5.0 out of 5 stars the best of the best of true french mustard

2.0 out of 5 stars Stale Mustard
Published 20 months ago by Tim R. Gift

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of the best of true french mustard, June 8, 2010
This review is from: Amora Moutarde de Dijon Fine et Forte - Fine French Strong Dijon Mustard 5.3 oz. (Misc.)
Having grown up in France,I am very familiar with this product - I have been unable to find this TRUE French mustard in any store in the USA - there are many mustard called French mustard but they are not the original Amora "extrat forte". I was utterly thrilled when I found out that I could now purchase it through Amazon, instead of having to wait to go back to France and buy a whole case of it. It is an excellent product to add to a vinaigrette or eat with any red meat or to make any sauce - Any one who tries this mustard is guaranteed to be hooked on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mustard in the whole world, February 17, 2008
My French husband and I have gone to great lengths to get this mustard. This is the first time I've seen it available in the US and we will definitely be ordering. There is nothing here that compares in our opinion. It's not an expensive mustard; just the best. And beware, it's very strong!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, February 19, 2008
We had this mustard while we were visiting Colmar, France. It is simply the BEST, and I am thrilled that I can now get it here in the U.S. I am definately going to be ordering some!

2.0 out of 5 stars Stale Mustard, November 20, 2012
Amora mustard is my all time favorite. I just ordered two jars and unfortunately both showed up "stale". Stale in the sense that there was absolutely no heat to them and the flavor was a little off. The sell buy date is still months from now, so I can only assume that the jars were not stored in a cool environment. Physical heat can destroy a mustard (and many other spices), so The Frenchy Bee may not be the best supplier for this otherwise excellent mustard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great mustard, February 15, 2009
I have any friend of mine that travels to France bring me back a bottle or two of this. My wife and I tried this while on a trip in Paris. We didn't have money at that time so I picked the mustard on the bottom shelf; it was like $2 (I think it was 8 francs at the time). I like mustard a lot; and I was in heaven.
I use the containers for glasses for my kids and one sits next to my computer in my office for drinking water.
I don't know why it is so much better than US mustard but it is clearly better. I use it to make mustard and roast beef sandwiches! Yes, I put on enough to make it a mustard AND roast beef sandwich. It blows the doors off US mustard.
It is cheap enough, you have to try it.
I am so damn happy I can order it straight up myself now...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a true French mustard, July 6, 2013
The Amora mustard is excellent. I bought both the Amora and the Edmond Fallot mustards and the Amora is by far the best. I will definitely buy the Amora again. It was exactly what I had been looking for after having had good mustard while living in France.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sine qua non of mustards, February 3, 2012
I am a fanatic about butters, vinegars and mustard, and salt. This AMORA mustard is superb, first in depth of flavor taste and aroma (Hey, a palindrone.) Makes the best vinegrette and as a condiment for meats....all excellant! Not your ball park type mustard....use "French's" mustard and give to caesar what is caesars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt the BEST mustard, November 14, 2010
Like many, we used to dutifully transport large jars of this mustard back from France every time we went for us and family...so happy to buy it online. Strong yet unbelievable tatse of any mustard out there. Wouldn't use another in my vinaigrette and cooking!

4.0 out of 5 stars good - not great - mustard, July 13, 2009
I expected this mustard to be quite "forte", but it wasn't even as strong as the mustard I buy in my local grocery store. When my husband and I were in Paris a few weeks ago, we bought some mustard there to bring home w/ us and I was hoping to find a similar product in the States. No luck, so far. Anyhow, this is a nice mustard, but it does not have the "bite" we expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best...!, August 17, 2013
John S Sherman (EL SOBRANTE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I just said it all...the best moutarde in France is now the best Dijon mustard in America. Great flavor, great spice, great in sauces and vinaigrettes, great on sandwiches and great on sausages and hot dogs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›