Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Assorted Colors|Style: Letter Size|Change

on March 14, 2013
I will forewarn future buyers that the colors you see in the picture DO NOT match the colors you will receive. That is, the picture lets you think you will get bright red, for example, and that the other folders will also be colorful in their intensity. Now I have SEEN other brands of folders that REALLY WERE bright red, as in the picture, so I expected these would be the same.

However, it is not true at all. The colors are really washed out and weak. The colors are so weak that it is hard to tell the difference between some of them if your lighting is subdued. Oh, in case somebody was wondering, you get 4 of each color... 5 colors x 4 = the 20 you receive.

I also noticed that the information posted on Amazon did not mention if tabs were included. I assumed they were, and YES, they ARE included.
on October 19, 2009
I bought these to be green but I feel they are a bit more flimsy in weight than the typical vanilla colored or other 'non' green types.
If that would bother you, you may want to buy another style.
on April 27, 2015
I purchased two boxes to complete a color coded filing project. The original hanging EarthWise folders which I have used for many years were made by ESSELTE, the new ones I just received are made by Pendaflex. The old ones are very durable with sturdy metal hooks that move easily in the file drawer, the new ones are very flimsy and the metal hooks easily bend when sliding them. The old ones weigh 2.1 oz. each and the new ones only 1.6 oz. each.
VINE VOICEon May 1, 2011
Personally I feel these are as durable as other hanging file folders I have used -- other may think otherwise but for me these are excellent. Clean cut lines, smooth surface and appear very durable.

These are by far better looking than the typical office hanging folders.

I am using them with Seville Classics OFF42569 Heavy Duty Office Utility File Cart, Chrome. So they are quite visible in my office.

Very happy with this product and planning to purchase other similar products.
on April 23, 2014
I saw some mixed reviews on the colors for them. I think mine look like the same color in the picture and not washed out like other people say. The quality of the folder seems a little iffy but they are holding up and working great for my needs. None broken yet. They fit perfect in the cardboard file box I bought. I am thinking of buying another box of these when I run out.

Very happy with my purchase and they arrived quickly and undamaged.

Like most boxes of Hanging File Folders this one came with a package of inserts and tabs.
on May 29, 2014
No the colors weren't as described but there were 5 different colors, they're made of recycled cardboard and they hang in my filing cabinet. They also came with the tabs so I'm excited to get my paperwork all organized this weekend!
I bought these for my in desk drawer. And boy do I love how the multiple colors make it easier to organize.

Pros:
Very sturdy and durable
Multiple colors help in organization.
100% Recycled
Easy to install just put in and tadah!

Cons:
None as of yet

I am very happy with this purchase and if I am in need of more hanging files, I will buy these ones again.
on January 8, 2014
Recently decided to reorganize my home office filing system, by adding an easily discernible color category element. Hanging file folders of different categories (f.e. banking, utilities, real estate, etc.) are now simply identified by color (and may, in turn, be sub-divided by the color of the file folder tab and tab text color.) Besides the feel-good semi-green aspect to these hanging file folders, the quality is excellent, the colors eye-catching, and the price more than acceptable. Will undoubtedly continue to buy this Ampad Envirotec assortment.
on March 7, 2014
PROS:
1. Fits standard filing cabinet drawers.
2. Comes with labels, which you can put anywhere along opening of folder with the premade slots.
3. Solid material, not flimsy. Will not break even if over-stuffed.
4. The interface of the paper and the metal at the brackets is also very sturdy, does not tear.
5. Color selection is nice, and easy to see difference between all the folder types.

CONS:
Could've used some extra labels and plastic label covers.
on February 9, 2014
I was worried about these not being as durable as the usual file folders we would use, but they are very nice. They are very study and the bright colors are a nice change from the usual green or tan ones. The labels are easy to use and stay in place. The only downer was the paper labels were a little tough to tear apart for me (I tore through a couple)...but hardly enough to drop a star. I would order again.

See 1 answered question