Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Among Wild Horses: A Portrait of the Pryor Mountain Mustangs
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

86%
14%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 19, 2006
I have never read a book like this....where the pictures and the text are SO linked and pertinent to each other. Each word of each sentence flows so evenly and beautifully. The photos were exquisite and were full of impact. The story of horses in the wild...living the way God meant for them.....is SO dramatic and tragic at the same time. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to observe the Pryor Mountain Mustang's daily life myself. This is also a story of how people and politics, past and present, have done such a horrible job in preserving our heritage..... as illustrated with these wonderful, wild and ancient horses. Luckily, there are a few caring people, like the author Lynne Pomeranz, who are able to open the eyes of other caring people with books such as this one.
on September 24, 2006
While first perusing and then going back to carefully read this incredible pictoral essay of these magnificent animals, I felt awe and respect for both the animals and their resilience in nature.

The photos evoked in me curiousity and want to see these animals, but also tremendous admiration for the sensitive work of Photographer Lynner Pomeranz. For in her gentle way, we see the texture, color and beauty and the plight of one of the last wild herds of stallions. To see the rugged environment in which these animals survive, brings about a connection with the animals, the land, and the spirit of the horses captured through the lens of this photographer.

The text is supportive and helped me to understand the plight of these horses. So many times the text can get in the way of the photos, but in this case it was interesting and informative.

A truly amazing book.
on November 6, 2006
AMONG WILD HORSES: A PORTRAIT OF THE PRYOR MOUNTAIN MUSTANGS is a gorgeous image-laden photography book from an art photography who spent two years tracking and photographing the Pryor Mountain Mustangs. Her full-page, full color photos of these wild horses in nature are unique and gorgeous: observations of their special challenges and actions accompany the visual treat.

Diane C. Donovan

California Bookwatch
on May 13, 2007
very good book with nice pictures and a very good description of the hourses that I know very well. The book inspire me a lot and it is a diving in a wonderful ocean of wild life. It was a terrific gift that my dad bought for me. Alex
on December 29, 2007
Very nice pictures and such a touching story. I gave this as a gift to a friend and it inspired her to donate to a fund to support wild horses in America.
on January 16, 2007
Great book.

I have actually seen these horses that are talked about in this book. It is all true.
on October 14, 2012
This is a gem, just stunning photography but also you can learn so so much about horses and the way they are supposed to live. A book you can read a hundred times and can pick up every other day to admire the photos!
on August 13, 2015
This is a wonderful book that captures and majesty and beauty of horses. I have looked at it several times since buying it. I love it! If you love horses, you'll love this beautiful book.
on December 30, 2012
My young cousin, a horse lover, thoroughly enjoyed this book's words and pictures. She couldn't put it down until finished. She then lent it to friends and family
on March 6, 2015
A wonderful, touching story of a world mostly passed, showing how little thanks we humans gave to the horses, which did so much for the creation of America.