Customer Discussions > Back to Black forum

Amy Winehouse - Rest in Peace

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2011 11:57:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2011 12:04:19 PM PDT
Koala says:
A wonderful voice - so talented. She was a fragile soul. We will miss her.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 1:50:40 PM PDT
Hinch says:
I was shocked and saddened to hear the news when I first woke this afternoon.

R.I.P. Amy

:-(

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 3:02:34 PM PDT
Ryan e says:
You will be missed Amy. Thank you for being you. Rest in peace, girl.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 4:22:09 PM PDT
So sad, such a firey bright, young talent snuffed out. Awesome singer, soul filled with pain. R.I.P. Amy.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 5:34:07 PM PDT
Rest in peace sweet Girl.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 6:12:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2011 7:36:59 PM PDT
Hoss says:
A powerful talent that burst out of an apparent insecure figure. We can only guess what held her back from taking charge but it's worth to take a pause now for the less talented who are challenged as well.

And shame on virtually every news outlet for the insensitive reporting of Amy's ultimate demise. Troubled, or normal without the tools to handle such a level of talent?

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 7:23:51 PM PDT
Rest in peace sweet Girl.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 9:47:15 PM PDT
Another member of the 27 Club. I wish she could have gotten help but for years her club membership seemed guaranteed. I wish she didn't join but may she rest in peace with Jimi, Kurt, Janice, and Jim and may they give her a warm welcome to the club when she arrives.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 11:37:08 AM PDT
icecube says:
R.I.P Amy. And as much as I love this album, let's not forget the "Frank"cd as well. If it's not equal to"Back to Black" then it's better. Great talent.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 4:12:25 PM PDT
Gneiss Guy says:
While it's sad when anyone dies, the cause has not been determined yet. While she did exhibit self-destructive tendencies in the end she is responsible for her actions and their consequences. I will miss her music, but I would have passed on the music if she had gotten help.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 6:48:15 PM PDT
MACLEAR says:
She was one of the many souls of pain, sensitive as an exquisite piece of china, a genius that perhaps was fed by her many demons. Certain artists retreat to art because life as it is is too much to take. You know the theory - neurotics are those who cannot channel their crises into art. Unfortunately channeling it does not do away with the sorrow which is too deep to know. Hell, even so sober minded a man as T.S. Eliot said near the end of his life that if he had to do it all again he would not be a poet because the emotional toll was not worth it.
I had hoped against hope she would be able to exorcise those demons and whether or not she made another CD is immaterial. Some of those who mourn mourn because her pain reminds them too much of their own pain, their own loss, their own sense of aloneness. We have her music, that soulful voice, at once plaintive and emotive with emotions that were never cheap because they ran so deep.

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 7:18:47 PM PDT
ejane says:
to Amy's family.......I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe she was out of your control and you did the best you could. The world will never know.
Amy's music will carry on for generations. A tragic loss for you as well as her adoring fans.

What was she thinking????????????????????

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 7:20:07 AM PDT
Polina says:
I still can not seem to stop crying!! This world was not worthy of the incredible beauty and sheer vulnerability of her soul! Instead of the constant put-down she received from the media etc. they should've just let her sing. Instead all she received was constant ridicule! Now she's gone but we are the true losers. She was the 'Billy Holliday' of this generation...it will be many long years before we see another genuine talent like hers...if ever!?
R.I.P. Amy

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 4:37:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2011 4:44:39 PM PDT
Larry Groff says:
When I first saw the video for "In My Bed," I knew that this girl was going to become a household name...a global household name, that is. When her persona evolved into the bee-hive hairstyle and eyeliner borrowed from the early 60's...(my Mom were the same hair and makeup for years long after the fad faded)...I became addicted to her videos and music. It was difficult to avoid all of the tabloid crap focusing on her off-stage behavior and paid little attention to her music. At that point I became concerned that she would never be able to overcome the pitfalls that many celebrities seem to get trapped in. Every time that I would see another pic it seemed that it was only a matter of time. But still I held onto hope that she would fight back and WIN! Hearing of her death was one of those moments that I will remember where I was and what I was doing at that time. Rest In Peace, babygirl! You're a legend now!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Back to Black forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Back to Black
Back to Black by Amy Winehouse (Audio CD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (982)