on September 11, 2012
The picture shows a blue guard under the hammer's head.
The description says "-w/Handle Guard.-With cushion grip.-"

But all I got was a hammer with a hickory handle and without the guard. The polymer guard is supposed to protect the hickory wood in case some debris hits the handle instead of the metal head.
I had sent it back to Amazon but the replacement which I received was missing the guard too. Both hammers had the right article number printed on them. So either its an old model or a new and "improved" version, or people remove the guards before they send them back to Amazon and then Amazon resells them without checking if the product is 100% fine.

Since I have to start my destructive work soon I would not send it back a second time. I will attempt to protect the handle myself by wrapping some rope around it or fix a piece of plastic pipe wit some duct ape.
on May 6, 2014
Looked like a good deal, but it did not have the blue throat guard as shown. Without the guard, as few misses while hitting a metal wedge, pipe, rod, etc will result in broken wood. Pretty soon the head will be loose and you'll need a new handle.
on July 23, 2015
Not as pictured but a good hammer all the same.
on September 28, 2007
Wanna know how good this hammer works? Ask Shawn Michaels, Umaga, Big Show, Bill Goldberg, or Vince McMahon!

As used by Triple H, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, recently on the WWE brand tlevision show "Monday Night Raw," this hammer provides a great deal of success to your work. Good for redecorating and stress relief as well.

This is the hammer that could change your career and give you rewards beyond your wildest dreams. Search Amazon for some of these success stories: Triple H 'That Damn Good,' 'DX New and Improved,' 'Summerslam 2002,' 'No Mercy 2002,' and 'Summerslam 2003.' These are DVDs which showcase the proper pride, use, and respect a tool like this deserves.

After one use you too will give the euphoric and mesmerizing thanks by peering into your hammer's eyes before making memories with the EXTRA powerful slam provided by True Temper.

Thank you True Temper and I appreciate the quality and dependable value of this sledge. Nothing says satisfaction like winning the World Heavyweight Championship. Unless its taking down a thug like Umaga or Goldberg. Good luck shopping!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question