allow for very nice unobstructed veiw. The dark interior helps hide any movements and being able to be down and out of the wind while staying dry is great. It is eazy to set up and take down. And it worked really great this season, letting me and him sit and hunt for several hours with out spooking the white-tails we were hunting.
on October 3, 2011
Easy to set up and the material and quality are good. Blends in well with tbe background and the windows allow for adequate views towards the front. One piece of advice is do not shoot a mechanical broadhead through the shoot-through netting because it can cause the broadhead to prematurely deploy and possibly deflect your shot.
on May 3, 2011
I finally had the chance to try out the blind while turkey hunting.

I like the many features such as the long thin corner windows (they need ties at the bottom
of all windows)and would work quieter with magnets on the screens. At the time of purchase
I couldnt get replacement screens still don't know if availiable.

The small peek-a-boo windows work nicely neer the back door. The gun ports should have
cover flaps to keep out buggs and conceal the openings from close in Toms.

It's tricky to setup the first time (you could brake something if not carefull).

The size is a bit too small it would be better if it was 6 inches longer 6 inches wider
and 6 inches taller it's just a little tight (too small for two). That includes the doorway
just a bit small. This is working with a bow...a smoke pole could be trickey with a tripod.

I tended to sit in the corner for better bow swing. Exelent 180 shooting for turkey (you must
Keep your movement hidden...not too many windows open to keep shadow movement to a minimum.)

I love the thick fabrick inside and out, I love the camo pattern. It seemed to be rain tight without seam sealer.

Exterior is non glair, interior is Ninga Black, the bottom flap could be longer and the zipper tabs
and pulls could be longer. The vent top would work better with full two peace top and full open panel design.

Setup was easy and stood up to a stiff breeze...hardly moved...panels were tight no game
spooking movement. The cary pack is great, nice job there, stakes are small but work.

In general I liked the popup but would just love it if it were 6X6X6 inches larger and had a bottom removable panel
and a full vent top with open panel.

I payed under $150 it's worth that, but not the full price.

Tim from MichiganGenji Sports Pop Up Outdoor Family Tent
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2011
Great blind, this is the second one i've bought. The first cost me $30 more since i didn't buy it on amazon. Overall great construction, easy setup and tear down. Already got a buck and a doe out of this, one with a PSE Crossbow and another was with a Diamond compound bow, can't wait for start of rifle season!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
"Warning" "Warning" "Warning, UPS Just dropped this blind off at my House, IT IS NOT THE ONE PICTURED!!!!!!!!!!!, No TOP VENT, NO BOTTOM SKIRT, AND CAMO PATTERN IS WRONG, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
on January 6, 2013
After much research (reading product info and customer reviews) I purchased the Ameristep 3297 ground blind. It arrived the other day and I set it up in my living room; it took about a minute or two to set up and about a minute to take down. Very easy and it could be done faster...this was the first time I have ever set up a ground blind. Plenty of room for two hunters. I am 5'6 and can stand up in the center of the blind. There are plenty of openings and vent is a nice feature. There is a row of loops near the top of the blind and another row of loops all the way around the blind toward the one can add natuarl vegitation to further conceal the blind. As long as the blind holds up to hunting use, it will remain a 5-star in my book. Happy Hunting!