5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves (Paperback)
Emily must continue her journey to master her power as a Stone Keeper and save Alledia from the Elf King. But her challenge grown as she now faces a new enemy in Max, the mysterious young Stone Keeper who has aligned himself with the Elf King. And they have the last of the mother stone and together they are creating new allies to destroy all who are in their path. But secrets are revealed...not only about the Elf King, but about the stone itself. And perhaps once more there is hope at defeating the Elf King and restoring balance. But for now Emily and her friends must prepare for battle and hope that they survive.

I've loved the entire series but the story in this one blew me away. Kazu finally answers some of the mysteries that he's been building, such as the voice of the stone and what it really is. But even better than that Kazu continues to build and enrich what we know about the characters lives creating an even more engaging story to pull the reader in. In this book we learn more about Max, the mysterious Stone Keeper from the last volume, and even more about Trellis and the journey that he's on. My one and only regret with this book is that it ended all too quickly.

The artwork in this volume is absolutely phenomenal. Kazu and his team have outdone themselves with this series and in this volume they surpass themselves. Mind you I'm viewing an electronic galley so the final actual print could be even better, but the colors are astounding. They make the book come alive, such as the baren snowy landscape scenes. You would think that these types of scenes would be easy to create, brown/black for the mountain and white for the snow and boom, you're done. But to create truly impressive scenes, such as the ones in this book, you have to build layer upon layer of color, some of which you won't ever really see, but they help create a complete image. And the scenes of Cielis, the floating city, are phenomenal. I could almost believe that I was looking at a photograph instead of an illustration. I can't wait to see what they do in the next book.

This has been one of my favorite series since the first book came out and I eagerly look forward to each new volume. It's an epic journey on par with Jeff Smith's Bone, with captivating characters and fantastic artwork. I can't wait to see where Kazu takes us next in this journey and I eagerly await the next volume in this fantastic series. 5 out of 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars "IMPRESSIVE, CAPTIVATING, DELIGHTFUL!", September 1, 2012
This review is from: Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves (Paperback)
Bestselling Author Kazu Kibuishi strikes gold once again in his epic fantasy series with 'AMULET #5:Prince Of The Elves." This captivating, action-packed adventure grabs the reader's attention in the very beginning as it becomes more exciting page-after-page. Emily and her friends are preparing to fight a brutal battle to defeat the Elf King in hope for survival. Many mysteries are solved, including the voice of the Stone as we find out what Max and Trellis are up to. The story is engaging as well as addicting. The colorful illustrations are stunning as they come to life, illuminating the story. A fun-filled, compelling adventure that makes you crave for more from this author. Highly Recommended to all fantasy lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Series, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves (Paperback)
I enjoyed both the artwork and story in this the fifth book of the Amulet series. While it is marketed as a young adult book it is certainly not written in a way that an adult can not enjoy it as well. As always if you are a fan of Kazu's artwork you won't be disappointed. At this point I'm eagerly waiting for the release of the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves (Paperback)
it is well told, well drawn, but the best is the color - the coloring makes the book really nice.
highly reccomended and i can't wait until the next one comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A graphic novel series for young and old, July 10, 2014
I purchased this book as a gift for my son and he thoroughly enjoyed it. He has loved all of Kazu Kibuishi's graphic novels. He was so excited about the book, he encouraged me to read it too. Normally, I wouldn't read a graphic novel, but I was extremely impressed with both the story and the wonderful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars I looooooooooooooooooooved it., June 26, 2014
I think that it was well worth buying it. I love comics and I love writing them. it was very interesting and some of the cartoons were pretty cute. I like the pink bunny:)
some parts and people in the book are not what you expect them to be. I think it's worth it.
kittykat™

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves (Paperback)
My 8 yr old daughter loved this series. Breezed through all the books. Great illustration and the story line is very engaging.

4.0 out of 5 stars kind of enticlamatic..., June 23, 2014
its kind of enticlamatic cause it ends with a really boring story but its not that boring though.
still it wasnt fun then he other books
still liked this book

5.0 out of 5 stars My son started reading these books in second grade so I bought them for him this year. He was so happy,.., June 14, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 9, 2014
5 stars because I can't believe that max is older then 50
plus I can't wait in till book 6

Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves
Amulet #5: Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi (Paperback - September 1, 2012)
$12.99 $9.28
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies